Other teams thread [R]

Discussion in 'Iraq' started by Suren01, Jun 10, 2016.

1. Suren01

Suren01 Member+

Apr 9, 2012
    Netherlands
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    Post everything related to other teams in this thread.

2. Suren01

Suren01 Member+

Apr 9, 2012
    Netherlands
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    France currently 0-0 against Romania. Opening match of EURO 2016.

3. Suren01

Suren01 Member+

Apr 9, 2012
    Netherlands
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    France 2-1 Romania FT! Well deserved win :)

Iraqipower repped this.
  4. Iraqipower

Iraqipower Member

Oct 20, 2015
    What a goal from payet!

5. Yas-The-Gunner

Aug 2, 2006
    London
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    Payet was amazing in that match. Just look at this: https://gfycat.com/GrandioseHonestBluegill. Amazing control, skill and no look pass all in one move.

Also, some interesting recent results from teams in our WCQ group:

Australia 1-2 England
    Australia 1-0 Greece
    Australia 1-2 Greece
    Japan 7-2 Bulgaria
    Japan 1-2 Bosnia
    UAE 1-3 Jordan
    UAE 0-1 Syria
    Thailand 2-2 Syria
    Thailand 2-0 Jordan

I'm guessing that UAE wasn't using a full strength squad for these games because it is surprising that they lost both matches, but I don't know for sure.

6. Suren01

Suren01 Member+

Apr 9, 2012
    Netherlands
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    Argentina 5-0 Panama

Messi came off the bench and scored an hattrick!!

7. Suren01

Suren01 Member+

Apr 9, 2012
    Netherlands
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    Switzerland 1-0 Albania

8. Suren01

Suren01 Member+

Apr 9, 2012
    Netherlands
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    Wales 2-1 Slovakia

9. Suren01

Suren01 Member+

Apr 9, 2012
    Netherlands
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    England 1-1 Russia

10. iraqiwarrior

iraqiwarrior Member

Mar 25, 2016
    do you know where I can watch the games on?

11. Suren01

Suren01 Member+

Apr 9, 2012
    Netherlands
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    I'm watching it on a Dutch channel, but I think ESPN and almost every sport channel is showing it (BeIN Sports)

Iraqipower repped this.
  12. Iraqipower

Iraqipower Member

Oct 20, 2015
    I think beIN is showing the copa and euro games on some of their newer channels called beIN MAX 1-4

Suren01 repped this.
  13. Iraqilambo

Iraqilambo Member

Aug 15, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Haven't been following the Euros mainly because of work, but the Copa America has been very entertaining. I think Messi will finally get a major trophy for Argentina, they've looked like the strongest team so far. Mexico and Colombia have looked strong as well, but Argentina's on another level. Hopefully Higuain can bring some of the the magic he had with Napoli this past season.

My only problem with the Copa is the fact that the Centennial is in the US and several North American teams are in it. It's such an obvious cash grab and I hate seeing teams competing in continental cups that they don't belong to. I'd have been fine with just Mexico and Costa Rica being added since they're close to the South Americans in terms of culture and proximity, but adding the likes of USA, Jamaica, etc. is too much.

Suren01 repped this.
  14. iraqiwarrior

iraqiwarrior Member

Mar 25, 2016
    Mexico got skunked 7-0, didn't watch the match. I expected Mexico to win

Iraqipower repped this.
  15. Iraqipower

Iraqipower Member

Oct 20, 2015
    I was expecting chile to win, but this was a white wash.

16. Ereshkigal

Ereshkigal Member

Jan 25, 2015
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    The Euros has been boring. After the 7 - 0 loss to Mexico seems like the better tournament was over there.

Here is my predictions. Spain or Italy to take the EC this year. England will choke like they always, France has been pretty bad considering the amount of talent in their squad and Germany..

Well Germany something just tell me they won't win it. It also doesn't help that Reus got injured and Gotze is being played even though he's been utter rubbish. They also lack a good striker and Muller really hasn't turned up. Another player who's been pretty disappointing is Ozil, who at a club level is the best AM in the world imo.

Suren01 repped this.
  17. Iraqilambo

Iraqilambo Member

Aug 15, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Mexico was outlcassed from the beginning. Chile have better players all over the pitch. Didn't help though that Mexico was missing Marquez + their coach has been playing player out of position. He played an inexperienced left winger on the right and started an underperforming rb to play against Sanchez, Vargas and Vidal. 4 of chile's goals came from that side. Another thing is that Mexico's back 4 had never played together until that night.

Mexico vs Chile showed how important continuity is in a national team. Coaches can't afford to keep experimenting all the time.

18. iraqiwarrior

iraqiwarrior Member

Mar 25, 2016
    I personally did not watch the matches, so was the coach expermenting that game?

19. Suren01

Suren01 Member+

Apr 9, 2012
    Netherlands
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    Spain to take it all once again

Iraqilambo repped this.
  20. Iraqilambo

Iraqilambo Member

Aug 15, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan
    He's been playing around with his starting line up from the moment he arrived as Mexico's coach. It's kind of his trademark since he did that as well when he was coaching his club teams in the past. Rotating players around like that can be useful at the club level because then the players can learn to play in different ways and adapt to opposing teams, but it doesn't work at the national level because you don't get enough games for the players to learn the different styles of play.

Against Chile he made many changes to the previous games which left players uncomfortable in their positions.

For example Layun in his last 4 games has played as a LB, RB, LM and RM.

Mexico rotated too much and the players played to many different positions and never got the chance to settle and build some chemistry with each other.

Another major problem was Marquez on the bench. He's old but he's massively important for them, he is to Mexico what Younis Mahmoud was to us for the past few years. He provides stability in midfield, he can run, he can defend very well and he can get the ball forward to start attacks from midfield they don't have another DM like him. He couldn't play because he went on a round trip to Mexico and back for the birth of his child, so he wasn't fit to play.

All of this + the fact that Chile simply has a more talented team with world class talent (Vidal, Sanchez, Claudio Bravo) is the reason for the huge scoreline.

Suren01 repped this.
  21. Iraqilambo

Iraqilambo Member

Aug 15, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Either Spain or Italy I think.

Germany's good, but they haven't looked convincing at all and France are underperforming as usual.

Would be hilarious if Italy wins since Conte, the stubborn fool left some of the best Italian players out of the team. It's ridiculous that he didn't bring Antonelli, Bonaventura, Sansone, Romagnoli, Rossi, and Donnarumma, while the likes of Marchetti, Giacherrini, Eder, Ogbonna, Parolo, De Sciglio all made the squad.

22. Suren01

Suren01 Member+

Apr 9, 2012
    Netherlands
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    Anyway it just shows that 24 teams on a tournament is too much. All those minnows are playing ultra defensive football. It kills the fun and quality of the tournament.

23. Iraqilambo

Iraqilambo Member

Aug 15, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Yeah the Euro's haven't been as entertaining as I had hoped. I think part of the problem is that Europe lacks attacking talent who have flair. There aren't enough players that can create something from nothing.

copa america has been much more entertaining. Would have been even better with a full power Brazil at the tournament.

Suren01 repped this.
  24. Iraqilambo

Iraqilambo Member

Aug 15, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan
    USA finally out of the Copa America. They got completely outclassed by Argentina. If they wanted, Argentina could have easily scored a few more goals. US didn't manage to even take a single shot. Looked like a training match for Argentina. Colombia vs Chile should be a good game. Hopefully Messi wins the Cup for Argentina.

Iraqipower repped this.
  25. iraqiwarrior

iraqiwarrior Member

Mar 25, 2016
    Messi retires from international football.