Out With The Old & In With 7he New - Transfers, Rumors, & Lies Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Nathanial Essex, Sep 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Hazard, Jovic and Mendy seem fairly straightforward signings at this point. No clarity whether we are planning to sign 2 CMs, but we absolutely need two. Signing only one and keeping Isco for a meaty role would be repeating the same mistakes and expecting a different result. And Mendy better be a starter if he's signed. Marcelo is a good guy, but if we keep him, should be as a mentor and captain from the bench mainly.

Out: Bale, Mariano, Isco, Llorente, Reguilon(sadly), Ceballos, Lucas, Nacho

In: Hazard, Jovic, Mendy, Pogba, Eriksen, Militao, Rodrygo, Hermoso

MiamiNative0722 repped this.
  2. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    Add Ndombele and Lo Celso to the IN list and and of Kroos/Modric to the OUT list and we’re looking perfect for next season.

3. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Out: Isco, Asensio, Lucas Vasquez, Bale, Benz, Modric, Kroos, Varane, Vallejo.

In: Jovic, Dybala, Griez, Hazard, Lo Celso, Rabiot, Ndombele, Militao, De Light.

Return: James

Would be an awesome summer.

4. ElCapitánSR4

ElCapitánSR4 Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Sep 14, 2017
    This made me laugh really hard. Not even possible on fifa:D

petros93, Serengeti_Boy and Halycon repped this.
  5. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I struggle to see where we are going to get the money to buy both Eriksen, and Pogba, when we're already at 210 mil. spent with Hazard, Jovic and Militao.

Hermoso has already said he wants to join a team that relies on him, which we will definitely not. Publically slammed the door on us and didn't even bother giving the typical "well it is Real Madrid..." type of answer the last time he was asked.

Digital repped this.
  6. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    IN: Hazard, Jović, Militao, Rodrygo = 260M -> Mendy =50M -> Eriksen / Pogba / Ndbombele = 150M / 220M

Meaning we are 450 - 500M in the hole.

OUT: Bale, Llorente, Ceballos, Mariano, Reguilon, RDT, Kovačić, James = 200M+

It seems Zidane really wants to keep most of the regulars. Scary stuff.

Goalkeepers: Courtois, Lunin, Zizu Jr.
    Defenders: Ramos, Varane, Militao, Nacho, Carvajal, Odriozola, Marcelo, Mendy
    Midfielders: Casemiro, Kroos, Modrić, Ndombele, Valverde, Eriksen??? / Pogba???, Isco
    Forwards: Benzema, Hazard, Jović, Vin, Asensio, Lucas, Rodrygo ( Castilla probably )

Anon. repped this.
  7. Nathanial Essex

Nathanial Essex Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    Mar 19, 2017
    Navas

Odriozola Varane Ramos Mendy

Casemiro

Lo Celso Pogba

Hazard Jovic Vinicius
    This is my somewhat releastic starting 11 for next season. Would be great to get De Ligt but he's off to Barcelona and probably would not come here as his best mate Dr Jong has already gone there.

8. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    We haven't spent a lot since 2013. Barca meanwhile will have 300 ME to spend this summer on Griezmann, Jong and Ligt. See no reason why we can't afford to spend 500 ME after saving up for years and selling players like Ron, Morata for good sum. On top of that, Adidas deal will go up from 42 ME to 110 ME+ and La Liga new TV deal from 2019 should give us 40 ME+ more minimum. Stadium repayment doesn't start until 2022. We will have money to spent especially if we can get 150 ME from sales.

petros93, Anon. and MiamiNative0722 repped this.
  9. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    If you just count Jovic, Hazard (who i suppose we'll meet somewhere at 100) and Militao, we've already spent 210 mil.

Then we're looking at Mendy for 45 mil., Eirksen and Pogba for 9 digit figures.

Not only are we going to spend a sh*t ton of money, Zidane will have all the pressure in the world to deliver with Klopp, Guardiola and everybody else making snide remarks about us just having spent over 400 million Euro in a month or two.

10. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    He will have the pressure to win big titles next season too as we are Real Madrid. Keeping deadweights in midfield won't help his case. Hazard, Jovic, Mendy, Pogba, Militao will take the spending around 400 ME anyways. Eriksen could cost as much as Hazard due to contract situation. Why hold back 'cos hypocrite Pep will moan? He moaned about Vinicius too.

11. HZinho

HZinho Member+

Apr 2, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Zidane knows the pressure will be immense next season, because that's the narrative he's sold since his return. In order to perform, he'll have to make sure the club spends a lot of money on players that'll make us (significantly) stronger and give us something else that we currently don't have. IMO, the pressure is on, whether we spend 0ME or 500ME.

Saeta Rubia repped this.
  12. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I don't care about what other coaches say, but what i do care about is that Zidane will find himself in a situation where he will have to take the blame.

13. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    what I find annoying is that the players who are supposedly leaving the club are not the ones responsible for this mess nor have contributed to how bad we played in the recent weeks.

Hsain85 and libertao repped this.
  14. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    That's fine. Rather take the blame with quality players around giving you a better chance to succeed. Going with Isco and co as key players will mean certain failure. Midfield is a huge issue and we need 2 good reinforcements there.

15. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Ah, that explains why Isco got tons of minutes since Zidane has returned and then claimed that he's looking forward to next season with Zidane.

16. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    True. Llorente, Ceballos, Reguilon are not the problem. I don't mind that we are selling them, but not while keeping deadweights. Ideal option would have been keeping them while selling Marcelo, Modric etc who don't have much to give. That way we'd have quality signings plus young legs for depth.

17. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    And Isco hasn't shown that he's worthy of a sub role let alone an important one. If ZZ can't see it, he's set himself for failure. Mendy reports at least shows he's looking for a starting level LB. He needs Pogba and that's clear. But we need another good midfielder as well and sell Isco. His value must have plummeted. Might be another loan player in 2020 if we don't sell now.

18. temesgen

temesgen Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    We can't clear out the entire squad, I think Isco will be fine as a sub/utility player next season and if he doesn't step up sell him in a year. Meanwhile we need figure out what sort of formation and starting eleven we're going for because right now it's clear what we're doing nor how these rumored reinforcements have us competing for La Liga trophy.

Digital repped this.
  19. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    You are blind if you dont see that when Isco comes in the team plays worse.
    I mean what is his value as a sub/utility player.
    Pls enlighten me how can he contribute based on what we have seen from Isco in these last few games?

20. temesgen

temesgen Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    You're not going to get a player better than Isco who's willing to sit on the bench and come in as a utility player. And say you did somehow fond someone they wouldn't be free.

Realistically we are going to need a couple seasons to rebuild. And a big factor is having a bench.

Digital, petros93 and Anon. repped this.
  21. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    You are as blind as Zidane. They would not be free but we can sell Isco.
    A Ceballos type player can contribute more than Isco.
    You promote whoever is playing AM/CM at Castilla right now and he will be better than Isco.
    Isco is not at a level to play professionally anymore.

22. temesgen

temesgen Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    I like Ceballos but he's never played at the level Isco has at times for us. Isco wiped the pitch with ATM by himself two years ago. He definitely deserves criticism but if I'm being realistic about the bench, I'd rather have Isco than Dani. Isco is more capable of contributing on both sides of the ball.

petros93 repped this.
  23. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    Isco is not recoverable to that level so making those comparisons are irrelevant because that is not what we are seeing now nor what will happen in the future.
    Saying Crisco is more capable based on what he did here two years ago is a ridiculous argument ..completely ignoring the reality of today

Anon. and Saeta Rubia repped this.
  24. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I don't want 34 year old Modric, Isco and Fede as the first options to start in midfield if there's an injury though. Mind you, that's even including Kroos as a starter who hasn't been consistent for two seasons now. Not gonna win anything with that sort of midfield rotation especially in big CL games. I'd have Pogba, Eriksen, Casemiro, Kroos, Fede and only one of Modric/Isco.

Anon. repped this.
  25. Anon.

Anon. Member+

Sep 4, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Assuming that we buy the players we’re being heavily rumoured with, then I think people are overreacting about the amount of change Zizou will bring to the first XI.

Jovic - will start a significant proportion of games (either beside or instead of Benz)
    Hazard - a starter
    Mendy - will start a significant proportion of games
    Pogba/Eriksen - a starter
    I don’t think we will have the budget for Ndombele and the competition will be too stiff, so I’m not considering him as a potential signing.

That’s already 4 out of 11 players that we will see a lot of next season, I consider that significant change.
    Our rebuild can’t all happen in a single transfer window. Perez’s pig-headedness and control of the purse strings has put us back 2-3 years in terms of building a world class squad for the future. That’s just the reality of the situation.