Our new head coach is Alexander Zorniger

Discussion in 'VfB Stuttgart' started by el americano, May 28, 2015.

1. el americano

el americano Moderator
    Staff Member

United States
    Jun 9, 2006
    San Francisco
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks again to Huub, who came in a second time to steady the ship, just moments before it would have capsized. He had the team playing hard even before the results finally turned around and VfB pulled off the great escape.

So, here's the new guy: http://www.bundesliga.com/en/liga/news/2014/0000321140.php

It looks like he hasn't been a head coach at this level. I always thought that teams should pay more for their coaches. It's a fraction of what the players are getting, and it can have a much bigger impact. Especially for a club that would like to stop flirting with relegation, someone who has experience in building a successful program would seem to be just what the doctor ordered. That type of foundation can last beyond the tenure of a recognized, experienced coach. Maybe none of those want to work in Stuttgart.

Anyway, I won't call it a bust. Maybe they see some talent in him. Besides, where we more often slip up is in signing new players. Not much pressure next year. Just have to end in the top half. Welcome, Alexander!

Winoman repped this.
  2. Potato Head

Potato Head Member

Jul 12, 2014
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart
    If we were always going to go with an unproven guy from the lower divisions I would have preferred Markus Kauczinski, who's KSC team is 90 minutes away from taking Hamburg's Bundesliga spot. They were in the third division when he took over, with a much smaller budget than Leipzig.

el americano and Winoman repped this.
  3. Winoman

Winoman Drinkin' Wine Spo-De-O-De!

Jul 26, 2000
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I finally have some wifi! ** I don't know anything about Zorniger, but management needs to start paying more than kleingeld for coaches and players.

I understand that stadium renovations don't come cheap, but how long do they have to low-ball coaches and players, before it's paid off?

** I am on a camping trip, and 4G and wifi have been sketchy, at best.

Oveki8 repped this.
  4. Winoman

Winoman Drinkin' Wine Spo-De-O-De!

Jul 26, 2000
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    el americano repped this.
  5. el americano

el americano Moderator
    Staff Member