Other Teams ** Everyone Else ** [R]

Discussion in 'AS Roma' started by DDR, Feb 19, 2013.

1. Ragnaroz

Ragnaroz Member+

Jan 31, 2010
    Paracin
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Serbia
    Pele is just a bitter old man who can't accept that he would be an average player in modern football.

2. SoCalYid

SoCalYid Member+

Jun 11, 2011
    BigSoccer :)
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Disagree, Pele would be an elite player. Especially if he was given the benefits modern footballers are given as Neymar has since he was an amoeba. If you look at old video of Pele a lot of what he does is translatable it's just a little slower because the game was slower, if he were playing today and came through a modern youth system he'd have similar athleticism to top players.

Same goes for Di Stefano imo.

DA ITALIAN repped this.
  3. Ragnaroz

Ragnaroz Member+

Jan 31, 2010
    Paracin
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Serbia
    I doubt even Neymar would work in European football. That's probably why he's hesitating to move here.

4. Romanista89

Romanista89 Member+

Jun 8, 2010
    Glasgow, UK
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I have just seen Bururk Yilmaz' goal against Schalke for the first time, beautiful piece of skill by him to free the ball:

5. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    LOL, I agree! I'm glad Milan beat them! I hope they can beat them at their home too! I'm so sick of hearing about Messi & Barca!

6. whill4

whill4 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 11, 2011
    Returning Video Tapes
    Club:
    New York City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Spurs fans were attacked in Lyon last night at a pub. They should seriously just stay home for away games at this point.

7. SoCalYid

SoCalYid Member+

Jun 11, 2011
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No we shouldn't, that would be sending the wrong message.

At least we're exposing the laughable policing on the continent and antisemitism.

8. Deand21594

Deand21594 Member+

Jan 24, 2012
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Thats a very controversial statement to be making. I have to say I completely disagree.

9. whill4

whill4 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 11, 2011
    Returning Video Tapes
    Club:
    New York City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Spalletti is absolutely blowing it right now. 3-1 Liverpool right now.

10. whill4

whill4 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 11, 2011
    Returning Video Tapes
    Club:
    New York City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What a beautiful goal by Hazard

11. chandler63

chandler63 Member

Nov 4, 2012
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Pardon my ignorance, but is Tottenham primarily populated by Jews?

12. SoCalYid

SoCalYid Member+

Jun 11, 2011
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No but we do have a large number of Jews and are associated with the Jewish population in North London. At the moment I don't think the Jewish fans outnumber those of Afro-Carribean decent.

13. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma

Watched the game just about 5 more mins after the dive by Lacazette, after the crazy keeping by Brad. After that it added a bit of spice to the game and was turning into a great watch but had to go to training. Was funny watching the Lyon keeper and his new technique to stop anything Bale hit. Dembele for me is wasted in centre mid, he has to much attacking talent to sit so deep and just play it neat.

The EL gets a bad rep but there are lots of great games and some many better than the CL's. Can't believe Ajax have made so much hard work of it tonight, in pens atm

14. SoCalYid

SoCalYid Member+

Jun 11, 2011
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Spurs didn’t play well first half but we got into the match in the 2nd. Parker had a poor match. Holtby was basically our most creative player, he just didn’t have many options. Dembele had a poor first half but he improved once he started taking players on and not passing sideways.

Problem with Spurs is we don’t have the personnel to break down sides that sit back like Lyon did the second half and are defensively well organized. That and we still haven’t found the right mix of players. At the moment I might try playing Holtby, Dembele and Sigurdsson or Dempsey together, dropping Parker. We're really missing Sandro right now, with the addition of Holtby I think his energy would be making us more effective right now.

We’re still suffering from not buying Moutinho, which if not for the third party would have gone through. If we had him Dembele would be playing more box to box. I think we’ll go back in for him in the summer. I suppose Levy thought it’s not even worth trying for him in January. Porto have never sold a big player in January to my knowledge and the had the CL.

As for Dembele I'm of the opinion that he's still struggling with his injury. It was never dealt with rather he’s managing the injury, I bet he’ll have surgery in the off-season. What makes him so good is when he runs at players, dribbling past and opening up space. You can tell he’s a little hesitant to make quick cuts and even when he’s passing he seems to struggle extending his leg too far. There was a moment during the match when he delivered a short pass to a player with his weak foot under no pressure, he’s clearly compensating for this injury.

Still Bale should have finished that chance set beautifully by Adebayor. He actually had two he could have done better on, considering how much he’s give the past couple weeks I can’t have a go at him.

Oh well we're through, onwards and upwards, bring on Inter.

15. SoCalYid

SoCalYid Member+

Jun 11, 2011
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Romanista89

I see Andrew Driver has signed with the Houston Dynamo on loan, what's the story there? I seem to remember him being fairly highly rated a few years back.

16. Romanista89

Romanista89 Member+

Jun 8, 2010
    Glasgow, UK
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Yeah, he was one of the most highly rated youngsters in Scotland about two and a half years ago to four years ago. Since then he has been plagued with injury that stopped any form of continuity in his game and even when he did regain some sort of fitness back he hasn't been as good. And Hearts came close to being another Rangers last December, those problems around the club still persist and getting rid of him would go some way to reducing the wage bill.

You get those players in the SPL that fans of Celtic and Rangers believe should be a must buy of the big two in the SPL (Johnny Russel of Dundee Utd is probably the current example), Driver was definitely one of those players for around 18 months but as I say, injuries struck and his name was rarely heard for large chunks of nearly two seasons, and since his return he hasn't set the same standard as he did several years ago.

SoCalYid repped this.
  17. whill4

whill4 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 11, 2011
    Returning Video Tapes
    Club:
    New York City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

DDR repped this.
  18. Roma_NY

Roma_NY Member+

Oct 19, 2009
    Washington, D.C.
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    PSG unveiled their new logo:

[​IMG]

What does everyone think? I like it. It modernizes their logo without changing too much. Does anyone think our crest will get similar treatment?

schnix repped this.
  19. DCUroma

DCUroma Member+

Jul 20, 2009
    Suck it Sensi
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Its honestly just a minamilist version of their old one. It looks find.

I am more interested to see how it looks stitched and not computer generated.

20. porreca

porreca Member+

Jan 17, 2010
    UK
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    It may just be the picture, but it looks a bit too modern/MLS'ey for my taste, some things I like them to remain as they've been for decades, but that's just me...

I'm quite fond of our wolf and our Roman crest logos as they are.

wm72 repped this.
  21. Big Tom

Big Tom Member+

Sep 11, 2011
    In Jimmy's Fountain
    Club:
    AS Roma
    My goodness Rafa has really destroyed Chelsea.From Champions league winners to needing a 90th minute goal to knock out Sparta Prague in the Europa Lge.What a joke of manager and I still can't believe that Lpool fans worship this pleb like a god.:laugh:

22. SoCalYid

SoCalYid Member+

Jun 11, 2011
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well the way I see it. Chelsea won the luckiest CL titles of all time and finished 6th in the league last season. Not really sure what he's destroyed. They can be playing better to me their a better side than last year in the league and Chelsea almost didn't make it out of the groups last year.

23. SoCalYid

SoCalYid Member+

Jun 11, 2011
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Mini England v Germany Penalties

Kyle Walker/Kyle Naughton v Lewis Holtby/Steffan Freund

whill4 repped this.
  24. lb961

lb961 Member+

Jan 25, 2013
    Club:
    AS Roma
    man city 2-0 chelsea. do u believe benitez will finish the season?

25. Ragnaroz

Ragnaroz Member+

Jan 31, 2010
    Paracin
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Serbia
    I doubt he'll finish next week, let alone the season.