P/I/P Game 11: L.A. Galaxy @ MNUFC, SUNDAY 5/21/17, 2pm PT

Discussion in 'LA Galaxy' started by L.A. Native, May 16, 2017.

1. L.A. Native

L.A. Native Member+

Aug 1, 2013
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    [​IMG]
    TV: ESPN, MLS Live, ESPN Deportes

Inaugural match vs the Loons. We beat NYRB on the road. Shouldn't we roll past these guys? In Curt we... trust?​

TrickHog repped this.
  2. wcmanes

wcmanes Member

May 28, 1999
    Riverside, Ca, USA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hold our breath and pray

Skevin, 7E23, TrickHog and 1 other person repped this.
  3. Lazy Assed Assassin

Jul 21, 2015
    Win. Lose. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

You know I was wrong, the ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ tweet by the Galaxy Social Media team is the gift that keeps on giving.

Berks, WarGalaxy, rokstedy and 6 others repped this.
  4. TrickHog

TrickHog Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I hope we win.

5. skydog

skydog Member+

Aug 1, 1999
    Durham, NC
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Me and Curt right now:
    Well he has been doing well for a little while now; he is on his best behavior. He had a little success and he says the problems have been worked out and we have a bright future.

But can I ever again really trust a guy who has let me and the kids down so many times?

And why did I get involved with him in the first place? He had a terrible history of getting fired and looks like a sweaty car salesman. I must have been desperate.

Oh well, the past is the past. Next play and Coach K says. So what to do now? Well for the kids sake maybe we just let this play out and see how long he can keep it together. Deep inside I know he'll fxxx up again, it's just in his nature. But until then I think the best plan is just stick with him and pretend that all is good in the world. The kids will appreciate that.

And I can always get a divorce later.

6. shurikt

shurikt Member

Aug 4, 2004
    Las Vegas, NV
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You better leave him before he comes home late one night with a trunk full of Herbalife.

skydog, shelbo and TrickHog repped this.
  7. rtdavide

rtdavide Member+

Apr 20, 2005
    Whittier, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    MinU has been better in the last weeks. And given where we've been ourselves, it's hard to see this game as any kind of sure points.
    I was frustrated at the lack of possession for the majority of the game, and given that I, like many of us here, have memories of dominance by the Galaxy, I hate to see us looking like that. I'm not as tactically aware as many others, and it's possible that the team played this way tactically and not from just being overmatched, but I still would feel a lot better if we looked like we could actually control the game a little more.

8. shurikt

shurikt Member

Aug 4, 2004
    Las Vegas, NV
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  9. Benny Dargle

Benny Dargle Member+

Jul 23, 2008
    LA
    Actually, it looked like a typical Arena road game from a tactics-standpoint. Keep your shape defensively with plenty of people back and spring the counter-attack. With our speed and NYRB's strategy of playing the high press, this made some sense.

MPNumber9 repped this.
  10. skydog

skydog Member+

Aug 1, 1999
    Durham, NC
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    So we just need to finish 10-10-4 or 9-8-7 to get a 50/50 chance of making the playoffs! Should be a piece of cake - we are already on a one game winning streak!

shelbo and The Cadaver repped this.
  11. The Cadaver

The Cadaver It's very quiet here.

Oct 24, 2000
    La Cañada, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    MLS just sent out their match preview. One small problem: they are showing Diallo as starting. Red card?

12. skydog

skydog Member+

Aug 1, 1999
    Durham, NC
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Disciplinary committee probably rescinded it. They realized the last foul couldn't be intentional - no sane player already sitting on a yellow would be dumb enough to commit another yellow card foul in stoppage time while sitting on a 3-0 lead.

Berks, mbar, WarGalaxy and 10 others repped this.
  13. The Cadaver

The Cadaver It's very quiet here.

Oct 24, 2000
    La Cañada, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah. I must have missed that.

14. MPNumber9

MPNumber9 Member+

Oct 10, 2010
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Apparently Zardes graduated college this week. (Congrats, Gyasinho!) Should be a huge relief; hopefully it impacts his form.

Berks and TrickHog repped this.
  15. The Beautiful Gamer

The Beautiful Gamer BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 26, 2008
    Minneapolis, MN
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Welcome to my neck of the woods my G's. I wish I was better prepared. I would have loved to see the team in person. Sorry bout the rain boys. Out of my hands lol.

TrickHog repped this.
  16. TheHoustonHoyaFan

Oct 14, 2011
    Houston
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It will be interesting to see how Curt sets up the team vs the Loons. In the matches before the win at NYRB, Curt used a very aggressive high press/high line scheme trying to dictate the tempo and action. This LA team is not really suited to that style.

Against NYRB, Curt switched to a more passive counter attacking setup which kept the team's shape compact while still using a fairly high line of confrontation. He also kept Pedro/Husidic very tight in a double #6/empty bucket scheme which solidified the compact shape. That was the perfect plan against an (overly0 agressive pressing NYRB squad. LA had only 32% of the possession but won the match due to Romain's moments of brilliance.

Does he loosen up the scheme, play with Pedro more as a #8 and risk getting sliced apart by MUFC's short passing attack? Does he setup the squad as he did v NYRB, keep the Loons in the match, and risk a loss to Molina/Ramirez's moments of brilliance?

17. napper

napper Member+

Jan 14, 2014
    Fullerton
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We started aggressive and pressing against NY. I imagine we do the same today. But, Curt may want to protect Smitty a bit more now.

Go Galaxy!

18. wcmanes

wcmanes Member

May 28, 1999
    Riverside, Ca, USA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This galaxy team has to press like that to have any chance. We can't sit back and posses the ball effectively. Our back 4 and deep lying mids make toooooo many bad mistakes.

19. TheHoustonHoyaFan

Oct 14, 2011
    Houston
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    With Romney starting at RB looks like another compact counter attacking scheme:

TrickHog repped this.
  20. 100fyers

100fyers Member+

Aug 30, 2010
    SoCal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well now that the European boring season is over lets get down to business, I still want Curt sacked but thank god we still have a chance at the title! Playoffs are the best in my opinion and even though we suck at the moment we can still aspire to be champions unlike 90% of league clubs in Europe.

napper repped this.
  21. skydog

skydog Member+

Aug 1, 1999
    Durham, NC
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Could the visuals be any more bland? Don't teams have to wear contrasting colors? Plus ugly ass pitch.
    And why grey? Borrrrring.

MPNumber9 and 100fyers repped this.
  22. 100fyers

100fyers Member+

Aug 30, 2010
    SoCal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Why are we wearing home colors? This sucks clubs around the world at times wear some different and sometimes refreshing new kits, we get stuck with the same kit two years in a row!

23. Baysider

Baysider Member+

Jul 16, 2004
    Santa Monica
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    That does not look good at all.

24. 100fyers

100fyers Member+

Aug 30, 2010
    SoCal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Baggio down Baggio down!!!

25. skydog

skydog Member+

Aug 1, 1999
    Durham, NC
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Last visual bitch- watching ESPNHD on Directv and pic looks low def.
    And now Husidic out.