P/I/P Black Diamond run #10, Rapids at Atlanta yet-another-United, Sat 4PM Mtn Time

Discussion in 'Colorado Rapids' started by AlbertCamus, Apr 25, 2019.

1. Centennial

Centennial Member+

Apr 4, 2003
    Centennial
    What will it take to fire Hudson??????

[emoji2959][emoji2959][emoji2959][emoji2959][emoji2959][emoji2959][emoji2959]

Totoro repped this.
  2. fortcollins

fortcollins Member+

St. Louis City SC
    Apr 12, 2006
    Fort Collins
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    On the other hand, the Rapids now are only on pace to surrender 91 goals this season . . .

AlbertCamus repped this.
  3. VFish

VFish Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Always look on the sunny side of the street.

4. kucsdat

kucsdat Member

Jul 12, 2012
    Imagine what the goal differential would be without Kei Kamara

upload_2019-4-27_18-32-34.png

22SteveD and fortcollins repped this.
  5. fortcollins

fortcollins Member+

St. Louis City SC
    Apr 12, 2006
    Fort Collins
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Rapids are now three points to the good in the race for the Wooden Spoon.

The Rapids are on pace to earn eight points this season. Yes, eight.

Sports Yak, 22SteveD and AlbertCamus repped this.
  6. Quinn 33

Quinn 33 Member+

Apr 25, 2003
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hudson can't implement attacking soccer without handing the other team goals by the boatload...and he also can't implement defensive soccer without playing 11 behind the ball and essentially surrendering all possession and creating zero threat on offense.

What more can be said? Every game is just another example of how he can't adapt to this league.

At this point I think being a heroin addict is a more rewarding and enriching experience than being a fan of this team.

7. Sal Paradise

Sal Paradise BigSoccer Supporter

Jan 14, 2009
    Club:
    Jaguares de Chiapas FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yup. It's a choice now between parking the bus and losing every game 1 - 0 or trying to play some offense and losing 4 - 1. Either way, this team is unwatchable.

Maarten van 242 repped this.
  8. Paranoid Coyote

Paranoid Coyote Member+

Oct 21, 2007
    Memphis, TN
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]

:p

9. AlbertCamus

AlbertCamus Member+

Colorado Rapids
    Sep 2, 2005
    Colorado, USA
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Rather they loose 4-1 though, more watchable. Except to RSL, do whatever’s it takes there.

10. AlbertCamus

AlbertCamus Member+

Colorado Rapids
    Sep 2, 2005
    Colorado, USA
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    If they commit to the this defensive strategy and apply themselves, I bet they can get 10 points.

11. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We could win next week and we'd still be in last place in the league. #HudsonOut

12. Totoro

Totoro Member+

Dec 3, 2009
    Colorado
    Worse, they'll probably embarrass themselves in a Rocky Mountain Cup game and remain deep in last place.

JasonMa repped this.
  13. Totoro

Totoro Member+

Dec 3, 2009
    Colorado
    Postgame quotes:

So now the players aren't good enough. You've got a million dollars in centerbacks you brought in and one never plays and the other is part of your 3 goals/game defense.

No, we're well aware how poor this team has been for years. You've taken over a crappy team, been given new players, and somehow you have made them even worse.

SccrDon, Sports Yak, COMtnGuy and 10 others repped this.
  14. Riccardo55

Riccardo55 Member+

Mar 11, 2001
    Denver
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    "The Rapids Way"

15. Centennial

Centennial Member+

Apr 4, 2003
    Centennial
    The only thing I agree with Hudson on is the change to a more Defensive strategy to build from the back but calling that sorry example of a defense organized is why I want Hudson gone. That was a display of disorganization for much of the game. Atlanta should have scored more times but lucky for us, they suck this year.

Yes we need DPs that play other positions than goalie. Using a DP slot for goalie is just stupid unless you are trying to get sponsors. There are some very good goalies in the U.S. but as was mentioned earlier, we should at least play as poorly as last year and slowly build . We should not fall further down the toilet bowl as we are doing at lightning speed.

[emoji2959][emoji2959][emoji2959][emoji2959][emoji2959][emoji2959][emoji2959][emoji2959][emoji2959][emoji2959][emoji2959]

JasonMa repped this.
  16. fortcollins

fortcollins Member+

St. Louis City SC
    Apr 12, 2006
    Fort Collins
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    "I think potentially we’re the only team with one DP who’s in goal and not two or three up front."

Seriously, Hudson? You really want to go there? You really want to throw Howard under the bus by suggesting that his DP contract is why you can't coach a cat out of a bag with a bucket of catnip? You could have Messi and Ronaldo in the Rapids XI and still win the Wooden Spoon in the MLS.

Your back line can't clear the ball. Your back line can't read an attack. Your back line doesn't communicate. Your back line goes on walkabouts and leaves Howard with a wide open attack, unmarked attackers, unmarked overlapping runs, multiple angles of attack, and nobody narrowing the attack. That back line includes inept players that you brought in,that you bragged were solid acquisitions, that you mysteriously think are MLS quality players, and that you insist on playing. Those are coaching failures.

Your midfield can't hold possession. Your midfield is too slow to respond to teams that change field regularly, with effect. Your midfield can't get the ball at the feet of Kamara. Your midfield launches some of the laziest and ugliest crosses every week. Your midfield still hasn't grasped the importance of overlapping runs, opportunistic clean-up goals, finishing point-blank chances, changing field, or avoiding stupid cards. Those are coaching failures.

Your tactics are high school academy or generic college level. You are outcoached every single match. You fail to comprehend opposing players' speed, agility, ability, tactical awareness, or skill with the ball at their feet. You fail to adjust to halftime changes made by opposing sides, and are pathetically slow to realize that those changes have occurred. Those are coaching failures.

In short, you are a miserable failure as a coach.

And you want to throw Howard under the bus? He's one of the two players whose feet you should be kissing, because they are the reason you are still employed.

Hit the road, Jack.

#HudsonOut

17. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    "Other than that, how was the theater Mr. Hudson"? :D

18. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'd point out that the only other defensive DP in the league is playing on a team that's 5th place in the East and averaging 1.3 pts/game. So having a defensive DP doesn't seem to be handcuffing Columbus into being a horrible team.

19. Quinn 33

Quinn 33 Member+

Apr 25, 2003
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I watched the video of his post game comments, but couldn't finish because it pissed me off too much.

Yes, the Rapids have not spent money wisely, as exemplified by having guys like Wilson and Smith on the payroll, and having a goalkeeper as a DP.

There are two major problems with this though. Firstly is this group of players (that he helped assemble by the way) is not as far behind the rest of the league as he indicates. Any dipshit thats followed this league for more than 10 minutes knows this squad is better than its record. Secondly, Hudson has failed to prove he can coach a better group of players. Today's roster is objectively better than last year's, and Hudson has somehow managed to make the team even worse than before.

Adding a couple of DPs isn't going to fix the problems this team has, and if you really need players that are vastly superior to everyone else to simply be competitive, you fv<king suck at your job.

Maarten van 242, Totoro and kucsdat repped this.
  20. fischerw

fischerw Member+

Sep 15, 2004
    Joplin, MO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    In a way, I feel more hopeful than ever, because losing 1-0 to Atlanta on the road wasn't gonna make Hudson's seat warm-- but comments like those sure as hell gotta. Right? .... right?

21. nowar99

nowar99 Member

Apr 14, 2003
    Boulder
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Hudson: “We are fighting at the bottom with a bottom group of players ...”

And

Hudson: “There are teams with a lot more quality than us...”

I think one of the most remarkable things to me is that the team hasn’t quit on him yet (as far as I can tell).

Hudson: “People think we’ve taken over a team that’s at the top of the league every year and competing for the championship...”.

Ehh - I am pretty sure that nobody actually thinks that.

22. Centennial

Centennial Member+

Apr 4, 2003
    Centennial
    He’s delusional

23. unkiemark

unkiemark Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Boulder
    It's hard to take Hudson seriously when he seems to be saying the lack of success is due in large part to players who aren't MLS caliber - most of whom he either okayed or actively thought. Isn't Tommy Smith one player in particular that he really wanted?

I really don't think the talent on this team - in general - is as bad as he seems to be stating. So it's really annoying that he is putting much of the blame on players.

Despite this, I feel that it's highly unlikely that he's sacked soon for reason's I have stated in posts on other threads.

COMtnGuy and Rod1916 repped this.
  24. unkiemark

unkiemark Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Boulder
    I wonder how Pádraig is taking Hudson's comments? Is he thinking that this is a never ending project that is going to take more money than the Rapids can ever muster? Is he just frustrated at the moment and will state things differently tomorrow? Or has he really lost it with all the losing?

25. COMtnGuy

COMtnGuy Member+

Apr 5, 2012
    Higher than you
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And that folks is the prime way you lose not only the club house but the Front office too. Man, when is someone going to do something about this dumpster fire that is Hudson.