P/I/P - COL v CLB Sat. June 3, 2017 7PM

Discussion in 'Colorado Rapids' started by Totoro, Jun 2, 2017.

1. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Right, but he can't be put into a team's Hall of Fame in Miami or Tampa since those teams don't exist anymore. So we do it but we do it while highlighting his play for those two teams (and us).

2. Quinn 33

Quinn 33 Member+

Apr 25, 2003
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Terry Cooke

COMtnGuy repped this.
  3. UxSxAxfooty

UxSxAxfooty Member+

Jan 23, 2003
    Rochester, NY
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Maybe I'm off base and it probably doesn't matter, but I feel like our ratio of Gallery of Honor members to team accomplishments is a little high.

RapidStorm, jayd8888, Bridgeman and 5 others repped this.
  4. Paranoid Coyote

Paranoid Coyote Member+

Oct 21, 2007
    Memphis, TN
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's getting dangerously close to...

[​IMG]

Dom. FC and SccrDon repped this.
  5. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Eh, not seeing it. Loved Cookie but he wasn't one of the all-time greats.

I'd agree. If it were up to me the Gallery would have Balboa, Mastroeni, Casey, and Moor (eventually), with Henderson being a borderline case.

RapidStorm, Rod1916 and SccrDon repped this.
  6. unkiemark

unkiemark Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Boulder
    The Rapids' high pressure was working for much of the first half and it resulted in several solid chances that were close to be converted with Badji involved both times. His control wasn't perfect at first, but he managed to get volley off once and the other time laid the ball off nicely to Gashi.

Having failed to capitalized on these two chances it was painful to see the Rapids concede basically an own goal to go down in the second half. At that point the conversation turned to how it would be impossible for Rapids to get a result of any type as they have no recent history of producing goals under pressure.

So what a wonder it was when they broke through via a smart combination which broke the first line of Columbus' defense. Once Saeid received the ball and was going at the back line it looked like something good would come of it. It was one of the first times this season where the speed-of-play was effective.

The game winner was classic Alan Gordon. The cross allowed him to move back and away from the defender which reduced the chance of him committing a foul by being over aggressive.

• Pablo needs to show the team the video of the first goal over and over again so they get the idea that it's okay to play smart one-twos to break down the defense. Oh, and quick speed-of-play is part of the equation as well.

• Gashi was looking a bit lame before he went to ground with his hamstring injury

• Once again, there was a meeting during an injury in the first half that included Pablo and the back line

• I agree with those who have stated that Saeid is better suited to playing centrally than out wide