Other Teams ** Only Italy ** [R]

Discussion in 'AS Roma' started by DDR, Feb 19, 2013.

1. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma

And obviously inproving as the years go by. He is an all rounder type which i dont think thats helps him stand out right now as opposed to simeone like under who has many weaknesses but he can rattle a shot or beat a few guys and it covers him more so.

2. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  3. L'immortale

L'immortale Red Card

Italy
    Nov 13, 2017
    Retired
    La Magica repped this.
  4. Salmeen10

Salmeen10 Member+

Jan 10, 2014
    Bahrain
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    Remember when Inter were the strongest team in the league [emoji849]

Haakon24 and Hustle and Flow repped this.
  5. Hustle and Flow

Hustle and Flow Member+

Roma
    Feb 19, 2018
    Canada
    Same story every season. Inter's moves are great , ours suck.

I wish Roma fans would get behind their team , but they'd rather freak out and blame everyone in sight whilst promoting our competitors.

Haakon24 and shiboboo repped this.
  6. whill4

whill4 Moderator
    Staff Member

AS Roma
    Sep 11, 2011
    Returning Video Tapes
    Club:
    New York City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dumb from Spalletti to rest as many players as he did. He’s not going to last long if he has to bench his entire attack before mid week games.

Starting Keita as the lone striker :confused:

7. Hustle and Flow

Hustle and Flow Member+

Roma
    Feb 19, 2018
    Canada
    Really enjoy this Fiorentina side.

So much promising talent. Nice to see an Italian club of their size build a sustainable project with youth.

Shen-O repped this.
  8. whill4

whill4 Moderator
    Staff Member

AS Roma
    Sep 11, 2011
    Returning Video Tapes
    Club:
    New York City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I’ve already said it before, but I have no idea how Gerson failed under two managers. He’s had more successful passes today than Pellegrini had all of last season. Even on the defensive side he’s won multiple balls already.

9. Hustle and Flow

Hustle and Flow Member+

Roma
    Feb 19, 2018
    Canada
    ....you have no idea?

You do realize how hard it is to play in Rome as a kid , right? Now imagine that kid is shy/introverted , and joined a club that had a coach that didn't want him. His confidence was shattered (he admitted so) that first season. Spalletti tossed him out against Juve , and he never recovered.

Then, when he does have a manager that likes him, he has to contend with a midfield that has Radja,Strootman,De Rossi, Gonalons, Pellegrini in it. To play, he has to be played out of position and usually as a sub. EDF has to win every week too, so it's not like he's able to take risks with kids unless he has to.

Must've done wonders for his confidence to know he'd be a starting CM from day 1 at Fiorentina , and would be allowed to grow/play through his mistakes. He also wouldn't have the ludicrous expectations placed on him by Roma fans expecting him to instantly be amazing and for the team to win every single week.

That's why shit like this happens over and over.

Haakon24, shiboboo, Java65 and 2 others repped this.
  10. Java65

Java65 Member+

Oct 2, 2012
    North Carolina
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    At some point the manager needs to take control of his club and develop his young players and live through their mistakes. I'd have more patience with our performance if our MF was Pellegrini, Cristante, Coric and a young DM. Instead we are hanging our hat on old and slow... DDR, N'Zonzi, Pastore. So if EDF wants to ride the veterans then, as a fan, I'm going to have no patience. Even last year our MF struggled with veterans like DDR, Strootman, Ninja.

Give me Pellegrini and Cristante as our core MF and I'll be ok with poor performances while they develop. I get they can't start every game but I'd make it clear to those 2 they will play regularly regardless of poor outings here and there.

11. whill4

whill4 Moderator
    Staff Member

AS Roma
    Sep 11, 2011
    Returning Video Tapes
    Club:
    New York City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    EDF took plenty of chances last season with rotating fringe players. So I think he does deserve some level of blame. Especially failing in finding his position, which Pioli did day 1. The kid is clearly super talented, and it’s just surprising no one but Saba seemed to see it.

Everything else is spot on

12. FireTrapatoni

FireTrapatoni Member+

AS Roma
    Italy
    Jun 17, 2004
    Could see that coming..............Fiorentina was dead with fatigue and manager only had made one sub

13. Hustle and Flow

Hustle and Flow Member+

Roma
    Feb 19, 2018
    Canada
    You know, as well as anyone else, that top 4 is crucial. You cannot blame EDF for prioritizing veterans. His job is on the line. It's easy for us to say "let the kids play through their mistakes" , but when your boss and the majority of fans are demanding wins every week , it's not so simple. EDF doesn't have the CV or cache to demand the respect it would take to do that. Nor do I think James would back him if things got really sticky.

You're asking the manager to solve a problem that existed long before he was here. This is more a Roma thing , than an EDF thing. EDF doesn't make Roma fans insanely harsh/impatient with youth. EDF doesn't make the fans lap up the media's poisonous bile. EDF doesn't make fans create signs wanting Monchi out after a week 3 loss.

I cringe every time I see people writing off Pellegrini already , because it's the same old song and dance from Roma fans. We're doing this to ourselves.

And worse , I think some of our fans enjoy the chaos. They want Roma to be a soap opera. It's fcuking weird to me.

14. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Non c’è vita senza la lirica diceva mio nonno lol

15. Java65

Java65 Member+

Oct 2, 2012
    North Carolina
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't disagree with any of your points in this post of the previous one, my point is that we know the MF combo's we have been seeing have not been great and they haven't been for a few years. If your MF is going to struggle then you might as well go with youth because there is a chance they will improve.

16. Hustle and Flow

Hustle and Flow Member+

Roma
    Feb 19, 2018
    Canada
    Sounds like we'll be seeing at least 2 kids in the midfield tomorrow , so fingers crossed it goes well.

17. L'immortale

L'immortale Red Card

Italy
    Nov 13, 2017
    Retired
    1041052095196090369 is not a valid tweet id

When the fcuk did Defrel turn into Mahrez?

18. whill4

whill4 Moderator
    Staff Member

AS Roma
    Sep 11, 2011
    Returning Video Tapes
    Club:
    New York City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    These Samp kits are giving me early MLS vibes. Those collars.

19. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Small team vs big team. It’s different he looks great for Samp but put him on a larger platform And you’ll probably find what you got at Roma.

Verdi is looking like that kind of player now as well.

20. whill4

whill4 Moderator
    Staff Member

AS Roma
    Sep 11, 2011
    Returning Video Tapes
    Club:
    New York City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Another brace for Defrel

21. Salmeen10

Salmeen10 Member+

Jan 10, 2014
    Bahrain
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    Defrel 4 Dzeko 1.

22. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    This is true to an extent, the key is finding those guys who will keep excelling. The ones with the brains to be able to work at a higher level where space becomes less as teams park the bus the entire game. So it becomes a game thats basically played in a 3rd of the pitch. We learned a valuable lesson with Iturbe.

Defrel however it still an unknown quantity because he never got a start at CF. For me however he has the brain, decent link up play, good timing of runs and his finishing ratio to shot is exceptional. Enough in his locker to make that step up. It just depends at this stage whether he gets that chance given his age.

Java65 repped this.
  23. Hustle and Flow

Hustle and Flow Member+

Roma
    Feb 19, 2018
    Canada
    Think Conte would work for Inter?

24. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Trap did so why not?

25. phat

phat Viking

Feb 13, 2006
    Montreal
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    So did Lippi but neither played for Juve as a footballer.