Own any K-League jerseys?

Discussion in 'Korean Domestic Leagues' started by kevinkim26, Jul 6, 2011.

1. kevinkim26

kevinkim26 Member

May 14, 2011
    New Yorker in Jeju, South Korea
    Club:
    Jeju United
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Ok fine, I admit it, I made this thread for the sole purpose of bragging.

I'm buying a Jeju United Kim Eun-Jung #18 jersey after I get off from work today. :D If my boss paid me my paycheck in full, I'd also get his jersey in away colors and a Kang Su-Il #9 jersey, but hey, can't change my boss's money problems.

Anyone else here own K-League jerseys? And how do you show your pride for it?

2. Randomized

Randomized Member

Feb 18, 2005
  3. Sergei Mantis

Sergei Mantis Member

Feb 8, 2010
    Club:
    Pohang Steelers
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Pohang's Kim Jae Sung #7 Home S/S

4. kevinkim26

kevinkim26 Member

May 14, 2011
    Club:
    Jeju United
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Store pickup orders are such a pain, hope it's worth it.

Definitely getting a Jeju United Bae Ki-Jong #16 jersey along with my initial buy, and maybe a FC Seoul Djeparov #88 while I'm at it. If I don't go broke by the time I get a confirmation.

5. Korvinus

Korvinus Member

Juventus
    Mar 24, 2007
    Unmarked - Anyang LG Cheetahs (2001?)

[​IMG]

Kim Nam-Il - Chunnam Dragons (2003?)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Korvinus

Korvinus Member

Juventus
    Mar 24, 2007
    Hong Myung-Bo - Pohang Steelers (2002)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Lee Dong-Gook - Pohang Steelers (2005)

[​IMG]

Mudang repped this.
  7. Korvinus

Korvinus Member

Juventus
    Mar 24, 2007
    Koo Ja-Cheol - Jeju United (2010)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Sergei Mantis

Sergei Mantis Member

Feb 8, 2010
    Club:
    Pohang Steelers
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Nice set you got there :cool:

9. Korvinus

Korvinus Member

Juventus
    Mar 24, 2007
    Thanks. Ya gunna upload a photo of your Kim Jae-Sung jersey? lol

10. Sergei Mantis

Sergei Mantis Member

Feb 8, 2010
    Club:
    Pohang Steelers
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
  11. kevinkim26

kevinkim26 Member

May 14, 2011
    Club:
    Jeju United
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Korvinus, is that Koo Ja-Cheol jersey for sale? ;)

12. Korvinus

Korvinus Member

Juventus
    Mar 24, 2007
    nope lol (also, the photo is half an year old)
    I'm a Koo JC fan lol & I bought the shirt after the 2010 K-League Final 2nd leg. I remember crying after Jeju lost in a bizarre fashion (The keeper messed up & Adi 'the jerk' scored a header. also, the penalty given to GS was dubious. Hong Jeong-Ho got injured). I'm not a Jeju fan, but I do get passionate while watching games.

On a side note, I really detest FC Seoul. Partly has to do with their relocation history (yea SK did the same thing, but they went to an island. how profitable is that?), but more so with their (including fan's) arrogance and also the biased referee calls and treatment they receive. If you don't agree with me, go watch a game live at Sangam.

I think FC Seoul's AC Milan jersey, Man City away jersey plus the devil mascot of AC Milan annoy me even more~

last time I checked dosoccer had home Jeju kits on sale like half the price lolz dunno about now, but you could try.
    http://www.dosoccer.com/shop/main/index.php

13. kevinkim26

kevinkim26 Member

May 14, 2011
    Club:
    Jeju United
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Dude, you're awesome. Seriously. I felt the same way during that horrible 2nd leg final. Jeju could've made history... that 1-0 lead or a possible 2-2 draw would've been enough to lift the trophy. But Jung Jo-Gook's PK and the damn ref had to ruin it for Jeju fans like me. Hell, our Koo Ja-Cheol could've had a title next to his name before his transfer to Wolfsburg.

I hold no grudges against FC Seoul though, mainly because I love players like Dejan and Djeparov (even though Djep recently transferred out), I'm actually rooting for them to go all the way in this season's AFC CL. Not a fan of FC Seoul, I just follow a player or two there, and they can be exciting to watch at times.

Jeju's keeper, Kim Ho-Jun, really sucked last postseason I admit, making a lot of mistakes and not being able to hold on to the ball during crucial moments. But he's improved exponentially; he's one of the top keepers of this season, so no bad feelings there either. ^^

Oh, and I noticed one of your "foes" are Inter... if the Milan-style jersey of FC Seoul annoys you, then you must despise Incheon as well; their jersey looks very much like Inter's. ;)

14. Korvinus

Korvinus Member

Juventus
    Mar 24, 2007
    yea, sucked how Koo had a minor injury hence why he couldn't start the match against Seoul.

Dejan? yea, he's good. I'll admit, but the Jesus bearded guy is effin' annoying haha He's a goal machine and 'the Incheon powers that be' were idiots for selling him.

Djeparov? He's another good player, but if he was in Korea a decade earlier, he'd be cleaning Ko Jong-Soo's cleats~! BTW, he got sold to another team I think?

Kim Ho-Jun was a Seoul reject... lolz He got sent there after GS powers that be decided to bring in Kim Yong-Dae who I (grudgingly) must admit is the best keeper in the league right now & a proven champion w/ Seongnam and now Seoul.

Yea, Incheon. Of course, I find them annoying! Their 2005 Miracle documentary was emotional, but reality is they really haven't done much besides building a new stadium & groom or fawn over Yoo Byung-Soo. The inter jersey ripoff is of course, really annoying~! They had Kang Soo-Il (multiracial Korean guy) for a while (he's in Jeju now) so another inter moment I guess. lol

I really like Juventus (history, accomplishment, symbol to Italy, players, etc), but I've never been to Turin or Delle Alpi, so I'm a bit hesitant to say I'm a "fan." They play with grinta basically the Korean equivalent is kkang! I also collect Juventus jerseys.
    Also, Serie A is just fun to watch. The methodical buildup from a tight defense is sometimes more satisfying than a goal~

BTW, I don't have a particular K-League team I identify with. My mum's from Singal, and me dad's family is actually from Suan/Sariwon area up way north. I was born and raised in Nasung (LA), Estados Unidos lol.
    I do have some distant relatives in Ulsan & Gumi, but that doesn't really count I guess.

I just like the K-League in general (history, league, and players), so I like to collect vintage jerseys & read up on history & learn. I've been trying to get a hold of a Pusan Daewoo Royals Jersey, but that's extinct now. lol Found one online, but it is exorbitantly priced!

Anyhow, my bad for hijacking the thread~! lol
    Happy Jersey Collecting!

15. kevinkim26

kevinkim26 Member

May 14, 2011
    Club:
    Jeju United
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Haha, don't worry about the hijacking the thread part, you made the thread interesting, after all, I only made it to brag. ;)

But how is Dejan annoying? I mean, you're entitled to your opinions of course, but he seems like a good person off the pitch in general. But yeah, Incheon were idiots for selling him, though I'm guessing they got a good offer. Lol.

And yes, Djeparov transferred to a Saudi club... =/ I'm actually planning on buying his Seoul jersey ASAP, if my boss would actually pay my paycheck in full. Kinda like a memorabilia, before it goes extinct.

I'm also looking for a Yoo Byung-Soo jersey, the 2010 one, where the letters and squad number is in gold. Might as well get his, before he hauls his ass over to Europe someday (which is unlikely at the moment, he's having a bad season right now compared to 2010's). But that's probably after I've collected a good amount of Jeju United jerseys, gotta get my priorities straight. :D

Mudang repped this.
  16. Korvinus

Korvinus Member

Juventus
    Mar 24, 2007
    eh, Dejan being annoying is nothing personal just the fact that he manages to score in every game I watched against Seoul at Sang-Am besides the Suwon opener. If he was in a team I like, he'd be one of my favorites I must admit. :eek: He plays for FC Seoul so the dislike rubs on the player as well~ haha

selling your key player(s) regardless of price is bad business even from financial pov if you can't replace the player(s) Incheon is gonna go nowhere with an attitude like that lolz

Djeparov, ol mullet head, best of luck~!

Yoo Byung-Soo. He's in a slump. Gotta learn some new tricks and improve movement especially and tactical reading. That natural slick first touch is rare. He gotta improve his versatility. An out and out CF isn't popular nowadays. He gotta offer more on the final third of the pitch.

I wouldn't write Yoo off yet. Bringing in an experienced forward, a seasoned professional w/ winning mentality could help~ Incheon used to get decent to good players from Eastern European leagues. They should bring in one w/ the aforementioned traits.

Personally, I don't like the whole "hop on the next train to Europe" mentality. (recently Ji Dong-Won) So, Yoo Byung-Soo should stay in the K-League. Join a big team if he has to. I'm sure powerhouses like Pohang and Jeonbuk would sign him.

Another thought, Yoo Byung-Soo as a Left Winger that cuts in for shots. That might not be a bad experiment. Work on crossing. He already dribbles well. eh, just a thought. lol

Mudang repped this.
  17. Korvinus

Korvinus Member

Juventus
    Mar 24, 2007
    And yea, hope ya get them Jeju kits~!

18. kevinkim26

kevinkim26 Member

May 14, 2011
    Club:
    Jeju United
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I agree with you, in fact, that's what I find myself telling everyone around me these days when the conversation steers towards the K-League; that K-League players need to stop their obsession with becoming the next PJS or LCY and stay in the K-League and work towards making it a more notable league, at least player-wise. I only mention Yoo Byung-Soo's possible Europe league pickup because last season, the guy had scouts all over him, and he himself is obsessed with going overseas before his Incheon contract ends. The guy still has a lot to learn though. =/

Mudang repped this.
  19. Korvinus

Korvinus Member

Juventus
    Mar 24, 2007
    I think the K-League head honchos need to make winning the K-league a significant achievement.

All these guys who wanna go abroad. Ask them, what have you exactly accomplished? You wear the red a couple of times. Put a couple of good performances and the media laud you like crazy. Make a few bad, and folks go on a witch hunt for your heads.

The Korean media do not give the respect K-League deserves as the top of the domestic soccer pyramid. There are media tycoons right? Make a channel dedicated to only soccer 24/7. Radio shows even. Vlogs, blogs, it's a media age. Get people interested and love their club.

The powers that be need to make a serious overhaul and reorganize the league structure and policies. (e.g. get rid of the player draft)

Mudang repped this.
  20. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
  21. nad1998

nad1998 Member

Dec 13, 2001
    Tacoma
    own mostly KBO jerseys, only K-League one from back in the day.

Denis Laktionov

[​IMG]

Mudang repped this.
  22. ChaDuRi671

ChaDuRi671 Member+

Dec 30, 2010
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Finally got myself a FC Seoul jersey Dejan #10. Cost about 79,000 Won for the jersey and 10,000-13,000 Won for the marking. Should have bought the K-League patch too. :( Also some rare gems in this thread. Koo Ja-Cheol's Jeju jersey, Ki Sung-Yong's FC Seoul jersey, Hong Myung-Bo's Pohang jersey. :eek:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

23. yong

yong Member

Sep 17, 2009
    Singapore
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Singapore
    Any k-league jersey for sale?
    thanks

24. zdrstvte

zdrstvte Member+

Aug 27, 2012
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Got Jeju United and Busan I'Park shirt. Jeju shirt is quite useful when cycling as well cos its fluorescent.:D Also got a Busan Transportation Corporation shirt which I was given for free while watching one of their matches.:)

ChaDuRi671 repped this.
  25. ChaDuRi671

ChaDuRi671 Member+

Dec 30, 2010
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Pictures will be appreciated. :D Especially the Busan Transportation Corporation one.