P/I/P MLS Cup Playoffs WC Semifinal: L.A. Galaxy @ LAFC, THURSDAY 10/24/19, 7:30pm PT

Discussion in 'LA Galaxy' started by L.A. Native, Oct 21, 2019.

1. FlapJack

FlapJack Member+

Mar 3, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Took GBS the whole season + 160 min playoff soccer to figure out that Gioncarlo can't play RB. I could have told you that. Start Feltcher or Arraujo and even with Polenta's mistakes and our Kitchen handicap we can get out of there with a win.
    Also VAR fails once again to callback obvious offside goal, of course. The only thing VAR does is cause ARs to stop calling offside so they can let VAR make all the calls. Alvares, Feltcher, and Allessandrini have got to be fuming at the end. Nothing more frustrating than watching your team go down and feeling you could have stopped it if you could have just gotten on the field.

Geneva and The Beautiful Gamer repped this.
  2. The Beautiful Gamer

The Beautiful Gamer BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 26, 2008
    Minneapolis, MN
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Romeny and Steres were fine. It's been everyone else in the back that sucks.

3. hav77

hav77 Member+

May 31, 2010
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Quick poll, who wants Zlatan back?

4. Berks

Berks Member+

Dec 22, 2010
    NorCal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey - that’s a positive, it’s the last of Sjkelvik!!!!

Geneva, ShortyMac, okifeelthat and 4 others repped this.
  5. Berks

Berks Member+

Dec 22, 2010
    NorCal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No thank you. He changes the way we play to our detriment.

Ghosting, Vindo310, ProudNatRN and 3 others repped this.
  6. FlapJack

FlapJack Member+

Mar 3, 2006
    Los Angeles
    I didn't even include Corona in my lineup rant, because I assumed he was out injured still. If he could have gone 45 minutes even, then why am I watching Kitchen jogging around so much?

The Beautiful Gamer repped this.
  7. skydog

skydog Member+

Aug 1, 1999
    Durham, NC
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    I think our defensive personnel will improve but I don’t trust GBS tactically. The only way we end up with a good D under him is if our back 4 and gk are absolutely dominant.

I would love Galaxy getting a top tactical coach. With DTK recruiting.

JPAR, ProudNatRN, kaburu and 3 others repped this.
  8. TrickHog

TrickHog Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Gonna disagree. He attacked the reporter. Very Trump-like. He actually didn't say anything in praise of Vela and just acted like an ass, walking away.

9. LEM-LAG

LEM-LAG Member+

May 28, 2011
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    I think it's too risky to give him a DP salary and I'm sure nobody in the Galaxy organisation wants to bring him back at this price.

Even at a TAM salary, Romain will be 31 next April, has been injured all season and has had injury issues his whole career. His game relies a lot on speed and physical. Very risky.

10. TrickHog

TrickHog Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I would be fine taking the risk on Romain with a low-TAM contract. If only to reward his heart and commitment to LA. But definitely not a DP - that ship has sailed.

11. rtdavide

rtdavide Member+

Apr 20, 2005
    Whittier, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'll pass. Time to move on.

12. The Beautiful Gamer

Aug 26, 2008
    Minneapolis, MN
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #462 The Beautiful Gamer, Oct 25, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2019
    Then the ref ate what would have been Ibra's 2nd with that weak foul on Drini at the very end. The dude also killed 2 counters by not letting us play advantage. This is what the league wanted anyway. They were scared we'd win and were hoping to be able to have the LAFC greatest team of all time story they want to keep trying to push.

Beakmon FC, ShortyMac, JPAR and 5 others repped this.
  13. FlapJack

FlapJack Member+

Mar 3, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Agree. I don't think personnel is as bad as results. You put Gonzales as RB - a position where he's going to get run by and you trust in Perry Kitchen to provide him cover? Tactically maybe it works if you put Arraujo in front of him. Or maybe just Arraujo at RB and Gioncarlo at DM and Kitchen on the bench. Or Feltscher starts but you tell him if he gets caught upfield you are going to have him running laps until Christmas. Tactically GBS does seem to see it. I really thought maybe Feltcher would come on at halftime.

Ghosting, JPAR, Geneva and 2 others repped this.
  14. skydog

skydog Member+

Aug 1, 1999
    Durham, NC
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Bottom line, we give up 4 goals we don’t deserve to win.

15. The Beautiful Gamer

Aug 26, 2008
    Minneapolis, MN
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yep this was ultimately a good season going in the right direction. Now its time to figure out the DP situation and defense.

16. Bilgediver

Bilgediver Member+

LA Galaxy
    Oct 16, 2013
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nah. Remember earlier this season Zlatan sat out a game or two (injured? I don't remember) and we played very well. He was a lion for us but I think GBS could only do so much with him on the pitch. Zlatan walks half the game and only offers something if the ball is within 9 feet of him.

Ghosting repped this.
  17. skydog

skydog Member+

Aug 1, 1999
    Durham, NC
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Ok, that’s it. I want a divorce.

Ghosting and TrickHog repped this.
  18. Bilgediver

Bilgediver Member+

LA Galaxy
    Oct 16, 2013
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Agreed. After a few seasons of not making the playoffs we make it! Sure our defense isn't what it should be but at least it was good enough compared with last season.

19. hav77

hav77 Member+

May 31, 2010
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    A more mobile forward would be nice.

Ghosting and Bilgediver repped this.
  20. skydog

skydog Member+

Aug 1, 1999
    Durham, NC
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    This. Love the guy but he’s a big risk due to age and injuries. Have to be cheap. OTOH he is worth a lot as a leader if he can stay healthy.

21. hav77

hav77 Member+

May 31, 2010
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
  22. The Beautiful Gamer

Aug 26, 2008
    Minneapolis, MN
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I love Ibra and would not cry if he came back; but he couldn't be a DP that's for sure. However I would prefer that he recognize that it's time for him to hang up his boots and get behind the commentary booth. Zlatan color commentary would be priceless.

23. FlapJack

FlapJack Member+

Mar 3, 2006
    Los Angeles
    I think DTK has done a good job and sees it like it is. Not sure about loan status for some the players (Antuna - and maybe some others) and Pavon's TAM status long-term, but I trust DTK to work it out. I think Allessandrini could be back as a non-DP given where he is in his career, coming off injury. And that's why I would consider bringing Ibra back on a one-year deal. Two DP slots is a lot to fill with quality big-time players who just happen to be out of contract. We have Pavon to take some of the scoring burden off of Ibra. Bring in one big time DP in 2020 and then replace Ibra's spot in in 2021. It's also why I'd consider keeping Feltscher. He's not great, but for his salary, if you bring in a new player you aren't guaranteed to get better. I really think with our personnel we should have been playing a 3-5-2 all season. However, I think Ibra is gone. So the Galaxy will be looking to bring in at least one goal scorer DP.

24. El Futbolisimo

El Futbolisimo Member+

Sep 28, 1999
    Yeah. We dismantle the D. Keep Polenta ideally and maybe address the keeper situation. Gone or on the bubble is feltcher, gonzalez, steres, romney , skelvik, kitchen, corona, favio, juhnino if he isn't in witness protection and bingham.I

Don't know how the Zlatan thing will go but he may be enticed to stay if he is shown a plan where he won't have to score 4 goals for the D letting in 3 every game. But I know some of you want to let him go so we can rebuild with younger guy. I just don't know Pavon is that guy. on loan maybe but if we pay 25 million the there goes out rebuild money. In any case I hope everybody feels better. We did improve a ton this year.

25. Geneva

Geneva LA for Life

Feb 5, 2003
    Southern Cal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I really see and agree with this. When Gonzales was subbed, it was obviously too late. He was the weakest link tonight.

We don't have much team speed and we need it. I say keep our two young wingers, and Dos Santos, and build around them. The rest of the team, some should stay to avoid wholesale turnover, but of the defense I'm really only attached to Romney, and that's as a utility guy. Thanks for the memories, Zlatan.