P/I/P: Revs @CHI, 10/16

Discussion in 'New England Revolution' started by NFLPatriot, Oct 10, 2016.

1. NFLPatriot

NFLPatriot Member+

Jun 25, 2002
    Foxboro, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm a little surprised this hasn't been discussed here more.

Knighton was stupid to grab Accam's shorts, but there is no way that was DOGSO. Even red-card-loving Borg agrees:

Andrea Pirlo's tough tackle, plus SKC's PK shout | Instant Replay, Week 33
    October 18, 2016

The Knighton play starts around 4:20 of the video.

2. rkupp

rkupp Member+

Jan 3, 2001
    I've been thinking about that too. Woodbury did present more of a threat overlapping up the wing and the overall defense did not improve by switching Farrell out (although I don't fault Heaps for trying it).

I think the real rotten core in that defense has got to be Goncalves and for the life of me I can't figure out why. If he's malingering because of contract issues 3 years on, that's pretty poor form. But, regardless, someone of his pedigree and experience should never be making some of the blunders we've seen almost every game. To the contrary, he should be organizing his fellow defenders to they don't make half the mistakes they've been making.

3. Revs in 2010

Revs in 2010 Member+

Feb 29, 2000
    Roanoke, VA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    For me (and I'd probably be the first to go off on a rant), it's probably that this season has me demoralized about the team in a way I haven't been in the past. Don't worry, I'll be back ready to try to kick the football out of Lucy's hold again come next spring, I'm sure.

Did anyone else read "red-card-loving Borg" and think: Get off the pitch, you have been assimilated?:alien:

NFLPatriot repped this.
  4. RevsLiverpool

RevsLiverpool Member+

Nov 12, 2005
    Boston
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Trade Farrell and JoGo and revamp the defense. Farrell has been here for 5 years now. Maybe I put too much stock in the draft but a top overall pick should not still be making the mistakes he has.

In fact, FWIW I would be aggressive this off-season and revamp the squad through trades. Nguyen, Farrell and Goncalves are top of the list. Given Lee was MVP caliber a couple years ago, Farrell an all star and top overall pick, and JoGo Defender of the Year in 2013, I'd guess they're probably the most valuable assets we have in the eyes of other GMs around the league.