Out With The Old & In With 7he New - Transfers, Rumors, & Lies Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Nathanial Essex, Sep 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    By the time these players came good all our "superstars" including Zidane were practically finished. Multiple teams buit entire squads based on us taking a nap on great talents because we thought we had it all covered.

Saeta Rubia, J-Mezzy and Deep Pal repped this.
  2. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    MiamiNative0722 and Anon. repped this.
  3. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--

Zidane05, S1na and Anon. repped this.
  4. Anon.

Anon. Member+

Sep 4, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Given our recent obscure transfer strategy, would it be too much for us to go for:
    1) Militao
    2) Hazard
    3) Eriksen
    4) A striker

Obviously with player sales too, e.g. I think one of Bale or Isco will leave.

Thoughts?...

Shay Z and Zidane05 repped this.
  5. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I think we will let Modric go if we get Eriksen. Since Modric earns 8.5 ME nett and will need to open up a starting spot. Hope Solari doesn't force Isco mentally out of the club by the time he gets sacked in summer.

temesgen and Anon. repped this.
  6. kurskolajno

kurskolajno Member

Apr 17, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    That would be a perfect summer for me. Only thing left then is a left back.

The striker options are very thin though.

Anon. repped this.
  7. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Militao - 50 ME
    Hazard - 100 ME
    Eriksen - 90-100 ME
    Jovic - 60 ME

Out:

Kovacic - 70-80 ME
    James - 45 ME(Think we don't get him back if we sign Eriksen and keep Isco. Bayern might invoke the clause to keep him or sell for profit)

Modric - 10 ME
    Mariano - 15 ME

Not sure about Benz/Bale. I'd personally keep Benz for the rotation. Flo might sell Bale if he wants Vinicius-Benz/Jovic-Hazard starting line up. But then again, only one of Eriksen/Isco can start in 4-3-3.

Anon. and Excape Goat repped this.
  8. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    Why should Jovic cost €60M?

His buyout is option is like €15M

9. Anon.

Anon. Member+

Sep 4, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I really can’t see Modric staying though, and personally don’t want him to, as odd as that sounds. He will be 34 in September, and we need some stiff competition in that spot. If we pass on Eriksen, which I hope we don’t because I think he could become a very special player here, elite, then I hope Kova shows some appetite to succeed here and shouts about it (but I’m not hopeful).
    Selling both Modric and Kova, and signing Eriksen, would be my dream, make it happen a Flo!

10. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Frankfurt has that option to make loan deal permanent. Reports are they will invoke it. And then we will have to negotiate with them. Sort of like how we bought bought back Negredo from Almeria and sold him for profit to Sevilla. I reckon Frankfurt will want that much in this inflated market.

11. AppleBob86

AppleBob86 Member+

Real Madrid
    Jan 11, 2018
    That will change if he comes here.

12. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Multiple teams, entire squads. That's like 40-50 players you wanted the club to sign, just because.

That's damn near every Damian Duff, Flourent Maluda, and Fred out there.

You can't be serious when we let guys like Etoo, Makelele and Cambiasso walk right out the door.

Deep Pal repped this.
  13. cromagnum

cromagnum Member+

Aug 13, 2007
    Because he's tearing up the Bundesliga and your bidding against Bayern who wants him.

14. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    #3589 YOUNGSTARS87, Jan 19, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2019
    I don't know why we can't come to some sort of understanding this winter window.

We badly need a finisher.

EDIT: We also need to figure out what kind of identity we are going to have in our front three. At the moment we are a mess, having middle players yet using wide attacking system... with no real finishers.

15. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Eto'o was considered uncontrollable, and when he signed for Barca a lot of people thought that he would absolutely ruin their team chemistry. It took Guardiola to bring that out of him, but eventually it did.

Makele wanted cash, it wasn't even a problem to let him go, the problem was that the guy we brought in to replace him (Vieira) had a change of heart at the airport and left us stranded. I'm not a huge Cambiasso fan so meh.

We missed out on generational talents with players like Iniesta and David Silva, while we relied on the old guard to do it. People ironically enough want the old guard out now, but apparently the old guard that eventually led the club to a historic title drought was super duper.

Again, there is no wrong time to bring in a great player in. Never.

PigBenis, Chinky24, nassar_7 and 3 others repped this.
  16. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    This would be a pretty good summer, because you're also bringing in Rodrygo. But #1 decision is the coach, because he will set the tone for how we'll utilize the players we bring in.

2Magia2, Deep Pal, Anon. and 1 other person repped this.
  17. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    Yeah because he is the one who is going to have to sort out the convoluted mess we have up front.

18. S1na

S1na Member+

Real Madrid
    Jun 1, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Didn't Vieira want higher salary? Galactico salary

Digital repped this.
  19. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    The player himself claims he had his bags packed for the medical and Wenger called him and convinced him to stay.

libertao and Ahmadi8 repped this.
  20. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    I don't think it's about that, but given how many young players we have, the coach is vital to their development. There is no point in buying all these players if you're going to have someone who has no clue how to bring them along.

Dr. MvN repped this.
  21. Ayayain

Ayayain Member+

Real Madrid
    Nov 29, 2017
    https://www.elespanol.com/elbernabe...eal-madrid-futuro-nunca-sabe/369713740_0.html

Mbappe doesn't rule out RM in the future, "you never know".

But this news seems dubious even if all spanish medias posted it.

- Its origin is GOAL Spain.
    - No trace of any of that quote/interview in french medias.

- MBappe supposeldy said "my contract is till 2021". But it is wrong, it's 2022: https://www.transfermarkt.com/kylian-mbappe/profil/spieler/342229

It would be weird for him to not even know when his contract ends.

-Reivax- repped this.
  22. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--

Zidane05, Ahmadi8 and MiamiNative0722 repped this.
  23. Ahmadi8

Ahmadi8 Member+

Apr 14, 2005
    Bahrain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    Come next year he has to be on limited minutes. I don't think he has the stamina to sustain a starter role all year. Besides the young midfielders can certainly take over more responsibility. I hope he does get his extension but doesn't have a problem with resting a few games. Similar to how Zidane limited Ronaldo's minutes.

24. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Modric is the only midfield starter not to go down with a serious injury.

Every time people predict hes on the cusp of the end, he shines and proves the doubters wrong.

I hope we don't cash in on Luka. As promising as the youngsters are, no one has his vision and class. I wouldn't be shocked if he has another 2-3 years of starting quality in him.

Stiliyan repped this.
  25. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    Don't think anyone would pay much for him anyway. For me, the choice is up to him. If he wants to stay, I'd add another year to his contract. If not, he can leave.

Saeta Rubia and MiamiNative0722 repped this.