P/I/P Game 32: L.A. Galaxy @ SKC, SATURDAY 10/6/18, 5:30pm PT

Discussion in 'LA Galaxy' started by L.A. Native, Sep 30, 2018.

1. skydog

skydog Member+

Aug 1, 1999
    Durham, NC
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    I agree that SKC was relentless the 2nd half and several of our players were worn out from all of the running in those sloggy conditions. And I was impressed with how Allessandrini and Ema kept fighting through their obvious fatigue; same for Romney and Lletget.

But it was my impression that Z's normal level of effort, competitiveness and usually exquisite skill set were missing from the start of the game. I do remember the occasional selective hard runs you mention but they were few and far between. And as I mentioned I appreciated him making the effort to come back into the box to help us control the airspace in front of the goal when the game was on the line. But the most part he did a lot of ball watching and just seemed out of it, mentally and physically.

As far as the big referee calls - pk and disallowed goal - I think both were about as close to 50/50 calls as you could get. It was fair that each team had one go their way. And as far as the incompetent Marrufo not calling a lot of obvious bad fouls and refusing to protect the players - what's new?

Berks and TrickHog repped this.
  2. skydog

skydog Member+

Aug 1, 1999
    Durham, NC
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    This^^^. Except the too tired part - at the end of basically a playoff game you suck it up and make that run into the box - every time.

shelbo and TrickHog repped this.
  3. El Futbolisimo

El Futbolisimo Member+

Sep 28, 1999
    Great game. I couldn't sit down on this one. Little bit of luck on that PK which i never see any contact on Ola but MPNumber9 broke it down enough I am taking his word on it. Steres goal was definitely offside. I think we did great getting out of there with something. KC is just a machine and even in our late-found performance cannot hold up to a team like that. Especialy when the Chosen One has a slow night. A bad nigh for Ibra is a bad night for everybody as evident saturday. Same as with Rooney and DC. Plus that Russell and his hustle was a heart attack in the making that second half. That bastard was a man on a mission.

Didn't like Steres and Romney being broken up like they were for skelvik. Why screw with a winning formula? Just shove him in there for Sheanon and call it a night Dom. It's bad enough I have to even look at the guy. Looking forward to the Loons. We are going to pluck them and serve them with a side Ibra hat-trick sauce!

4. Berks

Berks Member+

Dec 22, 2010
    NorCal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The fact that we're still alive is amazing. I'll take it.

Also kinda chortled that we gave up a goal after Jorgen came in. Figures. Though it was coming and Bingham was due one of these games (easily MOTM as @TrickHog said).

Keep the same line up and keep going!

P.S. The fact that we had multiple players on the line preventing a goal was a testament to how much this team wants to make the playoffs. That effort was great to see.

5. barroldinho

barroldinho Member+

Man Utd and LA Galaxy
    England
    Aug 13, 2007
    US/UK dual citizen in HB, CA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    It was only available on Direct Kick for me so I was waiting for the 10:30 broadcast.

At 10:15 I get a text "So with this tie, what does that mean for the Galaxy's playoff hopes?".

TrickHog repped this.
  6. skydog

skydog Member+

Aug 1, 1999
    Durham, NC
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    If text was from a company then turn off notifications. Otherwise....
    If from a male -- Is he within driving distance? If so how big/strong?
    If from female -- What book is she reading? Or even better - any tv series she is looking forward to binge watching? ;)

TrickHog repped this.
  7. MPNumber9

MPNumber9 Member+

Oct 10, 2010
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Brutal.

8. MPNumber9

MPNumber9 Member+

Oct 10, 2010
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If someone told you this team would tie SKC at Sporting Children's Merciful Lisbon Sport Park -- after holding them scoreless for 80 minutes -- last month, would you believe it? If this were the playoffs, we'd be set-up to advance on away goals against one of the best teams in the conference.

TrickHog and 73Bruin repped this.
  9. 73Bruin

73Bruin Member+

Jul 12, 2008
    Torrance, California
    I wonder if Zlatan's play had anything to do with a combination of him being on caution accumulation warning (i.e. being suspended if he gets another yellow) and the Galaxy having the lead.

The Beautiful Gamer repped this.
  10. WarGalaxy

WarGalaxy Member+

May 29, 2011
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I would not believe it. With the speed and intensity KC was playing with all game long, with Kitchen, Ciani, and Shelvik, we would have wilted for at least five goals in that game.

skydog and TrickHog repped this.
  11. TrickHog

TrickHog Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Remind me sometime to tell you the story of going to a wedding during the 2010 World Cup final and trying to avoid hearing the result so I could watch it when I got home....

12. barroldinho

barroldinho Member+

Man Utd and LA Galaxy
    England
    Aug 13, 2007
    US/UK dual citizen in HB, CA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I can just picture the scene.

The minister gets to the bit about "forever hold your peace"... the barely audible buzz of a vibrating cellphone... TrickHog screaming "SON OF A BI....!!!!"

EDIT: When one of my many cousins got married, the grooms brother stood up at that point as a joke, then immediately sat down again.

MPNumber9 and TrickHog repped this.
  13. FlapJack

FlapJack Member+

Mar 3, 2006
    Los Angeles
    I thought I saw a statistic somewhere for wins vs. playoff position teams (or something similar) and the Galaxy was actually pretty solid. It may be our record against the non playoff teams that sinks us this season.

barroldinho, TrickHog and skydog repped this.
  14. napper

napper Member+

Jan 14, 2014
    Fullerton
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ibra’s passing was poor all night. And, he didn’t even try at the end. That was disappointing.

Poor Shannon got beat up in his first real game.

Russell killed us last time, no?

skydog, WarGalaxy and TrickHog repped this.
  15. The Beautiful Gamer

The Beautiful Gamer BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 26, 2008
    Minneapolis, MN
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Highlight Time Folks

I think Ibra is getting tired. We need him to be able to at least gut out 90 for the rest of this season to even have a chance at the playoffs but it sucks that we don't have a 3rd striker who could reliably give him a break at minute 65 here and there.

Thanks for sucking up the 3rd DP slot Giovanni!!:mad::mad::mad:

TrickHog repped this.
  16. WarGalaxy

WarGalaxy Member+

May 29, 2011
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah Russell was great against us in our first meeting with SKC. He's like a slightly lesser version of Alessandrini; and just a TAM player too.

He'd actually be pretty amazing on our team playing opposite Alessandrini on the wing. Too bad our FO used the majority of our TAM budget on Kitchen, Ciani, and Shelvik this year.