Other Teams ** Everyone Else ** [R]

Discussion in 'AS Roma' started by DDR, Feb 19, 2013.

1. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    I was trying to be nice and ignored the fire v water dribble.

Calcio Pauly repped this.
  2. Java65

Java65 Member+

Oct 2, 2012
    North Carolina
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm not sure this is what @Il Ciuccio means but I think one of the challenges for EPL teams is that their league is much more balanced and they have games nearly every week against teams that can beat them. Many of the top teams from other leagues face teams most weeks that have no chance of beating them.

3. Wolfbeatseagle

Wolfbeatseagle Member+

May 7, 2007
    The Bermuda Tetrahedron
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It happens with England's national team too. They face teams that won't just play a high line and hope for the best. They have no space to hoof the ball into, and they become inept.

City going out to Monaco looks even worse when you take a step back. They were gifted a few goals in the first leg. Monaco's squad is new to this, even though they have several players who could easily be playing for elite clubs in a few years, they showed their inexperience several times. City missed a ton of sitters yesterday. Monaco blew several leads throughout the tie. City still got knocked out.

wm72 repped this.
  4. Java65

Java65 Member+

Oct 2, 2012
    North Carolina
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Pep is the most overrated coach out there. Hell, even Enrique has done more will less at Barca than Pep did. There was a goal were Caba, rolls the ball to, I think, Fernandino who was already under pressure before he got the ball and he turned it over.. bam, goal. Just another example of Pep's stupid philosophy of playing out of the back 100% of the time even if it costs you a goal..

Playing Kolarov and Sagna at CB in 3 back formation. He's played De Bruyne out of position all season.

Calcio Pauly and Shen-O repped this.
  5. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    This. Its comes down to tactics and technical parts of the game, also seen by failures of the English national team every tournament. This theory ciucc has Playoffs v long season has nothing to do with it.

shiboboo and Calcio Pauly repped this.
  6. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Italian teams in my opinion would not be able to deal with the pace of the English game for a whole season. In a short tournament/knockout round tactics can over come that since its just a few games but day in and day out I feel an Italian team would struggle.

7. Calcio Pauly

Calcio Pauly Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Yet Lester did playing Ranieri ball.

St. Michael's Sword repped this.
  8. Wolfbeatseagle

Wolfbeatseagle Member+

May 7, 2007
    The Bermuda Tetrahedron
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm a big fan of his salvage job at Barca post-Rijkaard, and he beat SAF twice in a final. Even bigger fan of his hand in the transformation of Xavi from skilled, but marshmallow soft to dominant.

It hasn't looked right from the first game with City. Playing out of the back isn't supposed to be the bottom line. It's supposed to be a by product, but he's got his guys so far out of their comfort zone they're overthinking everything while fixating on a rondo between the keeper on the back line. I think they could have something with a midfield revamp, but I have no idea who makes the roster decisions at City. They seem to always be in on the shiny toys, even if they already have good players at that position.

Haakon24 repped this.
  9. Wolfbeatseagle

Wolfbeatseagle Member+

May 7, 2007
    The Bermuda Tetrahedron
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Italian teams wouldn't run like an English team though. They would sit back and watch everyone else run around and wait for the openings to come.

The pace, intensity, etc. of the PL is overrated IMO. The schedules take a toll, not necessarily the individual games or style of play. When everyone else is recovering and resting in the winter break, they're shoehorning a zillion games in.

wm72 and St. Michael's Sword repped this.
  10. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Ya and how did it workout for them this year and Ranieri.

Which is why i used the examples of other one and title clubs. Things just come together sometimes.

If you want to base your argument on an outlier so be it.

11. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Ya Napoli sitting back has done so well for us lol

Im not saying Italian teams would flounder im just saying that the way the English teams play would take its toll on an Italian team.

12. Calcio Pauly

Calcio Pauly Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    How easy is it for you to miss a point?

As opposed to basing it on a guess?

Nah, it's fire, water, earth and sky Chooch.

13. Wolfbeatseagle

Wolfbeatseagle Member+

May 7, 2007
    The Bermuda Tetrahedron
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    In other news, nobody at Barça has heard of an accountant.

St. Michael's Sword and Il Ciuccio repped this.
  14. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    This conversation has run its course. Like always you have an agenda behind everything. This agenda is SERIE A DA BEST EPL SUCKS.

Anyways to save your ego ill just say you are correct and all your view points are backed by facts. Congratulations.

15. Calcio Pauly

Calcio Pauly Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Wait, is it ether maybe, or you've got your opinion, I've got mine? Maybe a penguin slide? That sort of thing? And I agree with you Chooch, Napoli is totally fire in Europe dude, totally. Too bad Madrid was a bucket of water.

16. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Verratti is also the best.

17. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Dude your basing your argument on a total guess that Italian teams would struggle in the English league. This pea brain theory holds no ground because there is no evidence. :x3:

Rosay, Midfield General and Calcio Pauly repped this.
  18. Calcio Pauly

Calcio Pauly Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    fyp

and Koulibaly is worth $100 millions, cuz he's like a bottle of water.

Haakon24, Rosay and Midfield General repped this.
  19. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    This why this is a conversation based on opinion. Who really knows what would happen. I posed my idea that is all. Im not saying its the right one. You guys just taking issue with because you feel you have better views on a completely fictional what if reality.

20. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Why are you so salty all the time ?

21. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    I would be open to listen to your opinion if it was backed up with any sort of evidence. My opinion is based on how the game is played. The tactics behind it. Also I'm just a fan of football played from a smart point of view over brute force and long term that would win imo as well. There isn't an English player that's wouldnt improve his game if he ventured into mainland Europe. If they're ever to improve on the international stage, it will be the day a majority of players play abroad. That won't happen though when they get paid so much money in the safety net of there own country.

22. Rosay

Rosay Member+

May 7, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Well said magicman

Calcio Pauly repped this.
  23. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Were we talking about the international stage here ? We were talking about a what if situation on an Italian club playing in England. League play is different from a tournament.

24. Calcio Pauly

Calcio Pauly Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    #24674 Calcio Pauly, Mar 16, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2017
    I'm not. I enjoy a bit of banter, doesn't mean I'm not happy. Why are you depressed all the time? Like why do you get so bent out of shape when someone challenges you on one of your hair brained ideas? You would think that one would appreciate the assistance.

Here's an example of something that would negate your theory that English clubs would do better in longer tournaments; the CL is a longer tournament.

Here's another example

You posed your opinion as an absolute. I gave you an example to the contrary and you got all mad and angry and starting pouting. Why?

25. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    My opinion is based on how the game is played. The tactics behind it. Also I'm just a fan of football played from a smart point of view over brute force and long term that would win imo as well.

I already mentioned that here and went on to add why the English international teams fail, also why they ultimately struggle in European competition at a club level, because of how they see and play the game.