PBP: P/I/P - Black Diamond Run #4 - Rapids vs The Burn Sat 3/23 3:55pm

Discussion in 'Colorado Rapids' started by Riccardo55, Mar 20, 2019.

1. Riccardo55

Riccardo55 Member+

Mar 11, 2001
    Denver
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Burn.jpg

The Burn, our official MLS Playoff you-know-what.

Breckenridge, Peak 10, on the north side of the ridge.

R

AlbertCamus, SccrDon and TheWarmBurger repped this.
  2. unkiemark

unkiemark Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Boulder
    1108769527255359488 is not a valid tweet id

COMtnGuy, TheWarmBurger and Andy126 repped this.
  3. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Also no Blomberg of course. No Rubio either as he's with Chile.

fortcollins and COMtnGuy repped this.
  4. Andy126

Andy126 Member

Mar 31, 2017
    Looking forward to seeing Shinyashiki get the start. Assuming we’ll see Basset in for Benny as well and a potential debut of the all white kits.

Hopefully we’re able to turn the corner on this recent run of results. Will be nice to see the more solid and sustained buildup play this year actually lead to a W.

5. unkiemark

unkiemark Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Boulder
  6. rapidogordo

rapidogordo Member

Mar 12, 2016
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Would love to see Andre Shinyashiki and/or Niki Jackson get on for more time.

Both of those guys have amazing energy and always seem to "create" something.

Soaker888 repped this.
  7. fortcollins

fortcollins Member+

St. Louis City SC
    Apr 12, 2006
    Fort Collins
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And one of those absences hurts the team.

Sports Yak repped this.
  8. Soaker888

Soaker888 Member+

Feb 21, 2012
    Denver
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    #8 Soaker888, Mar 21, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2019
    Which one..? :thumbsdown::whistling:

Dallas 1 - 1 Colorado

9. Sports Yak

Sports Yak Member+

Jul 17, 2007
    Lakewood
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    The team really, really needs a win. The only group that could use a win more than the Rapids is their fans. A win would totally change the mood.

Andy126 repped this.
  10. unkiemark

unkiemark Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Boulder
    It sure looks like Bassett is going to start and perhaps Shinyashiki as well - although Jackson could start with Shinyashiki available to give a spark off the bench.

Yes, a win would be nice, but we may be disappointed with the Rapids still in a state of development and getting younger with Rubio and Feilhaber not going this Saturday.

11. TheWarmBurger

TheWarmBurger Member+

Colorado Rapids
    United States
    Aug 7, 2018
    Arizona
    I actually don't mind Feilhaber not getting the go this Saturday. He hasn't really done much to really wow me yet this season, and Dallas is going to be playing some young and hungry midfielders this Saturday with Brian Acosta and Carlos Grueza out on INTL duty. Not to mention Pomykal is already definitely a player to watch. If Dallas' three young mids decide to really go after it, I'm not sure Benny has the pace to really run with those kids for 90 - especially coming off the flu.

I think this will be a good game for Acosta and Basset to play in. Acosta - his first game back in Dallas so we all know he's going to be hungry to "burn" them bad (pun intended), and Basset - he'd be playing against other young talented mids as opposed to experienced gamechangers.

I think Hudson should throw Price in at the 6 as he has good enough pace to cover the back, put Mezquida up at the top of the diamond, and let Acosta and Basset rotate sides as the game dictates.

I'd put Shinyashiki over Jackson as well. I like Jackson as a sub in this game more than Shinyashiki as the sub in the game - because of the what Shinyashiki would bring to the game as a whole. Shinyashiki does better in possession and reads the game pretty well in finding those pockets of space (in what we've seen so far), which is really what Kamara needs to complement him as a second striker.

Jackson coming in around the 70th would be a nice change of pace and energy against the Dallas back line and their backup goalkeeper - Jesse Gonzalez is out on INTL duty as well.

I think this game overall will be a really good measuring stick for the Rapids.

Andy126 and Rod1916 repped this.
  12. Rod1916

Rod1916 Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Colorado
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    To me, this might be the first one I may consider as a measuring stick. 1st game couldn't be due to weather and red card. 2nd game sort of, but Seattle at home would beat up on anyone. 3rd game sort of since KC had many games and are also very good.

So, Dallas, although good, seems to me to be a better potential for us than the first 3. A good showing (tie/win) gives me hope we can compete with the upper-mid tier teams. A poor showing (bad loss) leads me to last year where we looked OK and then tanked like no other.

Rod.

Andy126, Sports Yak and COMtnGuy repped this.
  13. unkiemark

unkiemark Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Boulder

14. ElJefe

ElJefe Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Colorful Colorado
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He was released back to FCD for this match and will be returning to USMNT camp afterward. Not that Jimmy Maurer is a huge step downward.

15. Soaker888

Soaker888 Member+

Feb 21, 2012
    Denver
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Aside from Altitude the game will be on Univision Deportes and Unimas. And perhaps because of this broadcast you can also catch it on FuboTV if you happen to have a subscription.

16. Paranoid Coyote

Paranoid Coyote Member+

Oct 21, 2007
    Memphis, TN
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's not gonorrhea it's the Burn! (clap clap)

And remember kids:
    [​IMG]

Anyone know why it's a :55 start time, instead of on the hour?

17. fortcollins

fortcollins Member+

St. Louis City SC
    Apr 12, 2006
    Fort Collins
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's Texas. Don't try to make sense out of it.

[​IMG]

18. Sports Yak

Sports Yak Member+

Jul 17, 2007
    Lakewood
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    As much as it pains me, I just can't see a Rapids win. Frankly, without Rubio and Feilhaber, I don't see a goal. 2-0 Burn and hoping against hope that it's unreasonable pessimism speaking.

We need Acosta to play a strong game. He has to be a lead actor as opposed to playing a supporting role.

19. Totoro

Totoro Member+

Dec 3, 2009
    Colorado
    Is it a Univision thing?

20. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    1-1 draw, goal by Kamara. I'm not yet ready to predict a win on the road for this team though it wouldn't shock me. I think our defense is not 100% so no shutouts yet but having Smith back will help. Losing Rubio will blunt our attack a bit, this is going to be a game that probably doesn't have a lot of good scoring chances so it will be important to take advantage of the ones we get.

http://view-from-the-couch.blogspot.com/2019/03/its-our-old-friends-fc-dallas.html

Rod1916 and Andy126 repped this.
  21. Andy126

Andy126 Member

Mar 31, 2017
    IMG_8539.JPG

Was very worried Hudson was going to decide to “get creative” with this lineup and outthink the room again.

Thankfully went with the lineup we were all hoping to see.

We’ve cleared Hurdle #1: Hudson’s starting lineup.

22SteveD, Sports Yak and JasonMa repped this.
  22. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Between our lineup and Dallas' over half the players starting the game are 23 years old or younger.

Andy126 repped this.
  23. Andy126

Andy126 Member

Mar 31, 2017
    Watching on DirecTV on Univision and not seeing the normal SAP option. Currently 100% in Spanish. Anyone else having this issue?

24. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I haven't gotten SAP to work on Comcast in about 3 seasons.

Dallas with two very dangerous chances in the first 5 minutes.

Andy126 repped this.
  25. ElJefe

ElJefe Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Colorful Colorado
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I can report that on Channel 50 over the air, the SAP is working.

So yes, I am "enjoying" the English commentary.

Andy126 repped this.