Out With The Old & In With 7he New - Transfers, Rumors, & Lies Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Nathanial Essex, Sep 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nathanial Essex

Nathanial Essex Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    Mar 19, 2017
    Sorry for the new thread for those who care too much and will get offended, but the old one was doing my head in. Felt like it had been going on for more than a year with that frustrating question constantly staring at me.

New manager, new season and a new number 7. Please continue. 00

Deep Pal, S1na, natenate101 and 2 others repped this.
  2. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Vinicius will be our winter move

Prit Javier and Deep Pal repped this.
  3. Anon.

Anon. Member+

Sep 4, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Flo will proclaim him to be (once again) a fantastic new signing! :p:D

Deep Pal and J-Mezzy repped this.
  4. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Third time is the charm

Deep Pal and Anon. repped this.
  5. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    Gabigol with a hattrick. Seems to be really doing well. I know he flopped hard with Inter but he's still so young. Worth a flyer?

6. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    #6 YOUNGSTARS87, Sep 2, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2018
    Nah

EDIT: Lol so I felt I needed to expand on that. If you remember I originally believed Gabi would be superior to Gabby J so it isn't like I'm hating on him. Gabi struggles with consistency and from POV it is due to dedication. He can finish ruthlessly and has a sweet left foot.... however I don't see a consistent drive to be great.

Why some players appreciate in value in my eyes is this factor; they want to be the best. Then there are others (Hazard) whom I like but they don't have this drive, so I don't value them the same.

7. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Shit thread title

Shay Z, Deep Pal, Anon. and 6 others repped this.
  8. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    With Ronaldo buying majority ownership in Valladolid, I'd start using them to loan out our top talent or sell with buy back clauses.

Shay Z, Deep Pal, meringues and 3 others repped this.
  9. Doni

Doni Member+

Dec 4, 2010
    London
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    What sort of involvement will he have with the running of the club I wonder. Will we be seeing Ronaldo sitting next to Perez soon ... as a huge Ronaldo fanboy that would be epic to see.

Deep Pal and saadomar repped this.
  10. saadomar

saadomar Member+

Real Madrid
    Mar 21, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Kind of a bummer cuz he might not be able to show up at RM events due to conflict of interest.

11. saadomar

saadomar Member+

Real Madrid
    Mar 21, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    It could happen as early as Nov 4th actually. He's the chairman and majority stakeholder, so he can do it whenever the heck he wants.

It's phenomenal (pun intended) to see how many of our former galactico are going onto have fruitful post-footballing careers. Figo ran for football govt. Both OG Ronaldo and Beckham own football clubs either in Europe or USA. Zidane is a managerial legend after only 2.5 seasons. Xabi Alonso, Solari and Guti weren't exactly galacticos but they're getting their coaching experiences in at RM. So it's a major draw for players that they can continue to be involved with football in someway or another after leaving the club as a football player. Even if they went to other clubs afterwards, their connection to Real Madrid remained.

Shay Z, libertao, Deep Pal and 1 other person repped this.
  12. Prit Javier

Prit Javier Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    May 9, 2018
    Dybala will likely ask to leave Juventus end of the season if he carries on being benched.

saadomar repped this.
  13. S1na

S1na Member+

Real Madrid
    Jun 1, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    I still want Firminho

IMG_20180904_005657.jpg

14. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  15. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    A little late but I had to get my summer transfer thoughts out of my system. I am already backed up with that Labor Day BBQ can't have this backing me up further. Jeeeeezzzz.

Signing Mariano saved the summer window. That's not too overly dramatic to say. Ever since the summer of 2017 we needed a backup striker and a backup CB coz Vallejo is doing his residency at Sanitas and doesn't have time to play football. It was obvious for all to see. We didn't fix it when the Mbappe thing didn't work out. Cristiano had a realty bad start to the season as did Benzema with Bale injured again and we saw how our league campaign failed before Christmas. Horrible season, only saved by this team raising its game for the big CL matches and Cristiano scoring at the right time.

This summer we lost Cristiano and the market was such that we couldn't sign a proper Galactico. Kudos to Florentino and Jose Angel. I am very glad we didn't blow 100s of millions or more on players who aren't top of the shelf talents especially seeing how these 2nd tier player would block the development of our own youth. You know what we showed...…. dick control. We didn't act like a teenager and just cum after feeling a titty. This is what being a man is about...……. dick control. A lot of kids on twitter don't understand that. Is cool...….. they'll learn.

If we had also signed a backup CB I would actually be very content with our summer, all things considered. Zizou left us without giving much notice and Cristiano the same. With that in mind I'd say Florentino did a hell of a job finding a great coach. Huge sudden departures like that could destabilize a ship for a long time but Florentino has managed to keep us stable, for now. Well done.

Our attack is thin only because our best attacker (apart from the French Mamba) is still a huge injury risk. Mariano should be able to help with that depth and if all goes well I 100% see Vin playing decent mins after Christmas. We are hugely dependent on Nacho again which I am OK with but if he goes down for a significant time, we are screwed. Odriozola is a decent signing and I feel like it was needed just to wake Carvajal the eff up. He had a crap season last year and needs some pressure behind him.

All in all I loved our restraint...…….. our smart signings (Courtois) and finally addressing at least one area of desperate need (CF). Decent summer. This season will be fun. Watching the kids play in Julen's style is already so refreshing after seeing the highly successful but highly chaotic and mind boggling style of Zizou. I won't let my expectations go too high this season. We should fight for La Liga till the end and hopefully win it and make decent cup runs ad I am content. Next summer we re-load and go for everything again. Hala Madrid.

Aimar 21, Deep Pal, saadomar and 8 others repped this.
  16. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

The Italian press has pushed this Marcelo to Juve story all summer and they continue to do so after the deadline.

17. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    You know I have an inkling he will be a Juve player eventually. Maybe even as soon as next season.

18. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ronaldo is not the only aging piece that will need to be replenished in the near future.

Would not be surprised if, within the next couple years, we will have to move on from Modric, Marcelo, Ramos

19. Tropeiro

Tropeiro Member+

Jun 1, 2018
  20. saadomar

saadomar Member+

Real Madrid
    Mar 21, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Imagine the moment Messi retires. I'm pretty sure they're gonna be more devastated. Especially since they lost Neymar.

MiamiNative0722 and J-Mezzy repped this.
  21. HZinho

HZinho Member+

Apr 2, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    They’ll really struggle for some time.

22. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I think that's what people assume with us too, but there are tons of successful teams without Ronaldo and Messi.

temesgen and Digital repped this.
  23. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    They are more dependent on messi then we were on Ronaldo. Ronaldo is a phenomenal goal scorer. Messi scores at the same pace while also being the engine of their offense. They will suffer once he retires.

24. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He won't retire at the current pace though, he'll slowly fade out, and if we trust the pace at which Barca kick their "legends" out, the moment he's a few steps too slow, he'll be playing in China.