P/I/P NER @ DCU, Sat Jun 25, 7p ET

Discussion in 'New England Revolution' started by NFLPatriot, Jun 23, 2016.

1. rkane1226

rkane1226 Member+

Apr 9, 2000
    Club:
    Stade Brestois 29
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Can we hire better players at the same time?

2. KapeGuy

KapeGuy Member+

Mar 21, 2010
    Cape Cod
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks for noticing. He is one of the "better" (not "best") LBs in the league. And he may have blown the coverage on one (or maybe both) the DCU goals. It happens, even to the "better" players in the league.

3. rkupp

rkupp Member+

Jan 3, 2001
    I'm really frustrated with Heaps. Herivaux shows he can fit in in USOC games, yet Heaps will not give him a chance, when we're desperate for some real dmid play. Kobayashi is not the answer and Rowe is not the answer there. Why does Heaps keep trying to play non-dmids at dmid?

And, who have the offensive hot hands been recently? Agudelo and Femi! Who are not playing? Agudelo and Femi.

You finally get a guy hot (Agudelo, with goals in 3/4 games and points in 4 games) and what does Heaps do. Sit him the heck down. :mad:

4. rkupp

rkupp Member+

Jan 3, 2001
    A pretty dismal performance overall. I thought Rowe was our best player.

Nguyen did plenty of fiddling and diddling with nothing to show for it. He wanted a bigger contract, he got a bigger contract. Where's the performance?

More head-shaking mistakes by the defense. This is very basic stuff - wing and defender need to talk to each other when there are two players to cover. Rowe should have covered, but Tierney should have made sure that he knew there was someone to pick up.

5. Revs in 2010

Revs in 2010 Member+

Feb 29, 2000
    Roanoke, VA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The seventh sign of the apocalypse, RKupp renounces KAD'hood:p

I agree with most of your points, BTW, but the only thing I'd disagree about is that I think Caldwell/Kobayashi is our best DMid pairing -- I'd love to see Harivaux first off the bench, or as a one-time starter during the upcoming glut of matches.

6. rkupp

rkupp Member+

Jan 3, 2001
    They've got a young, talented player with all the promise of any young MLS prospect. But how is he going to develop if they won't even play him?

7. NFLPatriot

NFLPatriot Member+

Jun 25, 2002
    Foxboro, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #32 NFLPatriot, Jun 29, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2016
    Welcome to the dark side! ;)

Well, for one, they could send him to Rochester. But it appears the Revs have completely given up on that relationship...

The "gone but not forgotten" Michael Gamble was the last Rev to play for the Rhinos, back on April 17th.

8. patfan1

patfan1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 19, 1999
    Nashua, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Let the hate flow Bob ... it feels good. ;)

But yeah, in general I have no disagreement with your comments.

9. NFLPatriot

NFLPatriot Member+

Jun 25, 2002
    Foxboro, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  10. ToMhIlL

ToMhIlL Member+

Feb 18, 1999
    Boxborough, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Big deal! I could score a goal like that if I was given that much space. There was no one even in the frame.:mad:

a517dogg repped this.
  11. rkupp

rkupp Member+

Jan 3, 2001
    I'm not there yet, but I'm getting increasingly frustrated that this team (which I still believe has a lot of talent) continues to move backwards. Every time Heaps tries to plug a leak, another one springs open.

12. RevsLiverpool

RevsLiverpool Member+

Nov 12, 2005
    Boston
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Eventually, you'll see this is an ongoing problem that never gets properly addressed by our inexperienced coach and understand the angst of most posters.

13. rkupp

rkupp Member+

Jan 3, 2001
    Well, I wouldn't agree that it has always been the case (I think he steadily improved the team over his first 3 seasons - and don't think that can -all- be attributed to Jones, who I think contributed a little over 1/2 of one good season total).

OTOH, it could be the case that he's run out of ideas/ways to improve at this point.