P/I/P Game 30: Seattle @ L.A. Galaxy, SUNDAY 9/23/18, 4pm PT

Discussion in 'LA Galaxy' started by L.A. Native, Sep 15, 2018.

1. napper

napper Member+

Jan 14, 2014
    Fullerton
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Great Game!

So weird to see Dom in post-game.

The Beautiful Gamer repped this.
  2. ProudNatRN

ProudNatRN Member

Los Angeles Galaxy
    Jun 10, 2002
    Norwalk, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's amazing how competent our midfield looked with Lletget and Jonathan at CM. Why did it take so damn long to finally see it on the field? (Thanks Dom!)

Clearly Sigi had lost the team, but also most importantly I think the MLS game passed him by, and his tactics/team-building acumen left a lot to be desired...

Berks, kennytt, LEM-LAG and 7 others repped this.
  3. skydog

skydog Member+

Aug 1, 1999
    Durham, NC
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Not sure about that... Rolf scored no goals, got no assists and only played defense occasionally. Of course we won so doesn’t matter but I think Williams would have been a better 2nd half choice.
    More importantly what are you doing hav? You just dragged our agreement rate down to 99.9%!

kennytt and The Beautiful Gamer repped this.
  4. mbar

mbar Member+

Apr 30, 1999
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So Romney - Steres pairing is all we needed all along.

At least we got an honest effort out there.

Berks, barroldinho, kennytt and 7 others repped this.
  5. TOAzer

TOAzer Member+

The Man With No Club
    May 29, 2016
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    JK as Galaxy manager?.......:coffee:.....................:unsure:..............................

If so, we know that Bizarro World was us all along.......

kennytt repped this.
  6. MPNumber9

MPNumber9 Member+

Oct 10, 2010
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Best LA Galaxy performance I've seen in a looooong time. Not just basic competence and effort, which have been lacking, but actually some craft, creativity and attractive play. Seattle had some key injuries and didn't have their best game, but the level of effort, commitment and organization on defense was better than anything I've seen, maybe with the exception of the LAFC match. Guys were fighting for eachother out there.

Berks, barroldinho, ProudNatRN and 8 others repped this.
  7. mbar

mbar Member+

Apr 30, 1999
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #132 mbar, Sep 23, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2018
    Better not happen. I hate that con man.

Not to get political but (for me) that would be like surviving the trump presidency just to have him become the mayor of my small town. Nightmare.

ragbone, Berks, Geneva and 10 others repped this.
  8. rokstedy

rokstedy Member+

I love commieball
    Apr 20, 2001
    Northwest Orange County
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm glad reading about the win but disturbed about JerK watching the game with Calamity Klein (props to @barroldinho).

TOAzer, Geneva, barroldinho and 3 others repped this.
  9. FlapJack

FlapJack Member+

Mar 3, 2006
    Los Angeles
    OK. So there was that time when Steres had to cover on the counter for walk-about-Feltscher and then we end up having two unmarked players in the box for Seattle on the cross it lead to... but beside that we were fairly sound defensively.
    Nice to see. So are you telling me that Kitchen, Ciani, Skelvjick were part of the problem?

TOAzer, barroldinho, kennytt and 3 others repped this.
  10. FlapJack

FlapJack Member+

Mar 3, 2006
    Los Angeles
    That can't happen. I would seriously have to quit. I'm going to have to get something in writing before I renew season tickets - a JK escape clause.

Berks, patopreto, Geneva and 6 others repped this.
  11. skydog

skydog Member+

Aug 1, 1999
    Durham, NC
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    After tonight’s win fivethirtyeight.com has us as 20% to make the playoffs (up from their 12% pregame odds). So it’s still unlikely, but not impossible. Go Galaxy!

12. WarGalaxy

WarGalaxy Member+

May 29, 2011
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    All along: Romney/Steres > Skjelvik/Ciani
    At only 10% the cost too.

Unless there is injury, no one should be calling for either Kitchen or Carrasco to be starting in CM. This needs to be Jona/Lletget for the rest of the way. We didn't use someone that's classified DM, and the sky didn't fall and we didn't even give up 6 (or any) goals, as a matter of fact.

This was the most complete game that was played all season.

13. hav77

hav77 Member+

May 31, 2010
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    I think we're still on the same page??? Lol

skydog and The Beautiful Gamer repped this.
  14. Dr.Phil

Dr.Phil Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Alessandrini with 2 assists

Berks, barroldinho, kennytt and 2 others repped this.
  15. TrickHog

TrickHog Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, what do you know. At least for one game, Dom got it all right.

And my MOTM is Romney. He had two bad plays but otherwise kept an organized and disciplined backline that got us a clean sheet for the first time in forever.

16. JPAR

JPAR Member

Aug 21, 2013
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    So much fun to watch us win! I'll go against the grain and say I thought Rolf had a good game. He knows how to keep possession and he makes smart passes. He was an outlet for us all night.

Finally we played organised with 10 men behind the ball - how hard can that be with Ibra on the team?

Better not hire Klinsmann! Anybody but him!

kennytt and TrickHog repped this.
  17. Dawdler

Dawdler Member+

Apr 2, 2005
    Los Angeles,CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    for those that missed this amazing little girl and her rendition of the Star Spangled Banner.

after today's, 3-0 win she needs to sing the Star Spangled Banner at every Galaxy game from here on out.

Berks, barroldinho, kennytt and 8 others repped this.
  18. Benny Dargle

Benny Dargle Member+

Jul 23, 2008
    LA
    One of the reasons we could play the Lletget-Jona pairing in midfield and we could play a back four lineup without Ciani where our players were generally put in positions where they are most comfortable is that we didn't have Gio. It's also the reason we could play Ema since we didn't need our wide midfielders to be defenders. The entire 3-5-2 with Kitchen as a DM is designed to cover for Gio. Zlatan is the reason we went to a formation that required 2 up top, but the need for two stay-at-home DMs was always Gio.

Berks, The Beautiful Gamer, JPAR and 2 others repped this.
  19. TrickHog

TrickHog Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Heck. I’d start her at centerback for the remaining games before Shskdjdj and Ciani...

20. El Futbolisimo

El Futbolisimo Member+

Sep 28, 1999
    So the Unholy Trinity is sat and, lo and behold, Galaxy looks like a different team. Not that Steres and Romney are even close to being the anwser but the feel of the team is jsut different. A clean sheet? are you kidding me? Bingham must still be wondering the stadium parking lot asking folks if the game really is over. If only these changes were to have been done sooner maybe we wouldn't be in this condition of a day late and dollar short. But whatever, lets see more of these guys. I like it.

Sure, the sounders were all tuckered out but that's their problem. Nobody asked them to go and wear themselves out over a silly streak this close to playoff time and knowing they had a game on wed/sun. They rolled the dice and it's cost them two games straight and now at the peril on no playoffs when they should have played it smart. They chose, unwisely.

21. MPNumber9

MPNumber9 Member+

Oct 10, 2010
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No Jurgen or Jorgen, please. Jeff Carlisle reporting Jurgen not a candidate, but I put nothing past this FO. Jurgen must have Freddy Adu's agent to keep being in this conversations.

The Beautiful Gamer and TrickHog repped this.
  22. TrickHog

TrickHog Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  23. rtdavide

rtdavide Member+

Apr 20, 2005
    Whittier, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well.... thank you Galaxy for a nice afternoon with friends at the game. I had NO expectations of winning and was instead treated to a 3-0 victory, with the highlight being sounders fans at the game thoroughly dejected.

The out-of-town first-timers that came to the game got a nice taste of some galaxy stadium atmosphere.... and generally, a good time was had by all.

it was a surprise to see Romney and Steres back there... and I'm not sure (because I'd been on vacation for the last ten days) if there were injury concerns that kept Skjelvig and Ciani out, or if finally someone got the message that a backline combo giving up 17 goals in 4 games is probably not working, and decided to bench them... but we looked for the most part like we weren't a complete defensive shambles out there.

24. Baysider

Baysider Member+

Jul 16, 2004
    Santa Monica
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    I could only watch the first half but there was a noticeable difference in how hard they played. Of course, part of that is the effect of having a new coach and that will probably wear out over time. Still problems on defense but at least Steres and Romney hustle. Cole seemed to stay home more which was good. Feltcher didn't, which was not so good. I expect Williams is Steres quality but he still might be a better option.

The Beautiful Gamer and skydog repped this.
  25. barroldinho

barroldinho Member+

Man Utd and LA Galaxy
    England
    Aug 13, 2007
    US/UK dual citizen in HB, CA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Can somebody clear up a weird phenomenon on the scoreboard yesterday?

Under our logo, there was a '3', which is clearly our number of goals but under the Seattle logo there was this weird circular symbol. It looked a bit like an 'o'.

Does anybody know what that denotes?

Thanks.