P/I/P Game 10: L.A. Galaxy @ NYRB, SATURDAY 5/4/19, 11am PT

Discussion in 'LA Galaxy' started by L.A. Native, Apr 30, 2019.

1. L.A. Native

L.A. Native Member+

Aug 1, 2013
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    [​IMG]

Saturday 5/4/19 - *11am*
    TV: ESPN​

2. mbar

mbar Member+

Apr 30, 1999
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We will bring Red Bull’s their first good crowd of the year. Hopefully that inspires us and puts pressure on some of them. They seem like a team a bit out of sorts at the moment. BWP missed last game, not sure if fit this weekend.

They miss Tyler Adams....but who wouldn’t?

TrickHog and Beakmon FC repped this.
  3. TrickHog

TrickHog Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Losing Adams was a big blow to that team. And as much as I like Chris Armas (props to an original G!) on a personal level, it remains to be seen if he can cut it as a coach at the top level. So NYRB are definitely a team that should be vulnerable to our current form.

mbar repped this.
  4. Skevin

Skevin Member+

Aug 9, 2009
    Colorado
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Damn that's early. Mimosa time I guess!

napper and MPNumber9 repped this.
  5. El Futbolisimo

El Futbolisimo Member+

Sep 28, 1999
    Dont want jinx this game but Red Bulls should be easy peasy. I think they wallow in the dark at 8th place in the weak East? This only by virtue of their second hard win against newbie Cincy at their NY homefield this past weekend by a score of 1-0. Wright Phillips didnt even play. W-P doesn't have two goals to rub together so far this season. An amber alert has been issued for his game. Point is, just last Friday Red Bulls sat at the very bottom of the East. It looks like Armas cannot implement whatever it is he is pimping over there. I believe Chris will be the first coach head to roll this year unless there is a serious change of results similar to San Jose. And dig this: if the Fire hold the Goats to a tie, or even better, beat the fur off the Goats and we beat NYRB... GALAXY become the top team in the land and parts of Canada. It's only a quarter way through the season sport fans... CAN YOU DIG IT?!?

MPNumber9 repped this.
  6. Robert Borden

Robert Borden Member+

Chelsea
    Canada
    Apr 19, 2017
    Toronto, Ontario
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Canada has it's own league now

7. Beep Boop Robot

Mar 11, 2015
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Just realized I’ll be in NY for this game. I wonder how much convincing I’ll have to do to get my wife to go to this game.

hav77, TrickHog and Dr.Phil repped this.
  8. skydog

skydog Member+

Aug 1, 1999
    Durham, NC
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    And of course in the more fair measure - ppg - we are already #1 in the land. :)

We should enjoy this - because the schedule is starting to toughen up. Hopefully, with the help our new young outside backs, it will be a sunny month of May.

El Futbolisimo and TrickHog repped this.
  9. JPAR

JPAR Member

Aug 21, 2013
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    I wouldn't count on Chicago to beat anyone right now.... but we can always hope.

TrickHog repped this.
  10. Dr.Phil

Dr.Phil Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Its a nice stadium and you can take the the PATH to Harrison. I think it was like a 2 block walk from there.

11. El Futbolisimo

El Futbolisimo Member+

Sep 28, 1999
    Yes, I read last year that was in the works. Are you saying it is up and running now? If so, congratulations! Anything that toughens the region, diversifies and makes it more competitive I am in support of.

12. El Futbolisimo

El Futbolisimo Member+

Sep 28, 1999
    Good luck with the convincing unless she is a soccer fan. But please be careful. Its a big city and people have been known to get lost for a few hours...

TrickHog repped this.
  13. The Cadaver

The Cadaver It's very quiet here.

Oct 24, 2000
    La Cañada, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I wonder if the need to have a good crowd there (read Ibra) will play into the disco re the locker room event? Color me cynical.

TrickHog repped this.
  14. TrickHog

TrickHog Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've heard that sometimes there is an approximately 2 hour wait to change PATH busses in and around Harrison....

El Futbolisimo repped this.
  15. Robert Borden

Robert Borden Member+

Chelsea
    Canada
    Apr 19, 2017
    Toronto, Ontario
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Yes it is running now since Saturday, thanks for the support!

El Futbolisimo and TrickHog repped this.
  16. 73Bruin

73Bruin Member+

Jul 12, 2008
    Torrance, California
    IIRC from our last trip to NYC the PATH train stops at Harrison right before it gets to Newark Penn Station. Its a 2 or 3 block walk to the Arena. No need for a bus.

17. Beep Boop Robot

Mar 11, 2015
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    She’s not really a soccer fan, but she enjoys going to the games. We land at 6:30am the same day as the game. That’s going to be the challenge in convincing her.

El Futbolisimo, TrickHog and Dr.Phil repped this.
  18. El Futbolisimo

El Futbolisimo Member+

Sep 28, 1999
    I am enjoying the hell out of this. I would even dare say we are also toughening up. Goal, defense and mid looks good. That little play between Corona, Pontious and Antuna suggests we are not a one-trick pony or at least trying really hard to expand our offensive abilities. Not that the pony should be abandoned for when nothing else is working we need to mount and whoop that trick. Gotta stay away from injuries as poor Romain would say. You see what a triage they got going in KC and to a lesser degree in Seattle? Knock wood on that.

hav77 repped this.
  19. Benny Dargle

Benny Dargle Member+

Jul 23, 2008
    LA
    I think we'll see Zlatan rotated out at least one game during this next three game stretch. Sounds like Columbus, which makes sense.

hav77, ProudNatRN, MPNumber9 and 2 others repped this.
  20. TrickHog

TrickHog Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah I don't know if he can handle 6 games in 3 weeks. Resting him for that 5th game might be a good idea. Also a good idea to rotate a couple more players into the side, if we have any available...

Berks and hav77 repped this.
  21. Benny Dargle

Benny Dargle Member+

Jul 23, 2008
    LA
    If Araujo is ready, I've got to believe he starts for Feltscher. Not only was Rolf pretty rusty on Sunday, but it looks like his groin was giving him problems when he came off toward the end of the game.

hav77, 73Bruin and skydog repped this.
  22. Skevin

Skevin Member+

Aug 9, 2009
    Colorado
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    Can't believe Gonzalez still isn't starting for us or even being discussed as a starter. Steres is doing well.

Berks, hav77 and skydog repped this.
  23. skydog

skydog Member+

Aug 1, 1999
    Durham, NC
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    I hope Steres's solid performances are the issue rather than something going on with Gonzalez (lingering injuries, practice performance, etc.).

Berks and hav77 repped this.
  24. El Futbolisimo

El Futbolisimo Member+

Sep 28, 1999
    This: "With the MLS primary transfer window closing soon, an Argentine report claims that the LA Galaxyare lining up a loan deal to bolster their attack.

Journalist German Garcia Grova has linked the five-time MLS champions to Favio Alvarez, a 26-year-old currently at Atletico Tucuman in Argentina's top flight, reporting that Alvarez will travel to Los Angeles on Friday hoping to clinch a year-long loan deal with an option to buy. "

FlapJack, hav77 and WarGalaxy repped this.
  25. El Futbolisimo

El Futbolisimo Member+

Sep 28, 1999
    Transaction date: 5/2/2019
    LA receive: $325,000 in Targeted Allocation Money
    MIN receive: $225,000 in General Allocation Money

WarGalaxy repped this.