Out With The Old & In With 7he New - Transfers, Rumors, & Lies Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Nathanial Essex, Sep 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    What are you talking about?

I get that , JL for sure wasnt blameless and the coach is defintely always goig to be fall guy if things aren't going smoothly. My point was that Solari is a downgrade but then again hindsight is 20/20.
    To be clear im not saying that things were rosy under JL, what im saying is that they're worse under Solari, keep in mind that under JL we were playing much tougher teams than we've had to under Solari .

Excape Goat repped this.
  2. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    This i agree with and i dont think there is any coach in the world that could make it work with these guys, we simply have to sell some of them and bring in fresh faces, experienced fresh faces that is since we already got the youth part covered.

3. Yannick Relens

Yannick Relens Member+

Real Madrid
    Belgium
    Jan 21, 2018
    JL was aweful. Anyone stating something else is crazy.

Nathanial Essex repped this.
  4. Nathanial Essex

Nathanial Essex Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    Mar 19, 2017
    You're obviously not remembering the record breaking goal drought.

5. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    Yep.. And until that happens spare me the Solari bashing..
    Zidane experienced the same issue and this is why he left. He knew he would not win anything with these players anymore.

6. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    These two posts are minutes apart. Jesus christ, the hypocrisy.

-Reivax-, Shay Z, 2Magia2 and 1 other person repped this.
  7. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    I do remember it very well, I’m just not attributing to JL, it’s not like we haven’t created chances during the goal drought, we did and the players failed to convert them.

Yes the players are part of the problem but Solari deserves most of the criticism he gets so no the Solari bashing won’t stop.

8. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Sacking Lope was the right move. We barely beat Plzen at home by the end of his tenure. CL qualification to next round was in jeopardy with two away games coming up against Plzen and Roma. Solari isn't much better, but we benefited from new coach effect in those games.

Deep Pal, Anon., Yannick Relens and 2 others repped this.
  9. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    and what is wrong with stating those facts when we are comparing the two managers.. It seems some here forgot how bad we were under Lopetegui so they need to be refreshed. I wouldn't say that is bashing.

I also said this when he got fired.

"I feel bad for him but he really needed to go. 9th place , 5 loses in the last 6 games.. WTF... I can’t recall the last time we were this bad."

10. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    #3535 robnycus, Jan 17, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2019
    You are holding on to a dubious stat.. At the end of the day managers are rated based on results, not on chances created, we have always been a team that misses chances.. off the top of my head we have missed a ton in these last few games.. Both Isco and Diaz had clear goal opportunities yesterday and missed.. Valverde had another one the other day..
    Against Sociedad..we were robbed of a penalty and is very probable had it been CR7 and not Vini making some of those 6 shots he had in the game at least one would have gone in..

11. Real_Raskilnikov

Real_Raskilnikov New Member

Real Madrid
    Ghana
    Jan 17, 2019
    Well we missed Piatek. He wasn’t going to be our saviour nor replacement for Ron but he could have given us more options on 9.

Do we expect any reinforcements in January still so we can at least try to get a fourth UCL This year?

12. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Three things happened that cost JL his job.

1) he was supposed to get the best out of Isco, Asensio, Lucas (and similarly Benz, Kroos, Marcelo because they fit his style/system), but that didn't happen . You could try and blame management for not getting him the player he wanted (Rodrigo) but I doubt that would have fixed this mess.

2) when plan A didn't work he didn't change things up and try new things. (As noted he was bringing in VJ and Mariano in the 89th minute instead of trying to get them meaningful minutes to integrate). At least Solari is showing some flexibility here (and to his credit during an injury crisis). This is all on JL, he had chances to get creative but chose to bang his head against the wall.

3) Dammit. I'm at work and I was interrupted and now I forgot. But our record, the classico, etc., it would have been negligent to do nothing.

Deep Pal repped this.
  13. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm hungry for transfer rumors

Deep Pal, Anon. and Yannick Relens repped this.
  14. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    It’s not a “dubious” stat in this context though. you’re trying to use the goal drought as a way to discredit JL, these stats are perfectly legitimate way of proving that said goal drought is more on the players than the coach.
    The fact that we’ve always missed chances is also on the players that missed said chances not on anyone that was coaching them at the time.

15. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    You're ok with bashing JL but not ok with bashing Solari... when the squad is the same. People are pointing out the ineptness of Solari just as they are pointing out the ineptness of JL.

But I'm sure, as always, I misunderstood.

16. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    I cut Solari some slack because he had never coached a professional team before in his life plus he is a temp.

17. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    Is that your way of saying he is South American?

18. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'll cut Solari some slack.

19. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    #3544 Shay Z, Jan 17, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2019
    I had the same thought about Julen and that maybe he should have been given the soft part of the schedule to fix things. At least with him the team was playing with some sort of structure and had some ideas even tho the results weren't coming. With Santi its...…… baffling. How can you send a team of mostly world class players (underachieving at the moment) and concede possession the way you do. Its like we have no coach which is worse than having a coach (Julen) who had good ideas but players with no hunger and desire and inefficient finishing. It's all hindsight...…. maybe Julen would have never gotten it fixed.

If it was up to me I would sell Bale, Benzema and Isco and Asensio and use that money to go on a spending spree IF good players are available. Not waste it on mediocre players. I'd rather keep our own in that case who can at least on their day produce something magical.

20. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    If Florentino isn't attempting to push Ozil out, how could slamming a door make a situation worse?

The reality is Ozil gave a first hand account of the situation; Florentino wanted him at best out of the first team so he made him uncomfortable.

If Florentino did the same with Benzema or Bale instead of always coming to their defense, backing them, etc.. they would get the hint no differently than Robben, Sneijder, etc..

The reality you guys keep trying to deny is Florentino has never wanted to part with Benzema or Bale and he thought he could sign Mbappe as a role player behind BBC.

He was badly wrong and we are paying for it.

Deep Pal repped this.
  21. temesgen

temesgen Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    A loan move Asensio to a team like Dortmund would be interesting. I'd keep Benz and Isco but sell Bale and ideally loan Mariano out. Mariano needs to be playing.

22. yoanaidarov

yoanaidarov Member+

Real Madrid
    Bulgaria
    Sep 29, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bulgaria
    Nah, Mariano’s not going out on loan. He’s past that point in his career. He’ll be 26 this year. He’ll probably leave in the summer because he won’t get a real chance to play regularly here.

23. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  24. robertocarlos3

robertocarlos3 Member+

Jan 9, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    better get something from the kitchen, because none will happen.

Edino Edinho, Anon. and MiamiNative0722 repped this.
  25. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Anon., Prit Javier and Eddie repped this.