News: Other Teams - WC 2022 / International Edition (R)

Discussion in 'Germany: National Teams' started by Cris 09, Sep 6, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    MatthausSammer repped this.
  2. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    904443947656904709 is not a valid tweet id

Cris 09 and MatthausSammer repped this.
  3. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    904430007359025152 is not a valid tweet id

4. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Thomas Delaney is world class

5. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
  6. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
  7. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    All Ecuador had to do is beat Peru at home in Quito and they were 'in' based on Argentina with a tie against Venezuela at home in Buenos Aires, Chile with another loss against Bolivia as well as Paraguay losing to Uruguay at home. Frustrating as it looks like there is no World Cup 2018 for Ecuador. Every other result, which would usually be very unlikely in most scenarios favored Ecuador.

8. Rosebud

Rosebud Member+

Aug 5, 2012
    Chicago, IL, USA
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Not to get too Trumpy, but if the Czech & Slovakian NTs played as one again...god damn could they put together an insanely talented midfield between Schick & Skriniar

4-3-2-1
    Schick
    Jankto/Duda - Hamsik
    Jankto/Benes - Lobotka
    Darida
    Kaderabek - Skriniar - Kalas/Suchy - Pekarik
    Vaclik

Bench:
    Vydra, Krecji, Mak, Cerny, Duda/Benes, Kucka, Zmrhal, Sykora, Kalas/Suchy, Brabec, Cech/Koubek

3-4-2-1
    Schick
    Jankto/Duda - Hamsik
    Krecji - Jankto/Lobotka - Darida - Kaderabek
    Skriniar - Kalas/Suchy - Pekarik
    Vaclik

Bench:
    Vydra, Mak, Cerny, Duda/Lobotka, Benes, Kucka, Zmrhal, Sykora, Kalas/Suchy, Brabec, Cech/Koubek​

9. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Decent options but IMO only Hamsik, Jankto, and Darida stand out right now from those midfielders. Cerny looks promising but still raw. I've actually found Duda a bit disappointing so far since joining Hertha. He was pretty much injured all of last season and is finally starting to get healthy.

While guys like Vydra and Kalas have wasted so much time being loaned back and forth in the English second division.

Gotta say that Sampdoria did a great job scouting both Schick and Skriniar though.

In terms of Serie A, I think one of the best midfielders who doesn't often get recognized is Piotr Zielinski from Napoli.

10. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
  11. Rosebud

Rosebud Member+

Aug 5, 2012
    Chicago, IL, USA
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Lobotka is a very nifty player and I love Benes' skills. It's such a shame he got injured because that left foot is simply magic.

Duda hasn't played enough with hertha to be judged on what he's done for them yet. He's shown some very nifty skills with their NT & U21team tho.

Cerny needs to look for a move if he can't start getting PT for Ajax this season, with his skills he needs to be playing.

12. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Slovakia are still in a pretty close battle in their group for WC qualifiers, but I think they'll end up beating Slovenia and Scotland for second place. Vladimir Weiss always seems to be someone who's mentioned during international matches and stands out as a big tournament player. Shame he's pretty much wasted his career playing in the desert.

Cerny is finally getting a more active role at Ajax this season which is a positive. But the Czechs have already squandered their chance for 2018. Maybe they'll fair better for Euros 2020 when their other kids like Schick and Jankto continue to grow up.

13. Rosebud

Rosebud Member+

Aug 5, 2012
    Chicago, IL, USA
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I'm rooting for Slovakia as my cousin's longterm BF is from there and if my cousin is smart she'll marry his ass lol. But they are a team for whom every goal that's actually scored is a struggle so I'm very anxious about their qualifying campaign. Even with Hamsik, Kucka and all of those talented kids in the midfield.

I'm worried that even if this next generation make good on all of their potential that the Slovaks will be trapped by their lack of strikers the way Croatia was before Mandzukic. Because I love Benes & Skriniar, rate Lobotka very highly, and was very impressed with Duda's play for their NT & U21s...before the injury(ies?) that has(have?) hindered his time at Hertha. Weiss & Mak are both extremely speedy wingers with nice but not top class technical skills, and tons of heart, so they can burn a team on the counter, but they aren't the guys for that midfield to feed in the final third in lieu of any quality forwards.

I'm hoping Cerny can run with his chances this year because I'd love for the czechs to get back to being a regular tourney team; as even now they try to promote such a positive style of football and Darida is one of my favorite players to focus in on.

They have some nice pieces to build their team around with Schick, Jankto, and Darida; with some nifty supporting pieces in Krecji, Kaderabek, Suchy & Kalas; but they need another difference maker around Schick up front, and there's still too many spots that are just adequately filled (at best) for them to make it to the WC. Though they could be a fun team at the expanded Euros when something like this has matured:

Krecji - Schick - Cerny
    Zmrhal - Jankto - Darida - Kaderabek
    Suchy* - Kalas - Brabec*
    Vaclik

*Lüftner/Soucek/Chalus
    -------------------------------------------
    Schick - Cerny*
    Krecji/Zmrhal - Jankto - Darida** - Kaderabek
    Darida/Soucek
    Suchy*** - Kalas - Brabec***
    Vaclik

*Pullkrab/Barak/Mihalik
    **Barak/Sacek/Cermak
    ***Lüftner/Soucek/Chalus​

Epitome990 repped this.
  14. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
  15. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
  16. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
  17. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Looks like the Slovaks just blew a big chance after losing to Scotland today. They screwed themselves after Mak got ejected early in the match. Also agree about their lack of attack. Adam Nemec has no business being a starter at any point.

18. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    LOL, Argentina who we beat in the last 3 consecutive WC are now out of the the top 4+playoff spot as they are in 6th place with one game left.:cry::D:ROFLMAO:

for all their talents they are flopping. Coach isn't even using Dybala and Icardi. What a moron.

Boandlkramer, Alex C and Epitome990 repped this.
  19. Alex C

Alex C Member+

Oct 27, 2015
    Chatham
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    The South American qualifying is very close between 3-7, only 2 points separate the teams. If Argentina win in Ecuador then they are guaranteed play off minimum, but that match will be at high altitude and not easy. Chile also have it tough, as they probably need at least a point in Brazil. The Peru v Colombia clash looks fascinating, winner will qualify.

Brazil have already qualified and Uruguay are pretty much there as well.

Ger90 repped this.
  20. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Peru leapfrogged everyone in the last few rounds including a victory over Ecuador in Ecuador.

21. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    recent nemesis Spain qualified for the WC while surprisingly Iceland might qualify over Croatia, lol. Seems like Iceland's been doing well since EC16. They had never qualified for a tournament before the recent Euros. Could be 2 qualification in a row. Their last game is vs Kosovo.

while Italy are headed towards the playoff.

22. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Iceland's top player is Sigurdsson, but it's pretty impressive how they win seemingly just on will power. Turkey eliminated in probably the absolutely worst way possible, getting embarrassed in from of their own home fans. Croatia are also a bunch of chokers.

Ger90 repped this.
  23. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria

Ger90 repped this.
  24. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    England better be afraid of Iceland lol.

as for Turkey, they produce good players but just can't seem to get the results needed and like you said choke a lot. I still remember their impressive run in 2002. Where they actually did well the 2 times they faced Brazil. Brazil barely beat them in both games. Which also happens to be their last WC qualification.

Epitome990 repped this.
  25. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Turkey produce some good players. And then call in a bunch of others who were born and develops abroad. Including several key German born including Sahin, Tosun, Calhanoglu, Malli, Cigerci, Töprak, etc.

They've been underachieving for some time. Turkey also eliminated in the 2016 Euros group stages. Seems like it's either on fighting between teammates like that gun incident from a few years ago. Or just plain old choking.

Ger90 repped this.