P/I/P: Revs @ NYC, Wed May 31st, 7:30p [R]

Discussion in 'New England Revolution' started by NFLPatriot, May 30, 2017.

1. NFLPatriot

NFLPatriot Member+

Jun 25, 2002
    Foxboro, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  2. ToMhIlL

ToMhIlL Member+

Feb 18, 1999
    Boxborough, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Maybe this belongs in the Heaps thread, but this snippet from the linked article above caught my eye. It talks about Houston's Alex as a Number 10, and how he's thrived inthat role without necessarily being in the midldle. But that only works if he has the right players around him. WIngers Alberth Elis and Romell Quioto are able to get into space which makes them, and the whole team, more dangerous.
    We have some guys who can be equally dangerous in the attack, but the frustrating part here is that I don't think our coaching staff knows how to use them the way Houston has figured this out.

Doublecard repped this.
  3. Kenp

Kenp BigSoccer Supporter

Feb 17, 1999
    Massachusetts
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    #28 Kenp, Jun 5, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2017
    Was anyone else bothered by the quality of the pitch?

I know this is a temporary, make-do arrangement for NYFC, but I was actually looking forward to a game being played on grass. But the grass was long, loose and slippery causing play quality to suffer big time, imo. Turf is preferable to this inconsistent surface.

Not the way to showcase MLS talent.

a517dogg repped this.
  4. Revs in 2010

Revs in 2010 Member+

Feb 29, 2000
    Roanoke, VA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Absolutely awful pitch, and it negatively affected both teams (so I think that it was worse than usual, given that NYCFC should have been accustomed). Paul Mariner commented on the slips with a blanket statement that professional players shouldn't slip on the pitch.