P/I/P Game 34: Houston @ L.A. Galaxy, SUNDAY 10/28/18, 1:30pm PT

Discussion in 'LA Galaxy' started by L.A. Native, Oct 21, 2018.

1. L.A. Native

L.A. Native Member+

Aug 1, 2013
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    [​IMG]

TV: Spectrum SportsNet​

shelbo and TrickHog repped this.
  2. Bilgediver

Bilgediver Member+

LA Galaxy
    Oct 16, 2013
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Only a win will do. Control our own destiny! Let's do this G's.

shelbo, TrickHog and ShortyMac repped this.
  3. skydog

skydog Member+

Aug 1, 1999
    Durham, NC
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
  4. The Cadaver

The Cadaver It's very quiet here.

Oct 24, 2000
    La Cañada, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Why do I feel like I am being set up for a monumental disappointment?

skydog, El Futbolisimo, hav77 and 2 others repped this.
  5. WarGalaxy

WarGalaxy Member+

May 29, 2011
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It’s going to be an interesting day overall. Besides obviously praying that this not some kind of cruel trap game, I’m actually hoping for Dallas to draw their last game; as well as LAFC and SKC to draw too.

If all those things happen that would set up LAFC and Galaxy to meet in the knock out game.

I know, first things first, but I’m on a high from today’s match still; and looking forward to all potential outcomes that would benefit the Galaxy’s position.

hav77 and skydog repped this.
  6. Beep Boop Robot

Mar 11, 2015
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    The Cadaver, hav77, mbar and 1 other person repped this.
  7. mbar

mbar Member+

Apr 30, 1999
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    LA Galaxy at LAFC (possibly) on Halloween is not the test my marriage (with young trick or treating kids) needs right now.

napper, Berks, WarGalaxy and 4 others repped this.
  8. TrickHog

TrickHog Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was about to call my daughter to tell her our Halloween-night movie plans might need to change, but then I realized she told me last week that she is hanging with friends on Halloween night now and that we need to go to the movies a different night.... (teenagers)

9. JPAR

JPAR Member

Aug 21, 2013
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Already have a huge tailgate planned for this game. Everything to play for and hopefully a nice day. Might be the last chance to see Zlatan in a live game at Stub Hub. If you are a soccer fan, this is a must see game. Go Galaxy!

Berks, WarGalaxy, TrickHog and 1 other person repped this.
  10. skydog

skydog Member+

Aug 1, 1999
    Durham, NC
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Houston is an interesting opponent. On the one hand their overall goal differential is better than most teams in the league, including playoff contenders RSL and CLB. And at home they have the same number of wins as we do, only one fewer than WC leaders SKC, LAFC and SEA. So by all of those stats they should be a playoff level team.

But damn they suck on the road. They sport an embarrassing 1-10-5 away record. Only one road win so we should be a shoo in for the playoffs, right?! Oh wait -- not so fast. They don't have to beat us to end our season - they just have to win or draw, like they've done in 38% of their road games.

I don't know if they are going to field a full strength team or start some of their prospects. But I expect the former. And if they do play their best 11 and play for pride their record suggests they won't be pushovers. At all.

The Cadaver and TrickHog repped this.
  11. Beakmon FC

Beakmon FC Member+

LA Galaxy
    United States
    Jan 10, 2002
    The OC
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I had a little wildlife action outside my office today and got a great photo...

Next Game.jpg

Berks, skydog, LEM-LAG and 7 others repped this.
  12. Beep Boop Robot

Mar 11, 2015
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    I think the fact we HAVE to win this game is better for us. Regardless of Houston puts out we have to play to win. If we could go through with a draw I could see players get complacent and under perform.

I just hope we bring Zlatan off as soon as the game is done and dusted. We'll have 3 days in between our next game and 3-4 days for the game after that if we win.

Berks, skydog, rokstedy and 2 others repped this.
  13. El Futbolisimo

El Futbolisimo Member+

Sep 28, 1999
    This Galaxy team is more balanced and effective. The guys all want this and are playing for each other. Not the same team Houston had to deal with last time. Having said that, Houston can be the spoiler. They have that ability to rise to an occasion, even if eliminated. Galaxy has to hit the ground running and leave it all on the field. No watching our fatigue level for the finals or stupid subs to do same. Just bum-rush these guys into next season and be done with it. One game to do or die. It doesn't get more dramatic than this.

TrickHog repped this.
  14. salvikicks

salvikicks Member+

Mar 6, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I hate that GD isn't the deciding factor. The fact that it needs to be a win has me kind of nervous. I'm just having flashbacks for those games the Gs had a win and got the tie. The defense is playing better at least.

skydog and TrickHog repped this.
  15. WarGalaxy

WarGalaxy Member+

May 29, 2011
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Since the Open Cup Houston has pretty much packed it in and are ready for vacation. They haven’t given any team much of a challenge in resent weeks.

TrickHog and skydog repped this.
  16. mbar

mbar Member+

Apr 30, 1999
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I can think of two “must win” games at home vs. Houston that resulted in us lifting trophies over our head.

We can do it!

napper, salvikicks, Berks and 7 others repped this.
  17. TrickHog

TrickHog Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is why I'm nervous. Sunday has "trap game" written all over it. I hope the players and coaches don't look past Houston to the play-in game mid-week... or else there won't be a play-in game...

That said, we should be able to beat the stuffing out of Houston and sub out some players with 20 minutes to go or so.... (fingers crossed)

18. Beep Boop Robot

Mar 11, 2015
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    They changed the rule after the record for number of draws in a season kept getting higher and higher because less skilled teams would go on the road and bunker to preserve GD. I think swapping to wins has helped the league be a little more open. I also wouldn't mind if away goals scored was the tie breaker.

19. crookeddy

crookeddy Member+

Apr 27, 2004
    Those games had the luxury of penalty kicks to take some of the pressure off. This time, a draw knocks us out. Weird how I am way more excited about this game than I usually am for a playoff game!

I guess having the perception of a 34 game season come down to a single game is exciting :)

generaladmissision18 and TrickHog repped this.
  20. skydog

skydog Member+

Aug 1, 1999
    Durham, NC
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    What do you guys think Dom will do about GDS? He will be healthy and available, right? Will Dom keep his multi-million dollar butt on the bench like he did with Skjfouj? Or will he make the mistake of starting him because ... well, because hes one of our "Stars"? I'm guessing he will bring him in as a 2nd half sub. If so I hope it doesn't backfire.

shelbo, TrickHog and WarGalaxy repped this.
  21. WarGalaxy

WarGalaxy Member+

May 29, 2011
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Because Dom doesn’t have the burden of trying to appease the FO and Gio, I can’t imagine he tinkers with the team that’s been getting results and jiving.

You you look at last weeks bench, this team is desperate for some offensive players off the bench. Gio is actually what we need right now in that spot. Will he actually be affective, I have no idea.

22. TrickHog

TrickHog Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Barring injury, Dom will start the exact same starting XI - those players are fighting for him and he'll reward them with a chance to save the day. Gio will make an excellent addition to the end of the bench.

shelbo, ProudNatRN, Berks and 1 other person repped this.
  23. MPNumber9

MPNumber9 Member+

Oct 10, 2010
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, easy choice for Dom this time around as Gio's just coming back. And having Gio available off the bench is way better than Lassiter.

Berks and TrickHog repped this.
  24. skydog

skydog Member+

Aug 1, 1999
    Durham, NC
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    If we need a goal then agree Gio would be a good 2nd half sub. I just don't want his passivity coming on the field if we are trying to hold onto a 2nd half lead.

TrickHog repped this.
  25. TrickHog

TrickHog Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If we are holding onto a lead late, I'd rather Dom sub in Skydog than Gio....

The Cadaver and Beakmon FC repped this.