P/I/P Game 29: L.A. Galaxy @ Atlanta, WEDNESDAY 9/20/17, 4pm PT

Discussion in 'LA Galaxy' started by L.A. Native, Sep 18, 2017.

1. Geneva

Geneva LA for Life

Feb 5, 2003
    Southern Cal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wow. Last week was terrible, this was worse. Jones has got to go - I hope he never plays for us again. Apparently he doesn't want to play for us. It was like he was very, very anxious to exit the field, after he just got back from a suspension. Good riddance. I never wanted him. Sometimes I'm right, sometimes wrong, but this time right. The guy is a cancer. Why is he captain?

Ciani. How many center backs get to debut with a new team and give up 2 4-0 routs in a row? He is invisible a lot of the time, and terrible a lot of the time. I think I saw one good play. Almiron is fast, but c'mon, he smoked past Ciani like he was standing still. Steres and Romney are both much better, at least on current form.

The team looked good for about 8 minutes. Then Gyasi makes a terrible pass, and everyone else on the team gets beat. We have very little offense, but we have absolutely no defense. It is appalling.

I watched the whole thing, out of curiosity about how bad it would get. Also I enjoy Ale Moreno. Moreno has faith in Sigi and Dom. I really, really hope he's right that they can rebuild.

We need some athletes, and some soccer players. Every guy out there was exposed and his flaws magnified. We made an expansion team look like gold. We took our last season before LAFC arrives and flushed it down the sewer system. I am appalled that this was allowed to happen. We saw it happening, it was predictable, but it has gotten really much, much worse than I imagined it could.

Honestly, there is not one guy on this team whom I would miss. Not one. Start it all over. This team is Chivas USA.

2. rtdavide

rtdavide Member+

Apr 20, 2005
    Whittier, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    tonight's result solidifies the current team as the worst ever galaxy team. even the 2008 suck got 33 points over 30 games. we have 34 games and I'm not sure we can win another one. this season can't be over fast enough.
    I had previously said I'd watch the games no matter what, but after this evening's display, I'm not sure I can stomach it.

3. 7E23

7E23 Member+

Jul 7, 2008
    Long Beach
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As Geneva pointed out:

Kevin Baxter
    #LAGalaxy 2017: 27 pts, 7-16-6, 56 goals allowed. 2014 Chivas USA 33 pts, 9-19-6, 61 goals allowed

We're on track to be worse than Chivas USA

Berks, LEM-LAG, hav77 and 4 others repped this.
  4. The Cadaver

The Cadaver It's very quiet here.

Oct 24, 2000
    La Cañada, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So we beat them at everything, even being crappy.

5. TrickHog

TrickHog Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I would bench Jones for the 4 games he'll be eligible to play in. I would also bench Gio and Zardes next game and start two of the young'uns. I really don't care what we do on defense because we need an entirely new one next season....

6. Dr.Phil

Dr.Phil Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Agreed, we are already losing and losing bad. Send a message to these over paid stars who have no leadership. Let the scrubs play for their jobs

7. MPNumber9

MPNumber9 Member+

Oct 10, 2010
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Awful. My wife saved about an hour of my life by forgetting to hit record on the DVR, so I only saw the 60th minute on. So basically, right when I tuned in Galaxy were down 4 goals and playing with 10. Sooooo...typical Galaxy game this season.

The Beautiful Gamer, TrickHog and shelbo repped this.
  8. TrickHog

TrickHog Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Your wife is wise....

The Beautiful Gamer repped this.
  9. soft tattooed millionaire

LA Galaxy
    United States
    Sep 11, 2017
    If this is how this team "Plays for Pride", I say let the Pride Ride... the Bench and bring up Los Dos and give them a view at what .... ohh what am i saying....? Never mind....

10. hav77

hav77 Member+

May 31, 2010
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    As LAA once stated, I think Onalfo's reign with G2 has likely ruined this generation of players, at least for the attacking positions. Likely need to look at the next generation.

11. TrickHog

TrickHog Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    First thing we need to do is to fire and replace the door responsible for the "closed-door meeting" the team had after Saturday's lost. Because it didn't do a damn thing to help.....

12. silicus

silicus Member

LA Galaxy
    United States
    Feb 26, 2008
    Silicon Valley, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well that was a brutal, humiliating game. I didn't run into one other LA Galaxy fan at the stadium. Perhaps some away supporters made it to an away section. Beautiful stadium though. $2 hot dogs. All you can drink soda. Booze is cheaper than StubHub. So you have all that at least. Oh and we shut them out in the 2nd half!

I noticed Gyasi get real PO'd at Jermaine Jones and JJ started shouting back at him. This was after Goal #3. I have never seen Gyasi pissed. He is almost always smiling. Anyone know what happened there? Perhaps arguing over getting back on D?

Let's completely rebuild this team from the bottom up but let Sigi and Dom try to do it over the next 3 seasons. No one should be safe.

13. silicus

silicus Member

LA Galaxy
    United States
    Feb 26, 2008
    Silicon Valley, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    At least that 2008 Team was fun to watch. They may have given up a crapload of goals but they also scored a ton! Landon with 20 goals, Edson with 15.

They also almost made the playoffs but had some bad calls in a loss in Chicago in the final game.

Berks, LEM-LAG, StillKickin and 5 others repped this.
  14. TheHoustonHoyaFan

Oct 14, 2011
    Houston
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Early in the first 10 minutes of the match when LA was dominating Jones dropped a dime over the top to Gyasi that most competent MSL strikers would have finished. I am sure that Gyasi got an earful from Jones and Alessandrini. That is when it all started.

(see 0:22 of highlights)
    https://www.lagalaxy.com/post/2017/...nta-united-fc-september-20-2017?autoplay=true

Dr.Phil and silicus repped this.
  15. The Beautiful Gamer

The Beautiful Gamer BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 26, 2008
    Minneapolis, MN
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It was a very good ball but it wasn't perfect as he had to stretch for it before he could reach it. He at least shot it on target before the defense stopped it. Sucks he didn't put more power on it as it probably would have beaten the keeper with more power behind it.

16. JPAR

JPAR Member

Aug 21, 2013
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    But most true forwards would have done much better with that ball. Gyasi is not a striker. He is, at best, a hard-working winger who runs a lot and is good for a handful of goals per year. He is a 'dime a dozen' in MLS and a piece of a puzzle, but not the building block (as the FO stated at the beginning of the season). At his price, he is expendable, depends on how we manage the money going forward.

skydog repped this.
  17. wcmanes

wcmanes Member

May 28, 1999
    Riverside, Ca, USA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    BUT... He's a local boy made good, a community hero and an all around great person which all adds up to making him a marketing dream.

JPAR repped this.
  18. The Beautiful Gamer

The Beautiful Gamer BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 26, 2008
    Minneapolis, MN
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't agree. He is a combo player (he can play up top and in midfield) which makes him not as expendable as you think. Such a player is great to have when you need to adjust the formation due to tactics or players becoming missing from injuries, suspensions and international duty, On a team with better players, he makes that team better versus holding it back. What sucks for him is that he is being asked to do what Giovanni Dos Santos is supposed to be doing at the forward spot production wise. He is not a DP but we want/need him to play like one. His price tag is the biggest problem on a team that needs to rebuild; especially when it's defense is so badly depleted it's laughable. Bruce was able to get away with not having to spend crazy money on defense due to our crazy fortunate drafts that gave us Omar Gonzalez, AJ DelaGarza and Sean Franklin. Those guys caused us to be able to getaway with having more mature guys with great experience in the back like Greg Berhalter and Todd Dunivant. The individual brilliance of Omar made up for weak centerback partners in the form of Leonardo, Romeny, Steres and Tommy Meyer. We have really only had 3 solid keepers and all for small periods. I don't know how much it will cost, but unless we can find another CB god like Omar/Van Damme, A solid defensive workhorse Fullback ala Sean Franklin and a Utility Man defender ala AJ DelaGarza for a good price we might have to give up Zardes in the name of there building a championship defense.

MPNumber9, 73Bruin, Berks and 1 other person repped this.