News: Other Teams - WC 2022 / International Edition (R)

Discussion in 'Germany: National Teams' started by Cris 09, Sep 6, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria

2. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
  3. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
  4. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
  5. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    timh19 repped this.
  6. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
  7. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    843560255644667905 is not a valid tweet id

8. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
  9. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    844184393212215298 is not a valid tweet id

10. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
  11. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
  12. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Ger90 repped this.
  13. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
    23 minutes in
    Bulgaria 2-0 Netherlands

and on another note, the Swiss is such a scrappy team, where they barely win games but still qualify. 5 qualifiers 5 wins.

timh19 repped this.
  14. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    They really hate participating in tournaments.

845749984574234625 is not a valid tweet id

Ger90 repped this.
  15. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  16. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    LOL, 1st game without Messi and Argentina loses 2-0 to Bolivia.:laugh:

17. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
  18. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  19. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
  20. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    http://www.espnfc.us/club/schalke-0...-of-following-in-christian-pulisics-footsteps

Schalke's Weston McKennie dreaming of following Christian Pulisic's path

"We all look up to him and say, 'It's possible,'" 18-year-old McKennie tells ESPN FC. "We see him do it and say, 'Why can't we do it either?'"

"Playing soccer in Europe is like coming to America to play basketball," McKennie says, with his eyes lighting up as he talks about the chance to join Schalke. He soon realised the club had more to offer than just its stature.

"I was in the middle of an under-20 national team camp, and my agent called and said, 'Hey, you need to take a look at Schalke. They want to put a face to the name.' I came over, and they showed me around the Internat [the residential home for young players], the stadium," he recalls. "I talked to coach Norbert Elgert over the phone, since he was on holidays. I kinda fell in love with the place."

"It's pretty amazing to see how committed they are down here," McKennie says. "You gotta love soccer in this area because it is soccer."

He fell in love with the place and stayed to become part of the club's famous Knappenschmiede, the academy that developed four 2014 World Cup winners -- Manuel Neuer, Mesut Ozil, Julian Draxler and Benedikt Howedes -- and has since sent Leroy Sane to Manchester City and Joel Matip to Liverpool. Midfielder Max Meyer and wing-back Sead Kolasinac could be the next to leave their Gelsenkirchen home for the Premier League. They would make way for young talent developed by Elgert, a coaching icon in Germany for his work in the academy.

"I heard about Norbert Elgert's history of developing players for the first team," McKennie says. "All those names you see on TV these days. I believed it was a better opportunity to get to my goals to become a professional player."

"I had friends in Kaiserslautern, three hours away. Haji, thank God he's here. Made it a little bit easier for me."

Pulisic was also there, and in spite of the fierce rivalry between Dortmund and Schalke -- culminating in the prestigious Revierderbies every season -- they remain in touch.

"He's right up the road," McKennie says. "He was one of my first friends on the national team when I was 14 years old."

"Training is routine in America," he says. "Every Monday was the same as every Monday, and so on. Over here, you never know what you're going to get. In America, they picked out certain players they really wanted to work with and sometimes formed their training around them. Over here, it's more about the team progress and how we can improve the team and get players to the next level. It's not so much about winning championships."

"When you go into the Veltins Arena, you really want to walk out down by the players," he says. "You look around and see thousands and thousands of people. To play for the fans, to play for the club, it would be a real dream come true."

"Football is becoming more global, and U.S. Soccer has done a lot of things right in the past few years," he says. "They no longer bank only on veteran stars but have focused on their youth by changing the structures. In the long run, it'll be important that the USMNT is successful."

timh19 and MatthausSammer repped this.
  21. timh19

timh19 Member+

Jul 26, 2011
    Additionally, McKennie felt very comfortable in Germany. From ages six through nine, he lived in the country while his father served in the U.S. military and was based near Kaiserslautern. While living there, McKennie became fluent in German and began playing soccer for a local village team. From that experience, he always considered Germany a “home away from home.”

“It was a very hard decision to make,” McKennie said. “I grew up at FC Dallas and we lived there for nine years. But living in Germany, I always felt that my development was here. Being able to come back here was a huge opportunity for me.

"It was tough but I still felt like I made the right decision.”

http://americansoccernow.com/articles/weston-mckennie-on-u-20s-i-think-we-can-win-it

22. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
  23. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria

24. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
  25. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Another great day for the Gunners, can't wait for the Arsenal Fan TV updates.