Out With The Old & In With 7he New - Transfers, Rumors, & Lies Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Nathanial Essex, Sep 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    People ripped Pogba for his performance. Eriksen was just as bad today. Let's stop looking at one game. I'll take either next season.

2. Iscodisco

Iscodisco Member

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Dec 14, 2017
    Marcelo is 80kg at 1,74m
    Isco is 79kg at 1,76m (from RM official site)

Neither are particularly muscle heavy. To compare Ceballos is 70kg at 1,79m, Reguillon is 68kg at 1,78m.

It's clear to see on the pitch that they are carrying extra weight. They need to GTFO. Is it any wonder that Marcelo doesn't run back to defend or Isco only plays within 2 yards of space?

They are both considerably heavier than Mariano and he's a giant compared to them. It's obvious why Solari benched these guys. How is ZZ given them a free card? it's madness.

Prit Javier repped this.
  3. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Eriksen had a terrible game and he had a good one in the first leg. I am fine as long as we get either Pogba or Eriksen as well. I'd rather cash in on Isco and keep the likes of Ceballos and Llorente as well. At least Marcelo started struggling in last two years. He's been at the club for 12 years. Isco is supposed to be in his prime years and already out of shape. He will be back with Malaga at 30 at this rate.

Prit Javier and Anon. repped this.
  4. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Not me, i’m Looking at 3 seasons with regards to Pogba in particular, he really has not covered himself with glory playing for Manure, why people are so willing to overlook that is beyond me, must be the reputation I think it would be madness to judge a player on one or two games

ahnaf repped this.
  5. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    I have to admit, his attitude this season has been pretty poor, I don't like people taking a season off or quitting. That said; Hazard quit on his team as well and we're still getting him. Talent is there, just gotta think Zidane will get his head right. I prefer Eriksen, but I'm not too bothered if we get Pogba.

Stiliyan, Prit Javier and Anon. repped this.
  6. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Prit Javier, Anon. and temesgen repped this.
  7. Iscodisco

Iscodisco Member

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Dec 14, 2017
    One game? What? His last 3 years have been a continual dissapointment. Where have you been?

He scores penalties and has a great instagram account. Not Madrid quality.

Prit Javier and Crimson repped this.
  8. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Prit Javier and MiamiNative0722 repped this.
  9. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We really should reduce spreading AS reports. They are pure farce.

Shay Z, Prit Javier, Anon. and 1 other person repped this.
  10. meringues

meringues Member+

Real Madrid
    United States
    Aug 8, 2008
    Wisconsin
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    They can be posted for the lulz, if anyone takes them seriously it's their own fault. :ROFLMAO:

MiamiNative0722 repped this.
  11. eran bar-levi

eran bar-levi Member

Real Madrid
    Brazil
    Jul 18, 2018
    Israel
    he must do everting to sign De Ligt he is 19 and looks like 29 with 10 years expression. he is level will prove, we must not give up like De Jong who had a dream..(We could got him a lot less then Pogba, he is a quality 50\50)

12. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Pogba has said "Yes" to Zidane.

Paul Pogba and Zinedine Zidane have spoken three times since the coach returned to Real Madrid.

The Manchester United footballer is "excited" with the idea of playing at Real Madrid and being led by his idol, Zidane who will do everything possible to get Pogba as his player next season. Another of his compatriots at Madrid , Varane, already spoke highly of the club, so all the references that Pogba has about Real Madrid are unbeatable.

In those, Pogba has decided to leave the United, and now that the English team has been eliminated from the Champions League at the expense of Barcelona, he has free rein to begin to pressure the board to sit down to negotiate with Real Madrid. His desire is to play in white and be trained by Zidane, and the Frenchman is going to roll up his sleeves to make it possible. The Madrid coach knows it first-hand, because Pogba has given the "yes" in the three conversations that have held over the past weeks.

United will ask for at least 150 million euros for the player. They paid about 120 ME three years ago and they know that Real Madrid has money to spend this summer, so they will try to cash in with one of their best players to turn to the market in search of a substitute.

https://okdiario.com/deportes/pogba-vuelto-dar-si-zidane-4000094

13. Crimson

Crimson BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 11, 2009
    What would Thiago cost in this market? Surely not 150m, and he's far more consistent and better technically.

14. Nathanial Essex

Nathanial Essex Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    Mar 19, 2017
    Not a fan of paying more for Pogba than United paid for him. I think he's a good player but, mainly down to his part-time attitude, not that good. God knows why he decided to go to Manchester United in the first place.

Prit Javier and J-Mezzy repped this.
  15. dooda

dooda Member+

Jun 8, 2005
    Kuwait
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    The only way I see Pogba succeeding as a 150mil+ transfer is if we play him as a free offensive midfielder. He's too undisciplined to be tasked with any serious defensive duties.

Something similar to the role Zidane played in the galacticos formation. How well that will work for us as a team is another question.

TBH given Sane's situation and being left out of key games I'd be more inclined to send out feelers to Man City and see if Pep would be be open to move on from him.
    Screenshot_20190418-095741_Google.jpeg

Prit Javier repped this.
  16. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    They can drop all the extra weight in a month or two. I'm not saying they will, but even regular people achieve great results in a short amount of time.

17. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He's barely gone through a season without injury or health trouble though.

Ahmadi8, Zidane05 and Anon. repped this.
  18. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    That backpass, when VAR cancelled it I'm sure he felt very very lucky.

19. white_raid

white_raid Member+

Oct 17, 2006
    Both Kroos and Isco when on form are better players than Eriksen. However, they are not on form, so we have to make some changes.

20. madridlover123

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Sep 30, 2018
    Another game on the bench for Sane for Man City. Hazard and sane in the summer, eventually Vinicius jr and sane on the wings for years for the future

Prit Javier repped this.
  21. white_raid

white_raid Member+

Oct 17, 2006
    Sane doesn’t look so happy this season. Perhaps he could be available? But his attitude has already been questioned by Pep and Low, it could be a red flag.

Prit Javier repped this.
  22. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Anyone else remember the Pavon of the week/month awards we used to give out to the worst players a few years back :D ? Then the worst one got the Oleguer of the Year :D :D :D.

Fun times!

madridista_hr, Shay Z, jgun07 and 3 others repped this.
  23. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    We have Rodrygo

Prit Javier repped this.
  24. dooda

dooda Member+

Jun 8, 2005
    Kuwait
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Would be fun to have those back :D Bale would be the odds on favorite for the Oleguer award.

Eddie repped this.
  25. Prit Javier

Prit Javier Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    May 9, 2018
    I agree, plus if we want another option bring back James for Isco!