PBP: P/I/P - Rapids vs. Revs - Jameson Night! - Sat. 3/4 4pm

Discussion in 'Colorado Rapids' started by JasonMa, Feb 27, 2017.

1. Stuart95

Stuart95 Member+

Mar 11, 2012
    NoVA
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Random thoughts:
    - 3 points is 3 points
    - Best moment of the game was Serna coming back on the pitch.
    - McMath had a hell of a game, I especially liked his fist save in the first half. It should be up for save of the week.
    - I'm not as down on Powers, his touch was better than last year and his midfield play was tenacious.
    - A big negative for me was that I had to pick up my season tickets in person. Nice they had events in Denver and FCo but I live in the Springs.

jayd8888 repped this.
  2. Dom. FC

Dom. FC Member+

May 10, 2004
    Central US
    22SteveD, kucsdat, COMtnGuy and 2 others repped this.
  3. unkiemark

unkiemark Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Boulder
    Bummed that I got in to the Dick too late to see it. I absolutely love C-38's Tifos and always look forward to seeing what they've come up with for a particular match.

m vann repped this.
  4. COMtnGuy

COMtnGuy Member+

Apr 5, 2012
    Higher than you
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  5. Sports Yak

Sports Yak Member+

Jul 17, 2007
    Lakewood
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    A few random thoughts... Same style as last year. I had to laugh when I read the Pablo quotes about some "dynamic" offensive play. The Inigo Montoya quote comes to mind, "“You keep using that word, I do not think it means what you think it means." I guess if it means Watts toe poking a ball in the air, he may be on to something.

I thought Sjoberg was great. If he has any brain cells left after he retires... Can't remember anyone playing more headers than Axel. Fearless. Cronin/Azira were strong defensively too. Great job controlling the defensive mid field.

Last but not least, that was a game that was a continuation of the mojo from last year. A tie would have been a fair result, but the Rapids picked up two extra points. We stole more points last year than we gave up. Two years ago, they would have lost that game. Although they didn't play particularly well, they do have a bit of a swagger that they think they are going to win. The swagger didn't leave with Jones to LA or with Howard hurt. That's a good sign.

6. RevsLiverpool

RevsLiverpool Member+

Nov 12, 2005
    Boston
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #81 RevsLiverpool, Mar 6, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2017
    Agreed, though the defense played well, which is a step in the right direction. Of course, your offense was approximately as anemic as ours barring a fortune bounce, so I guess we'll need a lot more data to declare progress. As for the Kamara/Agudelo/Nguyen/Rowe attack, it works on the road occasionally and usually at home. In this game it didn't help the revs' offense that Heaps played Nguyen as a forward, which is clearly dumb. He will realize this around Labor Day.

That said, you guys have the best defense in the league and it showed so kudos for that. To me the rapids are maybe the most boring but effective team in the league. That's intended as a compliment. Best of luck in the west; hope you guys shut up Cascadia and definitely LA.

7. Stuart95

Stuart95 Member+

Mar 11, 2012
    NoVA
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    One disappointing thing, the p*to chant is still going. However, there was something else afterwards, some sort of backlash against it? I was in 109 but couldn't quite make it out.

8. spot

spot Member+

Nov 29, 1999
    Centennial
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The chants lack wit.

9. Waterboy66

Waterboy66 Member

Jan 16, 2016
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    I really like this post, but I'm not going to agree with the last sentence. We were not strong offensively ni this game and the anemic offense caught up to us last year in the playoffs. Had it not been a miracle goal from Gashi, we would have been out with barely a fight to show for it. It will catch up to us sooner rather than later.

22SteveD repped this.