P/I/P Game 34: Houston @ L.A. Galaxy, SUNDAY 10/28/18, 1:30pm PT

Discussion in 'LA Galaxy' started by L.A. Native, Oct 21, 2018.

1. TOAzer

TOAzer Member+

The Man With No Club
    May 29, 2016
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Some metaphors are made flesh

Beirut repped this.
  2. skydog

skydog Member+

Aug 1, 1999
    Durham, NC
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    I’m out guys. Most painful season I’ve ever watched. They built our hopes all the way through minute 45 of the final game of the season and then just ********ing crushed them.

Berks, ProudNatRN, ShortyMac and 5 others repped this.
  3. The Beautiful Gamer

The Beautiful Gamer BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 26, 2008
    Minneapolis, MN
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Christ that was laughably bad

ShortyMac, TOAzer and kaburu repped this.
  4. Beirut

Beirut Member+

Feb 3, 2010
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Embarrassing. Don't care who leaves this offseason.

73Bruin, WarGalaxy and kaburu repped this.
  5. LEM-LAG

LEM-LAG Member+

May 28, 2011
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Everyone is to blame but Gio was again invisible. Hopefuly it was his last game in a Galaxy uniform.

JPAR and The Beautiful Gamer repped this.
  6. Beirut

Beirut Member+

Feb 3, 2010
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Btw, RBNY just won the shield. Quite possibly the best organization in the league. No flashy BS like Atlanta or LAFC.

Just a good FO, a good pipeline of youth, and good hard working talent.

I'm done with MLS this season, but I hope they win.

generaladmissision18 and GalaxyKoa repped this.
  7. Lazy Assed Assassin

Jul 21, 2015
    Time will tell, but right now this falls just behind “that” games in terms of ending a season with low expectations, unexpected renewed expectations followed by an absolute collapse.

kaburu repped this.
  8. GalaxyKoa

GalaxyKoa Member+

Jul 18, 2007
    North County
    Club:
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We are who we thought we were.

natfaninla, Geneva, JPAR and 9 others repped this.
  9. The Beautiful Gamer

Aug 26, 2008
    Minneapolis, MN
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ^^This
    Welp I guess I will be rooting for Rooney and the United this post season. I can't wait to see who gets sacked first.

73Bruin and kaburu repped this.
  10. Baysider

Baysider Member+

Jul 16, 2004
    Santa Monica
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    I guess like a lot of people I haven’t been around here much. But it’s nice to have somewhere to go where I know that other people will feel as bad as I do right now. So thanks for keeping the forum going.

MPNumber9, TrickHog, Berks and 3 others repped this.
  11. The Beautiful Gamer

Aug 26, 2008
    Minneapolis, MN
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Highlight Time
    Thank God the season is over

WarGalaxy repped this.
  12. napper

napper Member+

Jan 14, 2014
    Fullerton
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I can’t believe we lost.

13. mbar

mbar Member+

Apr 30, 1999
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #138 mbar, Oct 28, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2018
    That game was this season in a nutshell in some ways. Think of it:

We blow a lead at home (this time we didn't just draw but REALLY blew it)
    We show a little ability to attack and score which we showed at times
    Cole had a beautiful assist (he had a lot this year)
    Gio was invisible in his time
    Our defense completely cratered and lost all confidence the moment they conceded. It was so amateur.
    Bingham couldn't make a big game deciding save.
    Rolf got hurt.

The only thing that wasn't like the rest of the season was that Zlatan was pretty much meh.

Not a good year. My biggest complaint heading into the offseason is I really don't have confidence that we have the personnel behind the scenes that have the knowledge/ability to make this team better. I can't imagine Pete and Jovan and Chris have a real plan for what the hell they are going to do next year and who they are goign to target.

With that being the case we'll continue to be a team of players that are past their prime (or at least heading there) but famous and of players that have agents that can con our FO with youtube videos and trick us into paying huge sums for players that can't hack it in MLS. I need a change at the top to have hope again.

On a side note, I was coaching my sons U-9 game yesterday and we led 3-1 at halftime and proceeded to lose 5-3. Watching that second half yesterday looked awfully familiar to what I saw today at the Stubhub center. A complete lack of confidence and composure. But, then again, they are all 7-9 years old. What's the Galaxy's excuse?

14. Knave

Knave Member+

May 25, 1999
  15. The Cadaver

The Cadaver It's very quiet here.

Oct 24, 2000
    La Cañada, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Still want Dom retained?

Why go into a shell and bunker with a two goal lead? With a team that pretty much has lost every time it tried to bunker all year. We were actually controlling the game in the first half. Why not go for the kill? I think that change in tactics is on Dom.

Why put Gio in .....ever? If Ema couldn't go, there was Baggio on the bench. He might have brought something maybe. But putting Gio on the field was the equivalent of waiving the white flag.

Like so many times this year, I walked out of Stub Hub scratching my head and thinking what possessed me to buck LA traffic rather than sitting in my lounge chair with an appropriate beverage to deaden the pain.

ProudNatRN, Berks, Beakmon FC and 5 others repped this.
  16. JPAR

JPAR Member

Aug 21, 2013
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    The only bright side I can see is that this makes it obvious we need wholesale changes. Klein, Vagenas, Kirosvki, Dom, Gio, Ashley, Ciani Skittles for a start.

What a way to end the season...

GalaxyOne and mbar repped this.
  17. Lazy Assed Assassin

Jul 21, 2015
    I’ll gladly eat my words, but Klein will be the GM next season. Kirovski will still be here. Maybe Vagenas gets sacrificed.

Now if season ticket sales drop (and why wouldn’t they?) and attendance drops (and why wouldn’t it?) and the new stadium sponsor deal isn’t great (and why would it be?) then you might see some movement where it counts.

I think next year is another lost season. We’re probably stuck with Gio, the team spent heavily this season on expensive, useless contracts and the front office, from top to bottom, is not good enough. Klein & co don’t have the resources to pull another Zlatan out of their hat either. Can’t believe it’s been less than half a decade since we had the most dedicated and ambitious owner in MLS, but Uncle Phil seems to have given up; maybe the NFL thing broke him.

The Beautiful Gamer repped this.
  18. MPNumber9

MPNumber9 Member+

Oct 10, 2010
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What a way to go out. Too much ill Karma to overcome: Dom's former team, AJ and Leo back, 2 MLS Cups. Have the Football Gods finally exacted enough revenge to free us from the bondage of Klein and Vagneegus and their unholy regin?

19. skydog

skydog Member+

Aug 1, 1999
    Durham, NC
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    We were up 2-0 when I said that. One of the most bizarre games I've ever witnessed. The first half everyone was playing giving so much effort. Well other than Ibra, for some unknown reason. But the rest of the team was giving it their all. Players were making 40 yard runs to get back on defense when we lost the ball. Kinnear had really turned this team around! We got this!

But a completely different set of players showed up in Galaxy uniforms for the second half. No one was trying to win the ball, no one bothering to show for passes. No one talking, exhorting their teammates to keep it going. No one arguing with the ref even when he moves a foul three feet back to deny us a clear pk. What happened to the Ibra who is in the refs face if he get brushed by a feather?? No where to be found. The entire team looked like a bunch of head-hanging zombies. Except slower. Even when we still had a 2-1 lead we gave off body language that we had already lost. I don't think I've ever seen a team just quit in a game like that. Certainly not in a game of that importance. So depressing.

20. 73Bruin

73Bruin Member+

Jul 12, 2008
    Torrance, California
    I don't think Cole is the problem. While he clearly can't be the left wing in a 3-5-2, he is a more than acceptable left back in a 4 anything. His 10 assists place him tied this year for second on the Galaxy. He would be even better if he wasn't covering for center backs like Skjelvik and Romney.

21. Berks

Berks Member+

Dec 22, 2010
    NorCal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thank you google interests for ruining the result for me. PISSED.

Then again, I don’t have to watch and feel the pain of this one. For the first time in a long time I’m not going to watch a game.

What a disaster. I can’t believe the result and the way it happened. Well, I can. Blegh!!!!

Now I just go to hoping the team actually makes changes. Hoping being the operative word.

Bummed.

22. rtdavide

rtdavide Member+

Apr 20, 2005
    Whittier, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Had to go to a wedding this afternoon. left the game at halftime feeling pretty good. My wife told me after the wedding we had lost 3-2. I guess we didn't want to go to the playoffs.

23. Beirut

Beirut Member+

Feb 3, 2010
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    I'm feeling like Aria Stark. I'm keeping a list of all the people celebrating our demise. I'll remember them when we're back on top..

These losses will make the wins sweeter.

Hope we don't have to wait too long. #fireKlein

24. hav77

hav77 Member+

May 31, 2010
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Just got back from climbing and saw the Gs and Dodgers scores :cry: For the Gs, how???? Guess looking at the box score, seems like a typucal Gs lost, i.e., score first then get burned in defense and lose at the last minute.

25. rokstedy

rokstedy Member+

I love commieball
    Apr 20, 2001
    Northwest Orange County
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I didn't watch the game and yet I ain't even mad. I'm not surprised either. The Galaxy finds another way to disappoint us. Well, see y'all next season.

The Beautiful Gamer and Geneva repped this.