P/I/P: OCSC @ Revs, 3/11: GAME POSTPONED

Discussion in 'New England Revolution' started by patfan1, Mar 6, 2017.

1. ToMhIlL

ToMhIlL Member+

Feb 18, 1999
    Boxborough, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, they prolly should have scheduled the Florida game in March and the NE game later in the year to begin with, but then we'd have 3 straight away games. I think it would have been tough to swtich at the last minute, even if Orlando would have done better with short notice than we would have. When did they cancel it, Friday? I wonder if Orlando were even in town, or if they were just about to get on their flight...

2. Minutemanii

Minutemanii Member+

Dec 29, 2005
    Abington MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I believe they canceled it Thursday if my memory serves me correctly.

3. Steve_R

Steve_R Member

Feb 25, 2001
    Somerville, MA
    It was announced Friday morning.

Good question about Orlando, I imagine they would have been due in on Friday for a practice session if not here already on Thursday.

4. BERich

BERich Member+

Feb 3, 2012
    New England
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    3 straight road games, Toronto played 6 or 7 away games to start the season and ended up in the MLS Cup final. Maybe we are missing out on the secret to reach the final. Of course, that would be to end the season with 6 or 7 straight home games.

But realistically, IMHO, when you play once a week it's no big deal to have 3 straight road games. With the exception of 3 west coast games in a row. If they switched the Orlando game, it would mean away to NY, DC and Orlando. Less than an hour, 1-hour and 2-hour flights; all in the eastern time zone. The first 2 are probably the same length of time as some of the players commute to the stadium.

RevsLiverpool and MM66 repped this.
  5. RevsLiverpool

RevsLiverpool Member+

Nov 12, 2005
    Boston
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The revs don't fly to NY. I know this for a fact, the fan bus I was on to the swamp was just behind the team bus on the way home a couple years ago.

6. BERich

BERich Member+

Feb 3, 2012
    New England
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ok, I should have known better. Revamped: 3-hour bus ride, 1-hour flight(?), 2-hour flight(?). :)

7. ToMhIlL

ToMhIlL Member+

Feb 18, 1999
    Boxborough, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, remember the time they took the Fung-Wah special and the bus caught on fire somewhere in Connecticut on the way home? The players were hanging out on the grass on the side of the road for half the night. Fun times!