P/I/P Game 33: L.A. Galaxy @ MNUFC, SUNDAY 10/21/18, 2pm PT

Discussion in 'LA Galaxy' started by L.A. Native, Oct 6, 2018.

1. Lazy Assed Assassin

Jul 21, 2015
    You’re right. Misread the table thought we’d have 14 wins at the conclusion of this game. So win it is.

skydog repped this.
  2. mbar

mbar Member+

Apr 30, 1999
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Weak that goal differential isn’t first tie break. A draw should be enough.

If we do make it, the away wild card game could be LAFC, Dallas, sporting or maybe even Seattle (I think).

Might buy LAFC 1st playoff game tickets on stubhub just in case.

skydog repped this.
  3. skydog

skydog Member+

Aug 1, 1999
    Durham, NC
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Amazing what Kinnear’s choice to take out sieves Kitchen and Skejlvik did for our defense. That was something many of us were arguing we needed to do for months but Sigi never got it. All we needed was a non-joke defense to easily be a mid-playoff team.

barroldinho, Berks, TOAzer and 6 others repped this.
  4. Bilgediver

Bilgediver Member+

LA Galaxy
    Oct 16, 2013
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Whoscored ratings.

Ibra 9.1, big surprise. Good game overall with some questionable giveaways as always. No idea why skejlvik keeps getting used, even as a sub. He and Kitchen are good for nothing except giving away fouls and earning cards. Glad we aren't playing ciani anymore. Romney and Steres are good solid MLS level defenders who are solid enough together, and they work together, which helps.

Glad to see Romain get on the scoresheet. He gets less desperate and less mistake-prone when he contributes to the scoresheet. Screenshot_20181021-194015.jpeg

shelbo, TrickHog, WarGalaxy and 2 others repped this.
  5. skydog

skydog Member+

Aug 1, 1999
    Durham, NC
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Whoscored ratings look very accurate (which means they agree with me, of course): Ibra has his demigod rating, GDS with 8.2, Alessandrini 8.1, Lletget 7.5. Cole gets a 7.5 as well and maybe his best assist of his Galaxy career. All very, very solid. I think everyone had a really good game except Boateng. And maybe Bingham who over-complicated things.

TrickHog and WarGalaxy repped this.
  6. The Beautiful Gamer

The Beautiful Gamer BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 26, 2008
    Minneapolis, MN
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So glad we won. I am with skydog. We should have fired Sigi way before now. Imagining this team with no Kitchen, Skejlvik and Ciani from the start of the season makes me mad at how good we would have been. Now for what almost gave me a stroke in this game.

Bingham please stop trying to be cute with the ball at your feet.
    Thank God those goals were offside. This team so easily will shoot itself in the foot sometimes.

Kinnear,...dude I love you but you gotta pull Ibra sooner than that. I get it our bench is a joke because we are wasting money on overpaid players who suck, but please don't risk us losing our REAL DP to a 2nd yellow or worse an injury when we need him most okay.

Backline,...please stay focused all game. You guys have been playing great so keep it up and stop letting the easy ones get by.

Otherwise we control our own destiny.
    Time to Ride or Die

TrickHog, MPNumber9, hav77 and 1 other person repped this.
  7. ragbone

ragbone Member+

Sep 2, 2005
    Santo Tomas, Batangas, Philippines.
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Allasandrini's goal was one of the nicest I've ever seen. Superb assist by Zlatan and h it so very artistically by Romain.

8. Bilgediver

Bilgediver Member+

LA Galaxy
    Oct 16, 2013
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You mean JDS.

9. MPNumber9

MPNumber9 Member+

Oct 10, 2010
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Great job, men. Now, time to clinch the playoffs at home in front of the LA faithful.

TrickHog, skydog and The Beautiful Gamer repped this.
  10. salvikicks

salvikicks Member+

Mar 6, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    some of the best flow I've seen with the offense in some time.

El Futbolisimo repped this.
  11. The Beautiful Gamer

The Beautiful Gamer BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 26, 2008
    Minneapolis, MN
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Highlight Time Folks

12. WarGalaxy

WarGalaxy Member+

May 29, 2011
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yep, the ratings look very accurate to me as well. Boateng was by far our least affective field player today. Defenses are conceding space and possession to Boateng because they know nothing will come of it typically.

Certainly a position we can upgrade.

13. Beep Boop Robot

Mar 11, 2015
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Boateng is almost never effective on the right. I'm guessing the coaching staff saw something they thought Alessendrini could exploit on the left side hence why Boateng was on the right.

I thought Lleget played his best game since his injury almost 2 years ago. I'm glad to see he's getting his confidence back. Him and Jona are starting to form a strong partnership.

14. skydog

skydog Member+

Aug 1, 1999
    Durham, NC
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Yep - oops. I don't even want to think about GDS returning to the lineup.

15. salvikicks

salvikicks Member+

Mar 6, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Can we have Alvarez start where Boateng started today for the last game?

Or would that be asking too much

shelbo repped this.
  16. WarGalaxy

WarGalaxy Member+

May 29, 2011
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I believe he plays more as a forward/ second striker role. I don’t think he’s ready to play the type of defense needed on the wing.

barroldinho, skydog and Beep Boop Robot repped this.
  17. Beep Boop Robot

Mar 11, 2015
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    I don't think Alvarez should be starting, but he should definitely be a bench option to replace Kamara/Zlatan.

L.A. Native repped this.
  18. El Futbolisimo

El Futbolisimo Member+

Sep 28, 1999
    Nice game. The first ten minutes had me flashing back to Sigi ball but they calmed down and proceeded to to the job. Glad they kept Ibra on. I dont want that guy on the bench for any reason. What he brings to the field with his play, energy and presence leaves with him when he leaves the field and Galaxy need that. The Loons have some interesting pieces and at times can come together to be dangerous. That Angelo and Quintero did not synch along with the Ibarra guy but they looked like they were about to at times.

All this to say, next week... EXACTLY the same lineup! and yeah, I puckered every time Ibra went down.

19. TrickHog

TrickHog Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Had a long day at work. And stayed off all social media and BS. And then had a very pleasant evening watching the Galaxy win while RSL lost.

:)

And now on to our next playoff game!

20. WarGalaxy

WarGalaxy Member+

May 29, 2011
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Everyone focuses on the number 37, when it comes to Cole. However he has 9 assists this season. By far the most assists by any defender in the league this season.

Since Sigi’s dismissal and we switched back to four in the back, I think he’s been the best LB in the league during this span.

73Bruin, El Futbolisimo and mbar repped this.
  21. TrickHog

TrickHog Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I might be wrong, but I think with 32 goals+assists zLAtan is one away from tying the Galaxy record for g+a in a season, set by Robbie Keane in 2014 (19 and 14). He’s also 2 goals shy of tying Ruiz for single season scoring record.

With one huge game to go....

22. Beakmon FC

Beakmon FC Member+

LA Galaxy
    United States
    Jan 10, 2002
    The OC
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I shouldn't have been so nervous with a two-goal lead, but our D sucks. Then, I saw The Norwegian Typo getting ready to sub in, and I had to step outside.

23. TrickHog

TrickHog Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    napper, hav77 and Geneva repped this.
  24. TrickHog

TrickHog Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    In addition to benching the Bermuda Triangle of Defense, Kinnear’s sticking with the 4-4-2 is paying off. Both fullbacks had assists in this game....

shelbo, hav77, WarGalaxy and 1 other person repped this.
  25. El Futbolisimo

El Futbolisimo Member+

Sep 28, 1999
    You are right about Cole. I chalk it up to well-meaning fan banter. I have these conversation at watching parties. People want Cole gone for this, that and the other reason. Bingham sucks. Boa is fast but one dimensional and why can't he stay on his feet. Lletget is not the same player he was prior to the Nats call-up and his injury. Romain is not as good as last year. Ibra is good but he needs to try harder etc, etc. I have been listening and joining in since Jorge Campos was too short to be a good goaly rants to Cienfuegos should shoot more and pass less to Carlos Ruiz flopping around too much and so forth. Its part of the fun of fandom. Everybody has an opinion.

shelbo, 73Bruin and TrickHog repped this.