P/I/P: NYCFC @ Revs, Sun Oct 15, 5:00PM

Discussion in 'New England Revolution' started by dncm, Oct 12, 2017.

1. dncm

dncm Member+

Apr 22, 2003
    Boston
    After US out of World Cup, feels like this season should not have any more games.

Villa would be worth seeing. Revs to play spoiler as they fight for their jobs.

2. RevsLiverpool

RevsLiverpool Member+

Nov 12, 2005
    Boston
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Villa playing is the only reason to go to this game. That being said the Jekyll and Hyde revs will once again win at home, 2 1.

Kenp repped this.
  3. rkane1226

rkane1226 Member+

Apr 9, 2000
    Club:
    Stade Brestois 29
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  4. Feldspar

Feldspar Member+

Nov 19, 1998
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ktsd repped this.
  5. RevsLiverpool

RevsLiverpool Member+

Nov 12, 2005
    Boston
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    NYC red in the 26'

Got to get 3 pts just to be a spoiler

6. RevsLiverpool

RevsLiverpool Member+

Nov 12, 2005
    Boston
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    1 0 beauty by Diego

Now finish the job!

7. Cannons

Cannons Member+

May 16, 2005
    #7 Cannons, Oct 15, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2017
    Kamara is one selfish prick when he gets the ball and we were not better since he came on. We could have had 3 or 4 if he would have laid it off rather than shoot every time he touched the ball. I would not run for him after about the second time. The worst was when we were 3 on 1 and he tried to chip the goalie rather than lay it off

Beyond that, we looked pretty good. My only concern is that there are 3 or 4 players on this team that scare the Hell out of me when they're on. Yellow or maybe red cards waiting to happen. Watching tonight, they still havent learned anything and thats too bad. They have to stop hacking or go away

8. sean'o

sean'o Member

Nov 6, 2013
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Kamara may have djins... If the right thing can be done, he does otherwise... Not on the 2018 roster, if rational minds are in gear... Sierra Leone national team may need him.

TOAzer repped this.
  9. MM66

MM66 Member+

Mar 9, 2009
    Brookline, MA
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Remember that time Diego Fagundez scored two goals in his final home game with the Revs?

10. sean'o

sean'o Member

Nov 6, 2013
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Yes, I do, very distinctly. And since then it has been my concern that the development of his formerly nsturslly developing talents have been delayed / squandered by his "elevation" to the full time roster.

11. MM66

MM66 Member+

Mar 9, 2009
    Brookline, MA
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I was talking about today quite possibly being his last home game with the Revs. Diego's going to have suitors this winter.

12. RevsLiverpool

RevsLiverpool Member+

Nov 12, 2005
    Boston
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Think so? 6 goals this season won't blow anyone away with the gap running from June to October. Although I will acknowledge he does a lot that doesn't get on the scoresheet. Being a new dad, he may not want to pick up and move abroad (if that's what you meant). Within MLS, sure.

13. BERich

BERich Member+

Feb 3, 2012
    New England
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    After watching all the soft reds cards the Revs have received and last night's soft NYC red card. I watched the first half of Seattle v. Dallas. A Dallas player went into a two footed studs up tackle and crunched the Seattle player. The basic definition of a red card; he got a yellow card. Must be the laws of the game are different on the right side of the Mississippi.

14. Revs in 2010

Revs in 2010 Member+

Feb 29, 2000
    Roanoke, VA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No, it's just that we're always on Flight 19 in the "Revolution Triangle.":rolleyes:

BERich repped this.
  15. MM66

MM66 Member+

Mar 9, 2009
    Brookline, MA
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I suspect someone's spotted his quality and thinks he's got untapped upside. Also, at age 22 it's time for him to venture overseas if he's ever going to do it. A new kid actually might light a fire under him to make the move.

16. Argyle

Argyle Member

Jan 31, 2002
    Plymouth, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It also might inspire him to stay put, where he has a familiar environment and family support structure.

Can you imagine moving to a foreign country with a newborn baby?

Feldspar and a517dogg repped this.
  17. MM66

MM66 Member+

Mar 9, 2009
    Brookline, MA
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I tried really hard to get an overseas job when my kids were newborns. Couldn't quite land the right gig.

18. patfan1

patfan1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 19, 1999
    Nashua, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    NYCFC red card rescinded.

19. Feldspar

Feldspar Member+

Nov 19, 1998
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Can’t say that’s unreasonable. It looked like a yellow card at most, and really should have been reviewed during the game. MLS needs to seriously refine its VAR rules, because they’re completely inconsistently applied.

20. MM66

MM66 Member+

Mar 9, 2009
    Brookline, MA
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Forgot to mention, I brought a Spanish guy to the game. It was his first MLS contest. We stood in the Fort and in the second half he asked me why all the people along the length of the field barely seemed to be paying attention.

21. ToMhIlL

ToMhIlL Member+

Feb 18, 1999
    Boxborough, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Back around the turn of the century, I worked for an Israeli dot-com start-up. I brought the (27 year old) CEO and another guy to a game in the Fort once and they were fascinated. The atmosphere was nothing like the Israeli league, which makes Serie A look like a cub scout meeting. The two things I remember most were that they were amused we had a player named Imad Baba, and that he talked like a guy from Texas, not the Wesxt Bank. And that the crowd was so family-orented and "safe," with lots of women and kids.

We also had a meeting with Jonathan Kraft and tried to get them to invest in our company, but he declined. I don't blame him, since the company ended up on the skids, but with all the stock options I had, I could have easily bankrolled the Revs new stadium if that stock had even reached $5!

22. Argyle

Argyle Member

Jan 31, 2002
    Plymouth, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Gee, where I sit everyone's paying attention. They may not be standing and chanting non-stop, but they're paying attention.
    And that includes the trio of chatty preteen girls sitting behind me.

A Casual Fan repped this.