our ref.....michael kennedy (info please)

Discussion in 'New England Revolution' started by Rev-eler, Sep 19, 2002.

1. Rev-eler

Rev-eler Member

Feb 13, 2000
    San Francisco
    anyone got the scoop on our rev for 9/21? which one is he?

just thankful we didn't draw gus st. silva (col/kc) or kevin stott (la/sj). tonight's dc/dal ref did the wusa finals and has been relatively solid in mls matches...i coulda' been happy with that.

on a weekend in which all your on-field sins will be washed clean (caution pts start over for playoffs)....guys like st. silva and stott shouldn't be doing relatively high pressure matches, imo. especially ones between natural rivals....playing for the 2nd time in 7/8 days no less.

2. Popero

Popero Member

Jul 5, 2002
    CT
    *grumbles about Ralston*

3. Jacen McCullough

Nov 23, 1998
    Maryland

Have you seen the Metro stats with Stott? You should be begging for the man. The Metros have lost 6 of 7 games in the last 2 years reffed by Stott, and Stott has sent off 4 Metros this season, with 3 of the reds being questionable (including Ramos' 1st red in his MLS career.)

I don't know anything about Kennedy, but in MLS ref terms, if we've never heard his name, that has to be a good thing.

JMac

4. JohnnyRev

JohnnyRev Member

Feb 23, 2001
    Boston, MA
    I think Kennedy is that little short guy who reffed the Revs v. Chicago game that was the second half of the US Holland doubleheader. I was not impressed.

The Ref at last nights DC Dallas game did a good job. I expected the game to be real nasty, but it wasn't that bad. Only a few yellows, although I don't know why Brian Namoff didn't get a yellow or a red for the deliberate hand ball in the box.

5. patfan1

patfan1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 19, 1999
    Nashua, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Kevin Terry was the man in the middle for that match.

Michael Kennedy has done 2 Revs games this year.

@ NY, 03/23, L 3-1
    SJ, 06/01, L 2-0

Monty

6. George Griffin

George Griffin New Member

Feb 18, 1999
    Prince Edward Island
    Well if the conventional wisdom holds true, being it's on our home field, their will be loud Rev fan support and the sober professional behavior of the Rev players vice the mouthy behavior of the Mutts we should be able to get reasonably supportive calls.