P/I/P Game 25: Seattle Sounders @ LA Galaxy, Sun. 8/9/2015 @ 1pm PDT

Discussion in 'LA Galaxy' started by L.A. Native, Aug 7, 2015.

1. L.A. Native

L.A. Native Member+

Aug 1, 2013
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    [​IMG] vs [​IMG]

Venue: The Hub
    Time: Sunday 1pm
    TV: ESPN, ESPN Deportes

Just realized today, this will be a 1pm start. Forecast is 77 so not too bad. I think its been sold out as its the flounders and will also be Gio's MLS debut. Can't wait to see all our boys on the pitch for the first time together. Let the jelling begin!

Is Rogers the only starter out with injury?

---------Keane---Gio---------
    Sebass---Juni---Stevie---Gyasi
    AJ?----Leo----Omar----Gargan
    ------------Ricketts-------------

:inlove:

2. mbar

mbar Member+

Apr 30, 1999
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Let's destroy them.

3. Dawdler

Dawdler Member+

Apr 2, 2005
    Los Angeles,CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]

The Beautiful Gamer and Baysider repped this.
  4. Ghosting

Ghosting Member+

Aug 20, 2004
    Pendleton, OR
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I actually came into this thread just to post this.

Maybe I spend too much time on BS. :p

TrickHog and The Beautiful Gamer repped this.
  5. The Beautiful Gamer

The Beautiful Gamer BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 26, 2008
    Minneapolis, MN
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  6. LEM-LAG

LEM-LAG Member+

May 28, 2011
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Seattle will be without Alonso and their two new signings (Valdez and Ivanshitz). Martins is questionable too. Good news for us.

Berks and 100fyers repped this.
  7. socluis90

socluis90 Member+

Aug 11, 2004
    So Cal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I want to demolish this team. I want this to be their rock bottom moment of the season. It is a sold out crowd at the Hub lets make it a giant fiesta.

The Cadaver, Berks, rokstedy and 5 others repped this.
  8. Lazy Assed Assassin

Jul 21, 2015
    We do have a habit of demolishing them at least once a season. Sunday is as good a day as any.

Berks and 100fyers repped this.
  9. LorneMarvello

LorneMarvello Member+

Jul 1, 2014
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    The Kings of MLS v The Hipsters!

Use them like a Humping Post!

TrickHog repped this.
  10. 100fyers

100fyers Member+

Aug 30, 2010
    SoCal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This enemy deserves NO MERCY!

The Beautiful Gamer, napper and esco300 repped this.
  11. skydog

skydog Member+

Aug 1, 1999
    Durham, NC
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    This game - like the rest of our home games - is a must win. Because we only have 5 home games left, plus (gulp) 5 games on the road.

The home games we should win. We face a weakened SEA followed by NYC, MTL, DAL, and POR. Dallas should be the toughest out of that group so I'm going to predict we earn 11 - 15 points from those 5 games. That will put us at 48-52 pts for the season, just on the edge of what is historically needed to be in 6th and final place to make the playoffs.

So the real key will be how we do away from home where we have sucked all season, going 1-6-5 and earning a measley 8 out of a possible 36 points so far. But our remaining away schedule is tough - DAL, SJE, RSL, SEA, and SKC. So we will be facing a road gauntlet of either top teams (DAL and SKC, currently 1st and 3rd in ppg) or teams fighting for their playoff lives in front of their home crowds (SJE, RSL, and SEA). All of these games should be real battles.

So the million dollar question (actually several million dollar question) is whether our rebuilt team, with the addition of Gio, the emergence of Lletget, the return of Omar and Zardes, and the unfortunate subtraction of Penedo will be able to actually beat good teams on the road? That remains to be seen.

So just sayin' - we absolutely have to win our home games, starting tomorrow by crushing the Flounders!

12. Berks

Berks Member+

Dec 22, 2010
    NorCal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ^Someone did a check of strength of remaining schedule for all teams on MLS.com and we were third. Ugh. Toronto was last.

13. Beep Boop Robot

Mar 11, 2015
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Hopefully our away form will improve now that we got our first win. The biggest issue I see in our remaining away games, is none of those teams, minus Seattle, will have to worry about any international absences. We'll have at least 5 players heading out for Intenrational duty. SKC should have to worry, but Jurgen gonna Jurgen.

14. Ghosting

Ghosting Member+

Aug 20, 2004
    Pendleton, OR
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I fully expect Seattle to come out in this match and kick the crap out of our guys. They are going to bey keyed up and angry. They are going to feel like the need to beat us up to have any chance at a result. I hope our guys (especially our new guys) are ready for that.

15. pastor

pastor Member+

Jul 1, 2009
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Rogers was on the bench Thursday. I imagine he will play. Hopefully he sides up with AJ.

I think it will be 2-0 for the lads. Play Gio up top with Keane since he cannot be completely game fit.

L.A. Native repped this.
  16. MPNumber9

MPNumber9 Member+

Oct 10, 2010
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This should be an insane match and I'm a bit bummed I can't be there. I was impressed by the number of folks that came out on a weekday to see Gio play 30 minutes, so I expect it to be absolutely insane tomorrow. Whatever qualms I've had with Mexico fans in the past, I hope they bring their most fetid vitriol for the Green Slimers tomorrow. I'd like for this to be the sort of demoralizing beatdown that makes Seattle a non-factor for the rest of the season.

17. Grumpy in LA

Grumpy in LA Bringing It Since 1807™

Sep 10, 2007
    Chicago
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I want to demolish this team and for this to be their rock bottom moment. I want them to wallow in despair and misery. I want them to plummet to the bottom of the Western Conference table. And then I want them to pull themselves back together, get into the playoffs, and make it to the conference championship. And then I want to beat them 8-0. With a hat trick from Alan Gordon and an own goal off Dempsey's groin.

18. Lazy Assed Assassin

Jul 21, 2015
    I actually like beating Seattle in ways their "hardcore soccer" fans don't understand. Winning on away goals last year and seeing/hearing how many people in the stands didn't get their season was done was sublime.

19. The Cadaver

The Cadaver It's very quiet here.

Oct 24, 2000
    La Cañada, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And, no, we will not refund their ticket prices.

patopreto, rokstedy and 100fyers repped this.
  20. 100fyers

100fyers Member+

Aug 30, 2010
    SoCal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Maybe we can give them 2 for 1 coupons for those places with the green cross across the city on their way back home?

The Cadaver repped this.
  21. socluis90

socluis90 Member+

Aug 11, 2004
    So Cal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I still think its hilarious that we whooped them so bad at their home that over 40k fans got a refund hahaha! That is unheard of. They must really hate us.

Beirut and WarGalaxy repped this.
  22. Lazy Assed Assassin

Jul 21, 2015
    No Oba, no Alonso really no excuses for LA. They're a cornered animal which is dangerous, but anything less than 3 points is unacceptable.

The Beautiful Gamer repped this.
  23. Berks

Berks Member+

Dec 22, 2010
    NorCal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States