P/I/P Game 31: L.A. Galaxy @ Houston, WEDNESDAY 9/27/17, 5:30pm PT

Discussion in 'LA Galaxy' started by L.A. Native, Sep 25, 2017.

1. Lazy Assed Assassin

Jul 21, 2015
    Hahahaha.

TrickHog repped this.
  2. skydog

skydog Member+

Aug 1, 1999
    Durham, NC
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Oh great another overdribbling Dos Santos brother.

3. skydog

skydog Member+

Aug 1, 1999
    Durham, NC
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Zardes playing well at least.
    Except for the header defense.... :(

hav77 and MPNumber9 repped this.
  4. MPNumber9

MPNumber9 Member+

Oct 10, 2010
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Jones avoids red despite doing an M.Bison scissor kick.

The Beautiful Gamer and hav77 repped this.
  5. skydog

skydog Member+

Aug 1, 1999
    Durham, NC
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Ok, Boateng healthy and we didn't use him earlier?

6. L.A. Native

L.A. Native Member+

Aug 1, 2013
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Oh, no my friend. That honor goes to one Steven Gerrard long ago.

MPNumber9 repped this.
  7. MPNumber9

MPNumber9 Member+

Oct 10, 2010
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Jesus Christ.

Why Boateng so late?

skydog repped this.
  8. skydog

skydog Member+

Aug 1, 1999
    Durham, NC
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    I hope this is Diops last tryout.

The Beautiful Gamer and FlapJack repped this.
  9. Dawdler

Dawdler Member+

Apr 2, 2005
    Los Angeles,CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  10. MPNumber9

MPNumber9 Member+

Oct 10, 2010
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Bummed but...progress?

11. FlapJack

FlapJack Member+

Mar 3, 2006
    Los Angeles
    What if this is as good as it gets with this group? :(

12. skydog

skydog Member+

Aug 1, 1999
    Durham, NC
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Not really. Up two goals (one a Houston own goal) at minute 83 against a team that has about given up, have easy possession under no pressure and then clusterfuxx self into giving up a pk and then another goal. Nothing I would call progress.

Also first time I question Sigi's coaching. I know the game doesn't matter season wise but it did matter psychologically but a) he doesn't sub the tired midfield until waaaay too late, and b) why is he trying out Diop? That ship has sailed a long time ago. And he absolutely cost us this win. This should be a Kempin vs Rowe trial as next years backup keeper.

13. skydog

skydog Member+

Aug 1, 1999
    Durham, NC
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    It definitely is. I thought we all knew that by now. This "group" should never have been assembled as an MLS team.

The Cadaver repped this.
  14. L.A. Native

L.A. Native Member+

Aug 1, 2013
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    At least we'll have some different, much needed parts to this group next season. Add Lletget to our attack and bolster CBs and GK... and hopefully a stud #10, we should be contenders...

NewArsenal11 repped this.
  15. TheHoustonHoyaFan

Oct 14, 2011
    Houston
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Fun match but sad to say the team just ran out of gas. It was still > 86 with 76% humidity at the end of the match!

Dr.Phil, MPNumber9 and Geneva repped this.
  16. The Cadaver

The Cadaver It's very quiet here.

Oct 24, 2000
    La Cañada, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    With the posts, the cross-bar, the own goal and the ref's non-call on Diop, we just used up a whole year's worth of luck - to achieve a tie.

In some ways the game was a near-perfect snapshot of the season. All it needed for perfection was a last second cornerkick goal from Dynamo,

17. skydog

skydog Member+

Aug 1, 1999
    Durham, NC
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    You are right that Lletget, cbs and gk are necessary. Also at least one offensive oriented outside back. But even that is not sufficient to make this into a title contending team. This season should make it abundantly clear that to be a truly great team has to have at least one, but preferably two legit (proven) goal scoring forwards. And currently we have zero.

Offensive minded midfielders like Lletget, Gio and Ema need to be considered juicy add-ons to what your primary forward(s) produces. Our FO (and many posters here) didn't get this last offseason - they thought we could win w/o a Keane or Pescadito or a younger Donovan. But we couldn't - no team can. Hopefully our "new regime" won't make that mistake again this year.

But that is a big ask - elite level GK+CB+ 1 or 2 outside backs (Cole is getting old)+defensive midfielder+proven 15+ goal/yr forward. So we need 6 or 7 quality additions to this team. The biggest problem is that it is hard to find great forwards w/o DP money to offer them. But we have to. Really, really do.

TrickHog repped this.
  18. Geneva

Geneva LA for Life

Feb 5, 2003
    Southern Cal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I thought we were dominated by the Dynamo, and got very lucky. That said, there was much quicker movement with the ball and without, as Cobi and Joe said, and that is good to see. A couple of legit goals from our normally quiet offense. Alessandrini on the left is thumbs up - both fullback/outside mid combos did well combining. Depressing to tie that game and the errors from Romney, Diop, Zardes, others...man, they cost us. Overall, not bad from Zardes at his new position.

natfaninla and MPNumber9 repped this.
  19. JPAR

JPAR Member

Aug 21, 2013
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    I am going there....what did JDS do in this game, or any other? Our midfield looks like crap. Both Do Santos need to go....

kaburu and Chupacabra repped this.
  20. MPNumber9

MPNumber9 Member+

Oct 10, 2010
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was going to say before this match -- my one "critique" of Alessandrini is he stays rather wide. This sometimes keeps his RB from getting forward and keeps him isolated from Gio (though in fairness to Romain, Gio's movement is awful). I wonder if he might cut in more on the left.

Geneva repped this.
  21. SupraEA

SupraEA Member

Jun 18, 2008
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I didn't see the game, only the goals. But he did force the turnover and than laid it off nicely to Gio on the BJ4 goal. In the games I have watched, JDS seems to work hard and is a sharp passer

73Bruin, ragbone and Geneva repped this.
  22. Chupacabra

Chupacabra Member+

Aug 2, 2004
    Westwood, NJ
    The Detroit MLS team needs to happen, if only for having a potent threat to motivate pleyers from being sent there when they perform like this team has. Detroit is this world's equivalent of Dante's fifth ring of hell. Them people is livin' in Mad Max times.

We definitely don't need another double Dos of paycheck collectors going through the motions while basking in the California sun.

TOAzer repped this.
  23. TrickHog

TrickHog Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Usually I'm gutted when the team gives up those late goals and loses points. But... 1. It doesn't matter anymore this season. And... 2. I totally expect it now.

Berks, 73Bruin, napper and 3 others repped this.
  24. Skevin

Skevin Member+

Aug 9, 2009
    Colorado
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    The only hope I have for JDS is he came to us not fit, and we are godawful this season, so maybe he needs a preseason to get used to the league and the team?

25. The Cadaver

The Cadaver It's very quiet here.

Oct 24, 2000
    La Cañada, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Why would he need a pre-season to get used to the league. Wasn't he with Rapids last year? And they are almost in the league.