P/I/P Game 34: L.A. Galaxy @ FC Dallas, SUNDAY 10/22/17, 1pm PT

Discussion in 'LA Galaxy' started by L.A. Native, Oct 17, 2017.

1. L.A. Native

L.A. Native Member+

Aug 1, 2013
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    No one here but, at least one guy was...
    [​IMG]

JPAR, hav77 and shelbo repped this.
  2. rtdavide

rtdavide Member+

Apr 20, 2005
    Whittier, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I swear I want to be more level-headed than "raze it to the ground"... but then they show up and play like that and I think: not sure there's much else that can be done with this team. It's a shame what happened to this organization.

JPAR, StillKickin, hav77 and 3 others repped this.
  3. Lazy Assed Assassin

Jul 21, 2015
    I should say I’m not necessarily advocating for blowing everything up, just at this point if that’s what it takes to field a competitive team next season I’m not going to object. If Sigi – and only Sigi at this point – wants to work with Allesandrini and Boateng and a few others that’s fine too.

The Cadaver and TrickHog repped this.
  4. skydog

skydog Member+

Aug 1, 1999
    Durham, NC
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    #79 skydog, Oct 23, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2017
    Not sure what falls into the "amount to anything" category but the most common preseason finish prediction on this board was 5th or 6th. WCMANES was closest, predicting 10th place. And to be fair no one could have foreseen a key player like Lletget missing the entire season with an injury.
    And our entire board did better than the MLS preseason power rankings which bizarrely had us as the 5th best team in the league!

5. 73Bruin

73Bruin Member+

Jul 12, 2008
    Torrance, California
    Heard the 2018 Galaxy jersey will look like this[​IMG]

MPNumber9, TOAzer and TrickHog repped this.
  6. Berks

Berks Member+

Dec 22, 2010
    NorCal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ugh. What a way to end. Got back from a weekend away for work, then proceeded to settle down to watch the game. Saw the 49ers blown out yesterday, saw the G's blown out today.

Man my teams have SUCKED this year.

Here's to 2018. Looking forward to it with y'all.

TrickHog, Geneva and The Cadaver repped this.
  7. The Beautiful Gamer

The Beautiful Gamer BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 26, 2008
    Minneapolis, MN
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And so it ends,...Highlight Time Folks

Let the Off-season Rebuild Begin!!!

8. TheHoustonHoyaFan

Oct 14, 2011
    Houston
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Cole was not happy after the match and neither was I. Not sure what it looked like on TV but I drove up to Frisco to see the squad live and from my seat it seemed like as soon as Dallas went ahead Gio and Jona shut it down for the season. Romain, Cole, and Jones tried and pressed until the bitter end.

In times like this, you need to show character,” he said Sunday. “We go 1-0 up. We play well. Then we concede a goal and everyone seems to go in their shell.

They don’t want the ball. They don’t want to play. We kind of changed the tactics and the mindset. We’re not a big team. We don’t need to hit long balls. We’re not going to win the first balls, so we need to have an identity to play, and today we didn’t.

http://cornerofthegalaxy.com/2017/1...ts-galaxy-loss-fc-dallas-need-show-character/

9. The Cadaver

The Cadaver It's very quiet here.

Oct 24, 2000
    La Cañada, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, hats off to you for making the drive and seeing this for yourself. Your observation is right in line with mine. I saw players give up. I really don't want players on LAG that would give up. Disgusting.

10. 73Bruin

73Bruin Member+

Jul 12, 2008
    Torrance, California
    Does anyone thing Chivas would be interested in buying both Gio and Jona? They are currently in 15th place in Liga MX, so they could definitely use the help.

11. Dr.Phil

Dr.Phil Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They thought Vela was to much so maybe not

12. barroldinho

barroldinho Member+

Man Utd and LA Galaxy
    England
    Aug 13, 2007
    US/UK dual citizen in HB, CA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    It speaks well of MLS's progress if we're now offloading unwanted DPs to the actual Chivas.

Beakmon FC and 73Bruin repped this.