News: Other Teams - WC 2022 / International Edition (R)

Discussion in 'Germany: National Teams' started by Cris 09, Sep 6, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
  2. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
  3. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
  4. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
  5. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Ajax looking at former Mainz coach Martin Schmidt, if Bosz goes to Dortmund.

6. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
  7. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    http://www.espnfc.us/world-cup-qual...-pulisic-thankful-for-thomas-tuchel-influence

United States' Christian Pulisic 'thankful' for Tuchel's influence

"I'm just very thankful for everything [Tuchel] did for me," Pulisic said during a promotional event on Monday. "It's tough in professional sports when a coach has to go like this, especially after a pretty good season. But we're excited to see who we get and I think the team will be just fine."

"Tuchel always just trusted me and gave me a chance," said Pulisic. "Of course he's given me tips and feedback with what he sees every day in training and stuff like that, small things."

Tuchel's last game in charge was a 2-1 victory over Eintracht Frankfurt in the DFB Pokal final, Pulisic's first trophy as a professional and one that will linger long in his memory.

"It was really special, especially after a tough season like that with a lot of ups and downs," said Pulisic. "To finish it with a trophy was just a really good feeling. Just to see the excitement on [my teammates'] faces after that was just really amazing to me."

8. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
  9. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
  10. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    #1735 Epitome990, Jun 8, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2017
    Daniel Farke signs Mario Vrancic from Darmstadt. Looks like Norwich are taking some similar transfer strategies as Huddersfield Town did from last season.

11. MatthausSammer

MatthausSammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Epitome990 repped this.
  12. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Can't wait to see what kind of blunders they make this summer. ;)

13. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
  14. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
  15. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    LOL, France lost 2-1 because of a blunder by Lloris and are now in the playoff spot with 4 games remaining.

16. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Typical error prone Lloris. I remember during the season when he committed 2 howlers and got burnt on both times in the same game by Leroy Sane and Man City.

Ger90 repped this.
  17. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    http://www.football-italia.net/103923/forsberg-milan-project-interesting

Forsberg: 'Milan project interesting'

Emil Forsberg confessed he’s very flattered by Milan interest. “They are a big club, one of the largest in the world, and have an interesting project.”

There were reports today that the Rossoneri saw an initial €18m offer rejected by RB Leipzig, as the price-tag is at least €30m.

“Milan are a great club. A big club, one of the largest in the world,” the Sweden international told Expressen.

“They have an interesting project in many ways. They are investing and want to take back the throne.

“Right now I am focused on the national team. I’ve had a great time in Leipzig and my agent has everything else under control.”

Milan are only in the Europa League preliminary round, but this doesn’t seem to concern Forsberg.

“The Champions League is not an important factor. I care more about what role a player has in the team.”

So far this summer, the Rossoneri have already signed Mateo Musacchio, Franck Kessie and Ricardo Rodriguez, while agreeing terms with Lazio for Keita Balde Diao.

18. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    876168226685812742 is not a valid tweet id

19. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    http://www.espn.co.uk/football/ital...-serie-as-response-to-racism-incomprehensible

Roma's Antonio Rudiger calls Serie A's response to racism 'incomprehensible'

Fears about discriminatory abuse at games have dogged Russia's preparations for the 2018 World Cup, and the current eight-team warm-up tournament. A report covering last season in Russian football from European anti-discrimination group FARE highlighted 89 racist and far-right incidents at games.

Any incidents during the Confederations Cup could see the referees abandon games after warnings have been broadcast in stadiums. It's the procedure that is not always followed elsewhere in Europe, despite being demanded long ago by European governing body UEFA.

"Obviously I play in Italy where these things unfortunately happen quite often," Rudiger said. "For me I'm simply saying that we are in 2017 and these things should not still be happening."

Lazio escaped with a fine when their fans directed jeers and monkey chants at Rudiger during a game last season, rather than being forced to close part of its stadium for a match.

"You can see so many posters saying 'No to racism' but nothing really happens [against it] in Italy,'' Rudiger said. "In several games fans have shouted [monkey chants] to me but still nothing has happened. It's simply incomprehensible for me.''

Eradicating the problem requires speaking out, according to Rudiger, to pressure competitions organisers to come down harshly on the perpetrators of abuse.

"I find it's easy for other people who don't have the same skin color as me to say that we should stay quiet," Rudiger said. "They will never know how it feels [to be racially abused]. Therefore my opinion is that this needs to be dealt with strongly."

Germany's Confederations Cup campaign opens against Australia in the Black Sea resort of Sochi, where people in blackface wearing African clothing and carrying bananas marched in a government-parade last month.

Ger90 repped this.
  20. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Modeste to China looks imminent

876906368762093569 is not a valid tweet id

Ger90 repped this.
  21. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    If Uth goes to Koln, then I'm actually glad as he would get a chance to be the starter if Modeste is not there.

22. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    http://www.skysports.com/football/n...ss-out-on-champions-league-due-to-uefa-ruling

RB Leipzig set to miss out on Champions League due to UEFA ruling

RB Leipzig are likely to miss out on European football next season - despite finishing second in the Bundesliga.

RB Leipzig and Red Bull Salzburg, who won the Austrian Bundesliga title on Saturday, are both owned by the energy drinks company Red Bull.

UEFA rules prohibit clubs with strong links to one another from playing in their competitions in the same season.

The UEFA administration, headed by UEFA general secretary Theodore Theodoridis, will make a final decision next month on whether the two clubs can play in next season's Champions League.

If they rule only one Red Bull club can play, Salzburg will get the nod because they finished higher in their league.

It would also mean Leipzig would be barred from playing in the Europa League as there is a chance Salzburg could drop into UEFA's secondary competition at the end of the group stages.

A UEFA spokesman said: "All criteria, including matters of ownership will be verified for each club by UEFA only once we have received the competition entry forms and documentation from the national football associations and clubs following the end of the season in the respective leagues."

Ger90 repped this.
  23. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    LOL does that mean that Koln will get a CL spot? And Bremen gets a EL spot?

24. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Yep, looks like it would be that way. :D

Ger90 repped this.
  25. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016