Out With The Old & In With 7he New - Transfers, Rumors, & Lies Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Nathanial Essex, Sep 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    It probably meant that Manchester United is negotiating an extension with him. We will keep hearing form him until he extends his contract.

Prit Javier and meringues repped this.
  2. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    I doubt he cost that much even now but yea i think we should focus on Eriksen for now.

YOUNGSTARS87 and Excape Goat repped this.
  3. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    He wasn't happy with Mou and I doubt he thinks Ole can win titles as well. Could probably reach the point of Courtois and Hazard where he won't mind having couple of millions less than what their clubs are offering to play at RM especially with ZZ back

Excape Goat, Anon. and MiamiNative0722 repped this.
  4. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    People said the same about Courtois and Hazard.

We are the biggest club in the world and we have one of the best players in history, whom all of these current players adore.... successfully managing our club.

He won 3 CL in 3 years as manager.

It shouldn't be a shock these kids want to play for him if possible.

Eddie, Prit Javier, PigBenis and 8 others repped this.
  5. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I am not ruling him out of Real Madrid. He is probably not much better than Mbappe in Paris. I always believed that we are an upcoming team even right after we lost twice to Barcelona.

Let's wait and see....

6. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Agreed, i’ve read some people saying now that all these oil clubs ( City, PSG) have all this money to throw around we won’t be able to compete in terms of attracting top players, not for a moment do I believe that, we’re not exactly broke or a “small” team and IMO, the prestige of this club still counts to ( maybe not all) but most players, the young and the proven,

ZZ only adds to that as does the idea that you can always fight for trophies , including what some think is the biggest one ( CL), and personal accolades, winning 4 CL titles in 5 years doesn’t hurt either, a past and a present of elite achievement , all attractive to a player I would imagine and a decent salary , maybe not the most ( they are some players that will go for that no doubt, it is the real world) but certainly not peanuts

Açores57 and YOUNGSTARS87 repped this.
  7. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    I think he said it in 2018/19, after the departure from Madrid.

His minutes in 18/19 would be substantially better without injuries. He lost 10+ weeks up to this point. 15+ matches.

If the plan is basically to be 500` second fiddle, then he should clearly leave. He has quality to be a starter in top clubs.

8. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I agree, but it doesn't change the fact that the player will not want to speculate on missing out on another season if he gets another chance to be a starter elsewhere.

9. nexus11313

nexus11313 Member

Jun 28, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He's world class when he's able to play slightly advanced/given the freedom to roam. Of course that requires a true DM or a strong 2 way MF beside him but he's often the best player on the field when used the way Deschamps (and to an extent OGS) does.

Of course he's going to command a huge fee & wage but there's a reason he's been on Zidane's shortlist for a long time.

Drouchk and MiamiNative0722 repped this.
  10. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    The argument is what Zidane thinks about him. Not that Llorente will leave in case of thinking he will get trash minutes next season. Nobody doubts that. In such case he will pack his bags, which i fully support considering he is quality player.

temesgen repped this.
  11. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    What is ZZ has asked for two of his favourite players in Hazard and Pogba this summer? Maybe Pogba camps want a move this summer and hence those comments?

MiamiNative0722 repped this.
  12. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    MiamiNative0722 repped this.
  13. Halycon

Halycon Member+

Aug 24, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    There must have been some kind of contact. It's not that common that a world class player of one of the biggest clubs in the world shares a dream playing for another club. Imagine one of our players saying that shit.

14. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    I think it would be more prudent to go after a cut-priced Eriksen.

However if Levy is as stupid as their fans (demand €150M in hopes you force him to stay) then maybe we'll have to go for Pogba this year and get Eriksen for free next.

15. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Pogba wanted to join Barcelona back when he was having problems with Mou, now Madrid is a dream come true. Ok :D

Ahmadi8, saadomar, ahnaf and 3 others repped this.
  16. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If he's willing to come, I would pay for Pogba immediately. Even if it is not the most financially savvy move, to snag Manchester United's superstar again would make a serious statement of our intent. Im sure that would entice the likes of Mbappe to come soon as well.

Anon. and saadomar repped this.
  17. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    #6167 Excape Goat, Mar 20, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2019
    To me, Pogba is simply a much bigger buy than Eriksen. He will be the next superstar for us.... almost for sure. At the same time, getting him will be difficult. And Eriksen will not come here for free next season. He would either sign an extension or another club will snap him up this summer. We are not the only club that can see his contract is expiring. If another bigger club tries to buy him, he isn't going to wait another year to join us. At his age, he does not know what his future lies beyond this year. His ship for a bigger club might have sailed if he waits another season.

Anon. and saadomar repped this.
  18. saadomar

saadomar Member+

Real Madrid
    Mar 21, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    It looks like our galactico is gonna be Paul Pogba.

Kylian has been rebuffing any overtures from Madrid, and it's about time we stop wasting summer after summer going after unattainable targets. We'll probably get him in 3-4 yrs if he winds his contract down, but PSG never sells good players.

Pogba made a comment that he dreams of playing for Madrid like all players. James made a similiar comment during the 2014 WC and we went after him hard. I totally see Zidane green lighting his move and Florentino diverting attention to him.

I want Kylian to come here. But he has given us no reason to embarass ourselves chasing his signature.

19. saadomar

saadomar Member+

Real Madrid
    Mar 21, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He's selling himself to whoever has the bankroll to afford him. Barca have spent heavily on Ajax kids, so they wont have the funds left to buy off Man Utd.

20. saadomar

saadomar Member+

Real Madrid
    Mar 21, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    So Florentino didn't vote? Thought we needed more goalkeepers?!!!

Lyra repped this.
  21. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    If Levy will price us out, he will price any club not owned by an Oil State out of consideration.

Tottenham won't sell to City and I don't think Eriksen cares for PSG.

I don't believe Levy is as stupid as a fan, so I don't believe he will be irrational. However if he is maybe we do go for Pogba instead and wait for Eriksen.

22. libertao

libertao Member+

Mar 15, 2006
    I'm seeing 920 minutes, and as janos said, that is with being injured for 59 days.

meringues and MiamiNative0722 repped this.
  23. meringues

meringues Member+

Real Madrid
    United States
    Aug 8, 2008
    Wisconsin
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Re Pogba -- I wouldn't be surprised if the Raiola thing is still an issue that would keep it from happening.

Not sure if I'd rather have him or Eriksen. Both plz.

Prit Javier repped this.
  24. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    280 league minutes and 148 CL minutes. That's nothing.Being a Copa del Rey rotation piece at 24 isn't all he can be, clearly.

As far as I'm concerned, he's as good as gone.

25. eran bar-levi

eran bar-levi Member

Real Madrid
    Brazil
    Jul 18, 2018
    Israel
    I don't want Marcos Alonso