From Casablanca to Casa Blanca - The Achraf Hakimi Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by saadomar, Jul 24, 2017.

1. saadomar

saadomar Member+

Real Madrid
    Mar 21, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    #1 saadomar, Jul 24, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2017
    I am now the conductor of the Achraf Hakimi hype train. ALL ABOARD!

It's only a matter of time because he gets promoted for good. Can't wait for him to play some more. I was very impressed with him in the friendly today, and I'm not worried about Danilol anymore. 30 Million for Danilol was a steal. This Moroccan gem will bring a solid backup to Dani Carvajal, I strongly believe in him! The standout players today in the Man Utd vs RM match was Theo and then Achraf. I think Dani Carvajal will make a great mentor, and they will make each other better because they're both Cantaneros.

The Asensio-Achraf tandem on the right is gonna be soooo sweet someday!

[​IMG]

2. saadomar

saadomar Member+

Real Madrid
    Mar 21, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    You guys wanna hear all the football pundits gushing about Achraf's performance after yesterday's game?

Managing Madrid podcast:
    https://www.managingmadrid.com/2017...odcast-right-back-options-pre-season-and-more

ESPN FC columnist for Manchester United Mark Ogden:
    http://www.espnfc.us/blog/the-match...madrid-on-penalties-in-uefa-super-cup-tune-up

Say it with me guys! HYPE! HYPE! HYPE!

temesgen, -Reivax-, raven3k and 3 others repped this.
  3. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    shit thread title

First time i saw this guy play, i was pretty impressed.

4. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    Good performance. Kid seems ready. All that panic about needing to buy a RB for nothing. He handled Pogba in a battle of strength as well.

Then there is Marca who said we want to send him on loan. Ha

5. .halamadrid2.

.halamadrid2. Member+

Nov 5, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Tbh these kids all handled themselves physically against the tough UTD players. While Bale was getting outmuscled by Bailey and Lucas by Jones, Oscar took on Fellaini, Gomez took on Smalling and Hakimi Pogba not to mention our CBs who took Lukaku out of the game. Very impressed, and with Carvajal's injury record he should get plenty of playing time and if for any reason Zidane wants to go with the tried and trusted there is Nacho who could easily fill in

Very excited for the new season

saadomar, S1na and yoanaidarov repped this.
  6. Ahmadi8

Ahmadi8 Member+

Apr 14, 2005
    Bahrain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    Needs to work on his crossing but I don't doubt he'll get better. Keep him, he can contribute this year.

7. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    He looks physically ready. Turning 19 in November. Danilo only impressed me against lower table teams like Granada so having Hakimi as back up is a no brainer. Very good technically and doesn't make dumb decisions either.

8. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    Hard to tell from a preseason game. Still think he'll be better off spending a full year as a starter.

-Reivax-, Anon., RMSocrates and 2 others repped this.
  9. russian hattie

russian hattie Member+

Feb 5, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Is fantastic to have another cantera coming through of his quality.

My only issue with promoting him now is that we also have a new young left back and a new young centre back. Our back up in defence in very inexperienced. I'd love him to come straight into the team though and prove himself without going on loan.

10. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    And IMO you just cannot beat experience no matter how good a player you may be, especially at this level, may work one or two games but consistently it will be a bit of a struggle I think, a blend of both is what works best obviously, my two cents

11. xRamos4

xRamos4 Member+

May 14, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    A lot of people wanted to keep Llorente after watching him for a couple minutes last preseason. Look how his loan spell at Alaves turned out? I'd much rather let the kid develop and come back a more finished product than have him hang around the bench and regress like Jese.

12. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    We don't even need him to develop that fast because we have Carvajal. He'd still get plenty of time because Carvajal gets injured frequently. It's a no-brainer; he stays if we're intelligent.

S1na, Hsain85, djak_24 and 3 others repped this.
  13. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--

14. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    Translation: We didn't know Archaf was that good and composed at such an age, so we're retracting that false story we invented about the club wanting to loan Archaf out for Tejero who didn't even play a minute at RB.

Crimson repped this.
  15. .halamadrid2.

.halamadrid2. Member+

Nov 5, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Tejero is excellent too. Like Nacho he can play across the back four. Whichever of those two stays with the first team will do a better job than Danilo, so I am not too fussed

16. -Reivax-

-Reivax- Member+

Aug 10, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Agreed. As much as I believe in Achraf, a one-year loan to a team like Alaves would be better for his development.

17. MaxY

MaxY Member+

May 24, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I really hate things like "mocking nicknames" in football. Like Barca,Uefalona, La Liga Uncle Florentino, Pessi, Crynaldo etc. It just feels so cringy,childish and down-right stupid. You're making fun of a player who earns more weekly than you probably do yearly.

18. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    This.... And the time is now. Kid has talent and we can make do without him this coming year as Nacho can do a wonderful job there when needed. Lets say we keep him as backup and he gets few mins. Next season, for his progression, we loan or sell with buyback but at that time maybe Nacho wants to go elsewhere for a bigger role, he ain't no young pup and we've seen plenty of faithful, loyal players move on for a bigger payday or regular first team football once they've done the backup winning titles etc thing with us. At that point we'll have to sign a replacement if we want to send Achraf out for first team mins. Right now we can help his progression with no cost to us.

I think a loan to a decent club in Primera or elsewhere, is the way to go for him this season.

9Qui and Zidane05 repped this.
  19. kweyork

kweyork Member

Apr 26, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    if we have the space to accommodate his development why not?

zidane saw it fit for Asensio - to prevent his loan spell, if zidane believes in him then he should stay in order to understand our playing style, that he can't learn on loan as it seems he has the fundamentals down right now.

20. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    #20 Shay Z, Jul 24, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2017
    Nobody can look into the future but I would think that playing week in week out at a decent club would do his development a lot of good as compared to just spotty mins in the initial rounds of the Copa with us.

edit: @saadomar , I edited the thread title. Better if we don't remember one of our ex players, who from all indications, was a good dude and tried his best for the shirt out on the pitch, by a nickname like that. I'm sure you'll agree.

-Reivax-, Doni, S1na and 2 others repped this.
  21. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    Asensio played a full year at Espanyol the year prior though.

FigoIsGod, Doni, 9Qui and 1 other person repped this.
  22. Ahmadi8

Ahmadi8 Member+

Apr 14, 2005
    Bahrain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    Hope he goes the Nacho route. Not every player of ours needs to be loaned.
    There is a need in the squad. We have a player that seems capable to fill the role, hand it to him and see how he does.

Carvajal I believe never needed that loan to Germany. Every week I saw him play gave me regret the move and thought Mourinho was stupid to let him leave.

S1na repped this.
  23. Real__Madrid

Real__Madrid Member+

Aug 29, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    What is clear is that we are currently missing a defender. Whether its Tejero or Achraf we should be okay I guess. We shouldn't forget that its not easy to succeed in Real Madrid, especially if you're part of the back four. He needs experience in the first division, Alaves would be ideal for him, or Germany.

Long term though, its definitely Achraf.

24. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    Took Nacho quite a while to be where he is today. He wasn't a capable or reliable option when he first got promoted and struggled at times. He really broke through 2 years ago.

25. FigoIsGod

FigoIsGod Member

Jan 16, 2005
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    A one year loan to a club where he features week-in and week-out, becoming a focal point in the team and working on his defending, would be the best route to go.

I would love him to be a key player for an Alaves or Leganes, needing to defend strongly against top opposition. He won't get that here, at least not this season. Let him experience regular, first team football.