Other Teams ** Only Italy ** [R]

Discussion in 'AS Roma' started by DDR, Feb 19, 2013.

1. Insigne4BalonD'or

SSC Napoli
    Italy
    Apr 6, 2017
    In Hiding with Sal's mom
    Falvo not for anything but just stop with that argument. That's like saying no one cares about the Premier League when Leicester won the league.

Seriously, it's getting bad now

2. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    #34877 falvo, May 6, 2019
    Last edited: May 6, 2019
    Dude, I’m not arguing so why so defensive? I’ve posted many times in this thread alone I like the way Gasperini has them playing. I don’t know their players but that’s not only me. Even the domenica sportiva was saying the same thing yesterday I believe. I’m just saying an Atalanta in the champions league won’t be good for Italy or the Serie A. Nothing like having a Roma, Juve , Inter or Milan in it. Why is that a bad thing to post? Do you remember or even care when Chievo made it and got relegated the next year? They were never the same and that ruined them. Let’s not even mention Parma who fraudulently bought their way into it with crooked Calisto Tanzi’s Parmalat. Last I checked, he is still in jail and they just made their way back up from the fourth division in the last three years. They imploded because of what he did.

Again as I posted , I’d love to see them or any underdog team for that matter, win it all but knowing Italy , such a club will crash out badly and it could very well hurt them in the long run. That is an almost proven fact and with Italy still in a recession, it’s not good for the economy either. Yes contrary to popular belief and whether you know it or not , top successful sports teams in Italy move markets. A top winning team, will do wonders for the Italian economy.

Also, I just got off the phone with my cousins in Southern Italy and they had their flags out parading after Milan won. My other cousin couldn’t sleep because Lazio lost.

AC Milan 2-1 Bologna: Three sent off as Gattuso's side keep alive ...

3. L'immortale

L'immortale Red Card

Italy
    Nov 13, 2017
    Retired
    [​IMG]

4. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Wow, Romanisti defending a thug side that may very well take the last CL spot from their team. Have you guys lost all self-esteem, especially you Sal?

Rossonero23 and Il Ciuccio repped this.
  5. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Destro scored as a substitute.....

6. Hustle and Flow

Hustle and Flow Member+

Roma
    Feb 19, 2018
    Canada
    lol, what the fcuk did I just spend 10 minutes reading?

Serie A needs more clubs run like Atalanta. They are shining light in Italy on how to build a proper sustainable program without just tossing around millions upon millions. Look at the names they've sold and supplied the bigger clubs, yet they keep replacing them and improving. Not to mention they play an attractive/modern style of football whilst incorporating youth.

Maybe if more clubs were run like Atalanta in Italy, the league wouldn't be in the state it is. Well-run programs should be praised and rewarded.

If anyone deserves CL, it's them.

Haakon24, mancini30, shiboboo and 4 others repped this.
  7. nguoiaoden

nguoiaoden Member

Feb 3, 2015
    Club:
    AS Roma
  8. Java65

Java65 Member+

Oct 2, 2012
    North Carolina
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    7 of the 12 came when; A) Juve was relegated and B) the demise of ACM and Inter. Before that time.. not much.

9. Rossonero23

Rossonero23 Member+

Sep 9, 2010
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Giampaolo Pazzini

Rosay repped this.
  10. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    A few more goals by him and Verona might make the promotion play-offs! :thumbsup:

11. Shen-O

Shen-O Member+

United States
    Jul 26, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Milan Baros

Rossonero23 repped this.
  12. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Parma -Parmalat with their susperstar team and Fiorentina with Antognoni are the only smaller clubs on that list.....

13. DOctore13

DOctore13 Member

Jul 19, 2013
    Club:
    AS Roma
    That'd still be 5 which would put us at 3rd, or tied for 2nd if you want to discredit Roma's 2nd place finish during Milan's lean years then you'd need to discredit Napoli as well.

14. Shen-O

Shen-O Member+

United States
    Jul 26, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Deal!

15. Java65

Java65 Member+

Oct 2, 2012
    North Carolina
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm not trying to discredit any team. I'm just pointing out, historically, Roma are not a club that are routinely challenging for the scudetto.

Unless something drastic happens no club in Italy is going to compete with Juve in the foreseeable future. Roma, Napoli, Inter, ACM plus some upstart team each year are going to battle for 2nd, 3rd and 4th

16. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    After Messi and Barca's loss yesterday, I'm really wondering if someone in Italy will make a play for Messi? He is turning 32 next month so if there was ever a time to move on, it is now.

Other than the obvious choices of Milan and Inter, maybe Roma or Napoli? It’s not too far out of the ordinary when you consider no one would have thought or believed Ronaldo will have left Real for Juve at this point last year. Three months later he was gone...

17. Hustle and Flow

Hustle and Flow Member+

Roma
    Feb 19, 2018
    Canada
    No.

18. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    #34893 falvo, May 8, 2019
    Last edited: May 8, 2019
    No one ever thought CR7 would leave last year either. He is 32 and sooner or later, his time will be up. If I were them, I'd sell him while they can get something for him. Barcelona will always be a top, winning team. they were before Messi got there and I’m sure they will be after he is gone.

I'm not saying it will happen but I can see it. If Ronaldo could leave, I'm sure Messi can too.

19. Calcio Pauly

Calcio Pauly Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Who's going to pay over €100m for him? Maybe Juve can unite Ronaldo and Messi? ;)

Rossonero23 and La Magica repped this.
  20. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    #34895 falvo, May 8, 2019
    Last edited: May 8, 2019
    I think Ronaldo and Messi hate each other....

21. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    The sombrero logo did not last long.

[​IMG]

22. DOctore13

DOctore13 Member

Jul 19, 2013
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Of course. I saw another poster compare AS Roma with Ajax. Ajax has won as many CL as we have won the Serie A. On no planet are we that level of club. We are comfortably behind the stripes. But, as a capital club if ran appropriately there is no reason why we can’t begin to compete with them year in, year out.

The minimal amount they spent on Messi they probably made back in his first season in la liga. They’ve probably banked hundreds of millions of dollars off of him and there is nobody they could bring in with the money they receive from selling him that 1. They can’t already afford and 2. Would bring them what he has.

23. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Barca will always make money. As time passes , pretty soon he will be 33, 34 and 35. I doubt he will carry them at that advanced age. He has already been eliminated in successive years by Roma last year and Liverpool this season so he isn't invincible. Messi himself already has been in talks with Beckham about possibly going to Miami so it could happen sooner or later and everyone has their price.

24. Midfield General

Jun 14, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Is that for real? Hilarious. Looks like the logo of an early 1980's public broadcasting television program.

Calcio Pauly, La Magica and whill4 repped this.
  25. DOctore13

DOctore13 Member

Jul 19, 2013
    Club:
    AS Roma
    There’s no way an MLS team could afford the fee for Messi.

He could leave when his contract is up and he may but Barcelona has no reason to sell him