P/I/P Rapids vs. Manchester City C team, Sat. 9/16

Discussion in 'Colorado Rapids' started by AlbertCamus, Sep 14, 2017.

1. fortcollins

fortcollins Member+

St. Louis City SC
    Apr 12, 2006
    Fort Collins
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    @JasonMa Silly rabbit! Winter is for ski vacations.

2. m vann

m vann Moderator
    Staff Member

Colorado Rapids, Celtic FC, & Louisville City
    Sep 10, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    To learn English? Oh wait.......nevermind. He has that down pat. To learn how shitty his teammates are? Oh wait....nevermind. He has that down pat. The beer's still better in Germany? Oh wait...... He probably has that down pat, too. So really, I have no clue! ;)

3. Stuart95

Stuart95 Member+

Mar 11, 2012
    NoVA
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'd have to disagree, Colorado beer is outstanding. The only thing better in Germany is that I had a beer man to go along with my milk man, delivering a rack of beer each week!

Paranoid Coyote repped this.
  4. Rod1916

Rod1916 Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Colorado
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    All this talk about why now for Aigner. Perhaps he wouldn't have been available in the winter. Why not now?

5. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Because the next coach may not want him?

6. unkiemark

unkiemark Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Boulder
    Aigner looks to be a Pádraig Smith guy, so my assumption is that whoever the new coach is he would be fine with him. A big part of Smith's philosophy seems to be making sure everyone is on the same page in terms of style of play.

Now, as far why he isn't starting, who knows?

jayd8888 and Rod1916 repped this.
  7. m vann

m vann Moderator
    Staff Member

Colorado Rapids, Celtic FC, & Louisville City
    Sep 10, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Ahhh you made an assumption! I never said it wasn't outstanding in CO. Bet your ass it is! Germany is a tad bit better from my experiences just because they have beer in their blood :) ;)

Rod1916 repped this.
  8. Rod1916

Rod1916 Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Colorado
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Exactly what I was going to post.

9. Rod1916

Rod1916 Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Colorado
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Agree here. The limited styles you can get in Germany are better than those styles here in CO. BUT, you can get a much wider variety of quality beer here in CO. I love my Weissbier when in Munich, but would miss the variety if I lived there and not hete.

m vann and Stuart95 repped this.
  10. Sports Yak

Sports Yak Member+

Jul 17, 2007
    Lakewood
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    I think the issue with Aigner is it seems to continue the pattern of the Rapids signing players without any game plan as to how they want to build the team. Or knowing what type of team they want to build. It's just random signings based on, "Well, he looks pretty good."

As for Aigner's playing time, if he's fit, is there really any argument that Hairston should start in front of him? Maybe if you want the wooden spoon so there's no place to go but up.

jimijam28 and JasonMa repped this.
  11. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Apparently the coaching staff is letting Aigner dictate when he's fit enough to start.

12. Freight_TrainC38

Freight_TrainC38 New Member

Colorado Rapids
    United States
    Sep 18, 2017
    I had a pretty interesting conversation with El Piojo after the game on this same topic. He likes Aigner and his skill but it seems like too little too late. The most interesting part of the conversation was when he clued me in that not only did we have a chance to sign Dynamo danger man Alberth Elis and go shot down by the FO but also that a similar situation played out with Atlanta's Josef Martinez.

Seems like we are decent at scouting the right kind of talent but the FO keeps getting in the way.

Stuart95 repped this.
  13. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Is the FO the one doing the scouting? Or do you mean KSE shot down using a DP slot on those players?

14. Freight_TrainC38

Freight_TrainC38 New Member

Colorado Rapids
    United States
    Sep 18, 2017
    #64 Freight_TrainC38, Sep 18, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2017
    To me it sounded like he was part of the scouting effort, who exactly it is that said no, I couldn't be sure and didn't want to press the issue with him.

Stuart95 and JasonMa repped this.
  15. jayd8888

jayd8888 Member+

Aug 22, 2006
    Denver CO
  16. fortcollins

fortcollins Member+

St. Louis City SC
    Apr 12, 2006
    Fort Collins
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The only argument that makes sense to me for keeping Aigner on the bench (if he's fit) is that the season is already lost, the RFO either has decided to keep Aigner or has to by contract, and they want to play the others to decide who stays and who goes after the season ends. That's probably attributing too much to the RFO, but it's the best I can come up with.

COMtnGuy repped this.
  17. Stuart95

Stuart95 Member+

Mar 11, 2012
    NoVA
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A couple of thoughts:
    - Ford had a damn good game and Gatt shows some flashes of inspired play
    - Unsure what Gatt said to Chris Penso, it must have been good!
    - McNamara's goal was outstanding ... despite this Howard had some great saves
    - I loved that Gordo was yelling at the rest of the team after the goal to get restarted ... we need that level of desire

18. SccrDon

SccrDon Member+

Dec 4, 2001
    Colorado Springs
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Only the 2nd match I've attended this season...and we have 4 points in those 2 matches! If I go to any more matches I may single-handedly keep us from winning the Wooden Spoon!