Out With The Old & In With 7he New - Transfers, Rumors, & Lies Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Nathanial Essex, Sep 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Prit Javier

Prit Javier Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    May 9, 2018
    I really think he will leave eventually, the french league isn't good enough to be playing for your whole career.

Yannick Relens repped this.
  2. Prit Javier

Prit Javier Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    May 9, 2018
    He's played in the middle and left mainly

3. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    This isn't true

4. Prit Javier

Prit Javier Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    May 9, 2018
    Yep but I mean mainly he played on the left and some few games on the right or in the middle as a centre forward. We don't know even know how effective he would be on the opposite wing until he arrives.

5. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    Again, this isn't true.

He started on the left, he has played mainly centrally and on the right. He does float at times but he has mainly been central and right.

6. Ayayain

Ayayain Member+

Real Madrid
    Nov 29, 2017
    I wish the same, but bad news are all around.

1/ PSG is expected to win against FFP next week, check the other thread.

2/ French insiders claim PSG will renew/extend both MBappe, and Neymar.

I still think those two are the only ones we should spend more than 150ME on, but it becomes harder, and harder.

You guys should have noticed it, but since Neymar became QNB ambassador, rumors died down entirely. Expected since Qatar pay him a fortune.

That's why I expected us to switch interest to MBappe entirely, that's why I hoped FFP would win their fight against PSG.

Now we have to rely on MBappe to refuse to renew like Rabiot did.

Anon. repped this.
  7. ElCapitánSR4

ElCapitánSR4 Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Sep 14, 2017
    Rodrygo began on the left side with Santos, but played a lot of games on the right side the last games. But he’s far more effective on the left side imo (or through the centre). Struggled a bit when he played on the right side.

8. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    This is an opinion, not fact.

He was basically forced on the left for Brazil U20 and he had a best an inconsistent tournament. His class and brilliance would show at times but he struggled be forced into a rigid role.

For Santos when he was inhis best form he played centrally and on attacking from the right. With that said can play any of the three areas.

9. ElCapitánSR4

ElCapitánSR4 Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Sep 14, 2017
    That’s why I said ‘imo’. So I’m not bringing it as a fact, I just think he is better on the left side.

But his best period for Santos is definitely not from the right. The first months when he scored an hattrick etc. (even before we bought him) he played on the left side and also central. The last months when he played on the right he had very good moment but also struggeled a lot.

But we’ll see man, I hope he plays well on the right wing for us because we really need someone there.

Prit Javier repped this.
  10. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    Again this is not true.

In that game he played left, central and on the right; in fact most of the second half he was on the right. Two of the goals he scored centrally (tap-in and counter) and one I'll give you was actually attacking from the left. Even during that run and score he didn't come across the goal he flattens and takes the hard angle... .what does that tell you??

Rodrygo struggles didn't come from him being given freedom (moving more central and right) playing off of Gabigol. His struggles came from him putting his head down and dribbling into corners. I've said long ago he needs to be less Robben and more Neymar, get his head up see the field and create using his ability to run with the ball at high speed.

As I'm sure you know he can use both feet. However if you have time look at how delicate he is driving through opposition attacking from his right target than predictable dribbling into walls on his left.

It isn't to say he can't play on the left, but the player for me is more effective centrally and on the right at the moment.

11. Prit Javier

Prit Javier Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    May 9, 2018
    I am talking before christmas mainly on the left and occasionally in the middle or right

12. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    I just pointed out the hattrick game where he plaued almost an entire half on the right.

Since he switched his number from 43 to 9, his usage has changed from being a wide attacker to being a striker partner with freedom. I will state again; he floats everywhere but he is mainly central and right.

It wasn't till Brazil U20 that they played him very wide left. You don't have to take my word for it; read the collective reviews of his performances out there. Inconsistent and struggled a bit, however because he has class he just does magic at times.

It isn't to say he can't play wide left, it's to say you can't just pin him out wide there.

13. Prit Javier

Prit Javier Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    May 9, 2018
    #4713 Prit Javier, Feb 16, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2019
    But he is a left winger no at club level? I have not seen the recent Brazil games so dont know what happened

14. Halycon

Halycon Member+

Aug 24, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Get Tagliafico, defensively very solid left back, very good and aggressive on the ball and is smart going forward. Plays a lot like Carvajal. Would immediately be a instant upgrade.

De Ligt.

Eriksen

Hazard

Navas
    Carvajal - De Ligt - Ramos - Tagliafico
    Modric - Casemiro - Eriksen
    Asensio - Benzema - Hazard

15. HZinho

HZinho Member+

Apr 2, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    When I'm reading things like Tagliafico being an instant upgrade, jesus. What are we, Everton or West Ham United?! We should be going for the absolute best for any given starter position. Tagliafico is a decent LB for Ajax, not for Real Madrid FFS. He would be completely out of his depth at the club, stop throwing around random names please.

Prit Javier repped this.
  16. Halycon

Halycon Member+

Aug 24, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Tagliafico would be a instant upgrade indeed. When I'm reading things like Tagliafico is a decent LB, jesus. De Ligt is also just decent for Ajax? Blind for example is a decent player for Ajax and that is his ceiling. Tagliafico also captain of Argentina, is a very fine player.

17. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    SELL: Marcelo, Kroos, Bale, Mariano, Nacho
    BUY: Eriksen, Winger - Neymar / Hazard? / Son?, Striker - Icardi? / Jović, Militao, LB, Pochettino.

Prit Javier repped this.
  18. yoanaidarov

yoanaidarov Member+

Real Madrid
    Bulgaria
    Sep 29, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bulgaria
    Marcelo and Bale MUST leave in the summer. They MUST be sold. Enough is enough. Also, I wouldn't mind letting go Kroos, Isco and Mariano if we receive suitable offers for them. A major rebuld is required this summer.

PigBenis, W8W8, AppleBob86 and 2 others repped this.
  19. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    They way things are going i doubt we will get 50M for both.

Prit Javier repped this.
  20. yoanaidarov

yoanaidarov Member+

Real Madrid
    Bulgaria
    Sep 29, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bulgaria
    Still better than keeping them.

4x4s repped this.
  21. HZinho

HZinho Member+

Apr 2, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Yeah, don't go to another subject. I didn't say anything about De Ligt (who is a fabulous talent). I was talking about Tagliafico, who is not good enough for Real Madrid. If you really think he is, then I can already tell you we will definitely not agree on this and we can just as well stop the discussion right here.

22. Yannick Relens

Yannick Relens Member+

Real Madrid
    Belgium
    Jan 21, 2018
    I would sell Bale , Kovacic , Marcelo , Vazquez and Isco .

If possible get James back and use him as a CM. Give him some of Kroos and Modric minutes.

Get Rodrygo here . Buy Son and Militao. Find a decent LB that can defend a little for the bench.

Use Asensio as a false 9 and give VJ a lot of minutes.

23. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    I still got an itch for 4-4-2. But then what happens with Vin? Could he play as LM or behind striker in "free role"? Hm....

For example Llorente, Casemiro double pivot with Isco / Ceballos / Vin and James / Asensio wide. While upfront Benzema / Jović + Vin / Rodrygo?

24. RaMaaa

RaMaaa Member+

Feb 3, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Lucas such a spacegoat.. jeez.

25. temesgen

temesgen Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    A few weeks ago I said Marcelo is done at the highest levels, the question is does the club recognize this and are they prepared to address it this summer?

I'd prefer to have Marcelo leave before he ruins his legacy but I also understand he's been her since he was a kid and probably wants to stay.

Defensively he's a huge liability at this point and with our inability to score more goals it's too costly to use him.