P/I/P NER @ ORL, Sun July 31, 7:30p ET

Discussion in 'New England Revolution' started by NFLPatriot, Jul 26, 2016.

1. NFLPatriot

NFLPatriot Member+

Jun 25, 2002
    Foxboro, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  2. Minutemanii

Minutemanii Member+

Dec 29, 2005
    Abington MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  3. rkupp

rkupp Member+

Jan 3, 2001
    Ties in 3/4 previous meetings - although the fourth was a 3-0 win for the good guys.

No one suspended for this one, but a bunch of players on each team on card-watch. Koffee and Woodbury for us, 3 players for OC.

4. Steve_R

Steve_R Member

Feb 25, 2001
    Somerville, MA
    Hopefully Koffie's assumed limited minutes appearance is helpful in avoiding a yellow.

Speaking of which, I just looked up the official rules for the good behavior incentive and it seems to conflict with what is listed on the discipline homepage which says 4 games remaining for Koffie and 5 for London until good behavior incentive removes 1 card from the count:

http://www.mlssoccer.com/topic/discipline

The "rules" - http://pressbox.mlssoccer.com/content/mls-disciplinary-committee-principles-and-parameters-0
    - say -
    Good Behavior Incentive
    If a player receives a caution during the Regular Season that brings him within one caution of any of the suspension thresholds (e.g., 4 cautions, 7 cautions), he will be placed on “Warning.” If a player is placed on “Warning” and appears in three (3) consecutive games without receiving a caution, being sent off or sanctioned by the MLS Disciplinary Committee for an infraction that occurs during one of the three (3) consecutive games, that player’s personal caution total will be reduced by one (1) caution. A player may only benefit from the Good Behavior Incentive one time per season.

So how is it possible to have a count higher than 3 games remaining for the incentive to be triggered?

I may be missing something extremely obvious...it's so damn hot out...

RevsLiverpool and NFLPatriot repped this.
  5. Revs in 2010

Revs in 2010 Member+

Feb 29, 2000
    Roanoke, VA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Given Koffie's history, even with shortened minutes, I'd guess that the over/under for him getting a yellow can't be more than two games. My take is that it's probably better for him to get the suspension out of the way, since it's virtually inevitable (and he can use the suspension as a "rest break" during his recovery).

As far as the game, to quote Han Solo, "I have a really bad feeling about this..." The Revs have a way of luring us back in with a few good games, then throwing in a real clunker.

TheLostUniversity repped this.
  6. teskicks

teskicks Member+

New England Revolution
    United States
    Jan 14, 2002
    Wrentham, MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My guess is that a player can get to 4, not get the good behavior reduction, get a 5th and get suspended, get to 7 and then avoid a second suspension and reduce to 6 if he plays in 3 consecutive games without a card.

7. Soccer Doc

Soccer Doc Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Keene, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Spoken like someone whose followed the Revs for a long time and know their history :cool:

8. NFLPatriot

NFLPatriot Member+

Jun 25, 2002
    Foxboro, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  9. Steve_R

Steve_R Member

Feb 25, 2001
    Somerville, MA
    that makes sense from the perspective of counting yellows but I'm referring to the "remaining games to good behavior" column on the first link in my original post. According to the rules that number should start at 3 and count down, then if you get another yellow in game 1, 2 or 3 of the "good behavior period" I would assume it just resets to 3.

10. Soccer Doc

Soccer Doc Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Keene, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Anyone want to put a bet down on CD9 scoring tonight? :)

11. firstshirt

firstshirt Member+

Bayern München
    United States
    Mar 1, 2000
    Ellington, CT / NK, RI
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    KAMARA!!!!!!! 1-0 Revs

Minutemanii repped this.
  12. firstshirt

firstshirt Member+

Bayern München
    United States
    Mar 1, 2000
    Ellington, CT / NK, RI
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    making a 40 yard plus run and beats the keeper. Well done

13. firstshirt

firstshirt Member+

Bayern München
    United States
    Mar 1, 2000
    Ellington, CT / NK, RI
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think Caldwell is such a solid player. I absolutely love what this kid brings to the table. Don't think he gets enough credit. I also like the Caldwell Watson pairing

14. RevsLiverpool

RevsLiverpool Member+

Nov 12, 2005
    Boston
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #14 RevsLiverpool, Jul 31, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2016
    Half time - apart from the superlative individual effort by Kamara, the revs have no business being ahead. The Revs are looking shaky at the back. Orlando should have buried at least 2 or 3 chances so far tonight. It also seems like every pass Tierney and Rowe make go backwards.

sean'o repped this.
  15. RevsLiverpool

RevsLiverpool Member+

Nov 12, 2005
    Boston
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Good example of ambition, or lack thereof. OCFC is 3 points behind the revs - Heath loses his job, Kreis is hired. Makes you wonder how Heaps is still in a job with the likes of Sigi Schmidt available.

16. firstshirt

firstshirt Member+

Bayern München
    United States
    Mar 1, 2000
    Ellington, CT / NK, RI
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ya, how does Larin get that wide open. Farrell???

17. sean'o

sean'o Member

Nov 6, 2013
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    #17 sean'o, Jul 31, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2016
    now gone woeful, once again... must have been some inspiring 1/2 time words from coach...

18. firstshirt

firstshirt Member+

Bayern München
    United States
    Mar 1, 2000
    Ellington, CT / NK, RI
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    can we please sit bunbury. useless all night

pwykes repped this.
  19. Minutemanii

Minutemanii Member+

Dec 29, 2005
    Abington MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Woodbury, is our fallicy.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

20. firstshirt

firstshirt Member+

Bayern München
    United States
    Mar 1, 2000
    Ellington, CT / NK, RI
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    certainly knew another one was coming. lack of possession won't win you games

21. RevsLiverpool

RevsLiverpool Member+

Nov 12, 2005
    Boston
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yep. Thank Farrell for both OCFC goals.

22. RevsLiverpool

RevsLiverpool Member+

Nov 12, 2005
    Boston
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    3 1 Molino again. WCWGGLT? Good night, game over, drive home safely.

Big picture, I take everything back about not needing reinforcements. Damn, this is an ugly second half.

TheLostUniversity repped this.
  23. TheLostUniversity

Los Angeles Galaxy
    Feb 4, 2007
    Greater Boston
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    When we see, week after week, so much impressive individual talent, and week after week a persistent failure to get the players to look like a team, never mind a team with an understanding of how it wants to play and of how individuals fit into that aim.............well, at some point, you have to look at the management..

a517dogg, BERich, pwykes and 1 other person repped this.
  24. RevsRule

RevsRule Member+

NE Revs, LAFC
    Jun 9, 1999
    N. Eastern, Mass
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Pathetic. that's all I can say. Lee should be docked for a no show. I can't defend him anymore. An AM that doesn't attack is what I see. He has to do more than one or two touches then dump it off. Say goodbye to NAT ambitions.

I think Heaps has to go. We aren't good enough but he can't manage what we have or motivate them to play hard in a 6 point game. He's useless

25. rkupp

rkupp Member+

Jan 3, 2001
    Way too often, Farrell makes some really head-scratching decisions to leave his man to "help out". What could have motivated him to leave Larin, one of the league's top scoring threats, to help out in the middle? Decision-making should be simpler playing outside. Simply put, Farrell shouldn't be making these kinds of mistakes at this point in his career.

I thought Shuttleworth looked pretty slow on two of the goals. On Larin's tie-er, BS was beaten from an angle fairly easily and the shot wasn't even that well placed. On the 3rd, he got several fingers on the shot - should have been able to steer it wide.

The last few games, I'm really stunned by how lazily Bunbury is playing. If he doesn't have the ball, at most he just does a leisurely jog up/down the field. On the tying goal, the only thing I can imagine that Farrell was thinking was that Bunbury would fill in behind him. But Bunbury, just kind of pulls up and watches the rest of the play. At worst, he should be letting Farrell know that Larin was unmarked. Just awful defense and weak effort combined.

I'm sure the heat got to them in the 2nd half, but such a mediocre effort from so many players. The defense was disorganized and the attackers looked lifeless. The subs brought some energy, but little skill. Davies had about 3 chances that a quality striker should bury. Rowe similarly had a quality chance that he managed to make completely non-threatening.

We played a pretty effective high-pressure game in the first half - and it paid off with a goal and the lead. But, with the way they wilted in the 2nd, you really have to question the strategy of putting in so much effort so early.

IRguy, firstshirt and RevsLiverpool repped this.