P/I/P Revs @ Dallas 7/4

Discussion in 'New England Revolution' started by RevsLiverpool, Jun 29, 2015.

1. rkane1226

rkane1226 Member+

Apr 9, 2000
    Club:
    Stade Brestois 29
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is very uninspired.

2. 6and33areGOD

6and33areGOD Member

Jun 19, 2011
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    This is pathetic.

3. RoyNJ

RoyNJ Member

Sep 23, 2000
    Las Vegas, NV
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Only Jermaine Jones can save this team now.

4. TheLostUniversity

Los Angeles Galaxy
    Feb 4, 2007
    Greater Boston
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    At this rate Jermaine Jones may not want to bother trying to save this team..... I am beginning to accept that Heaps may simply not be up to the job of constructing and inspiring a Revs side that knows what it means to have a winning mentality.
    There is plenty of talent out there, but it is not a team.

5. RevsRule

RevsRule Member+

NE Revs, LAFC
    Jun 9, 1999
    N. Eastern, Mass
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Horrible result. Thing is, people were working but it's not enough. Our defense is paper thin and cannot stand up to a multi-point attack like Dallas has. JoGo was good for his usual screw up and Tierney is fine as long as you dont expect him to play any defense. The others ugggh

We're heading to the bottom....fast

6. RevsLiverpool

RevsLiverpool Member+

Nov 12, 2005
    Boston
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, shitty result but hope everyone had a great 4th regardless! Dallas has a potent attack but the revs made it look too easy. Frustrating game - Heaps can't blame the ref or travel for this one.

The revs are now 1-6-4 in the last 11 league matches - 4 points out of 33 available. Now they are 4th in the east with everyone having games in hand. To avoid having to be nearly flawless down the stretch like last year, the revs need to turn things around - fast.

Looking ahead for the rest of July, the revs have a trip to Jersey sans JJ which will be tough. NYC at home is deceiving - watch, Mullins will probably get a brace. Then a trip to Chicago where they rarely gain 3 points. In their present form, I'm not optimistc the revs will get more than a point, 4 tops out of those 3 games.

TheLostUniversity repped this.
  7. Feldspar

Feldspar Member+

Nov 19, 1998
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You would think that with a summer swoon EVERY YEAR, eventually the Revs would figure out a solution. I mean, hell, the law of averages suggests that we should have missed the June-July losing streak at least once in the last 10-15 years. There's really no excuse for it ALWAYS happening.

patfan1 repped this.
  8. patfan1

patfan1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 19, 1999
    Nashua, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Exactly on this day last year, I was upset about a four game losing streak.

Nothing to worry about though. Heaps and Burns are much smarter than all of us.

It was pathetic to hear the Dallas fans around us last night actually feeling sorry for us. That's what we have come to.

9. a517dogg

a517dogg Member+

Oct 30, 2005
    Rochester, NY
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Watched the game yesterday on tape delay. Again, shouldn't have bothered. Next time I'll just watch the condensed game and save myself an hour.
    Even though we're thin on defense (that was a rookie move from Woodberry to give up the foul on the first goal - terrible defensive header and then a stupid challenge), we still have a decent amount of talent. We're bringing a USMNT international off the bench (despite how bored/uninspired Agudelo looks...) and we had a good spell for the first 10 minutes of the 2nd half. The question is, why do we look good only for 10 minutes a game? Other teams adjust to us, and we can't readjust. Why? If Kraft bothered to pay attention to this team, Heaps would be fired.

10. dncm

dncm Member+

Apr 22, 2003
    Boston
    Agreed - something is really not right. Jones is a HUGE upgrade in player personnel, but I am really surprised how different these players respond to not having him in the team (and it continues to expose some of their limitations as players). That is only going to hurt their own personnel careers and really points to Heaps' abilities (or lack thereof).

Jones has not signed any extension yet, correct?

Heaps is doing one thing right not starting Rowe anymore, but I am surprised that this team has not tried something different formation-wise for the front 6 without Jones. It's almost like the Revs have no back-up plan from a tactics standpoint (we are not Barcelona). They are always going to play double-six with Charlie as the lone striker - with the predictable sub pattern. I am all for consistency but it seems like teams are keying in and planning to play against that.

Brad and Paul in the broadcast at the end were really struggling to make it seem like all is still okay.

Good chance Lampard is in the team for the NYC game too.

11. NFLPatriot

NFLPatriot Member+

Jun 25, 2002
    Foxboro, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, we have arrived. Twenty games in. A year ago, we were 7-11-2 (23 pts) and just finished an 8-game losing streak.

0-2-0 (3/8 - 3/15)
    5-0-4 (3/21 - 5/16)
    1-6-2 (5/20 - 7/4)

Today, we are 6-8-6 (24 pts), one point ahead of last year's pace. If the losing streak continues, we will fall below last year's pace.

Can Jermaine Jones return in time to provide a second straight miracle finish?

Amazingly, after each game this year, we have been within 3 pts of last year's, with the exception of game 12 (4 pts below last year).

It's deja vu all over again...

RevsLiverpool repped this.
  12. Revs in 2010

Revs in 2010 Member+

Feb 29, 2000
    Roanoke, VA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just a comment on how much EVERYONE sucked is that CSN picked JoGo as the man of the match. I guess gifting the other team a goal was less bad than what everyone else did (and I'm a JoGo fan).:rolleyes:

13. SamSam

SamSam Member

Feb 26, 2009
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It wasn't even the first time he lost possession as the last man back, which was the infuriating part. FWIW I thought Bunberry had the best game on the Revs team.

The seem to be grasping for excuses all game. Oh, its too hot, they should have taken a water break, the Revs are tired from their recent stretch of games, too many injuries, they're trying new stuff, Lee is just coming back into form. It was actually pretty funny to listen to.

No direct mention of the Revs being the only team in the entire league affected by the Gold Cup, or the fact that that most of these players have been playing together for the last 3 freaking years and still can't figure out when the guy is going long or coming short!!!

14. patfan1

patfan1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 19, 1999
    Nashua, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That 10 minutes or so, I thought, was to start the second half.

And then this happened.

They're getting their excuses from the Revs fans. ;)

a517dogg repped this.
  15. RevsLiverpool

RevsLiverpool Member+

Nov 12, 2005
    Boston
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Maybe he'll pull a Henry and be a little bitch about playing on carpet. Could work in our favor!

16. RevsLiverpool

RevsLiverpool Member+

Nov 12, 2005
    Boston
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Parcells wasn't wrong in what he said about records and how good a team is...

17. ToMhIlL

ToMhIlL Member+

Feb 18, 1999
    Boxborough, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not to hijack, but you wanna know why he went to Cyprus? Was it because he heard of a good young player who was under the radar who could make a difference for us? Was it to make a contact in a foreign league for future player scouting? Was it to watch a Scandinavian team train on their winter break and maybe sign one of their players?

No.

It was because a player that used to play for us bought a freakin' condo there so he could more easily get an EU passport and therefore, a more lucrative contract with a European club. That plan didn't work out for Agudelo, and Burns needed to take advantage of the UHC sponsorship to go visit a doctor to look at the arm he hurt from patting himself on the back for that move. It would have been one thing if they had gone after, and failed to sign, a potentially good player, but to only target guys who used to play for us is pure laziness.

Of course, this winter Burns is going to realize we need to sign a central defender, and by golly, that's exactly what he's gonna do. And the best news is that he won't have to learn everyone's name again, and the Media won't have to learn how to pronounce the name "AJ Soares."

18. a517dogg

a517dogg Member+

Oct 30, 2005
    Rochester, NY
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    AJ Soares isn't walking through that door.

19. CottageRev

CottageRev Member+

Jun 13, 2010
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Actually, didn't they go to Cyprus for Esmael Goncalves, who chose to sign with a bottom-table team in Greece instead?

20. Minuteman

Minuteman Member

Oct 16, 2003
    Abington, MA
    Furthermore, didn't he sustain a long term injury?

21. a517dogg

a517dogg Member+

Oct 30, 2005
    Rochester, NY
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Minuteman repped this.
  22. NFLPatriot

NFLPatriot Member+

Jun 25, 2002
    Foxboro, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  23. NFLPatriot

NFLPatriot Member+

Jun 25, 2002
    Foxboro, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's what they WANTED you to think... ;)

24. rkupp

rkupp Member+

Jan 3, 2001
    That makes no sense. Not that long ago, we had a good record and essentially the same team. If anything, the Revs experience in '15 shows how inadequate that oft-repeated quote is (ex., says nothing about depth).

25. RevsLiverpool

RevsLiverpool Member+

Nov 12, 2005
    Boston
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's New England. We're big on tradition. ;)