Other Teams ** Everyone Else ** [R]

Discussion in 'AS Roma' started by DDR, Feb 19, 2013.

1. Salmeen10

Salmeen10 Member+

Jan 10, 2014
    Bahrain
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
  2. SaI'

SaI' Red Card

May 26, 2019
    Certaldo
    1196857660890636290 is not a valid tweet id

3. Hustle and Flow

Hustle and Flow Member+

Roma
    Feb 19, 2018
    Canada
    Thanks, homie. This one hurts.

Maybe Jose can do something, but it will feel dirty. Milan should just say fcuk Pioli and go after Poch right now, imo.

4. Hustle and Flow

Hustle and Flow Member+

Roma
    Feb 19, 2018
    Canada
    I really think the players got pissed off about wages and a lot of em' don't wanna be there anymore.

Poch wanted to move out so many vets (Toby, Eriksen et al) because he knew they needed a new cycle, but Levy won't sell unless he gets top dollar and it just went stale.

Poch is a beast, this one isn't solely on him. He built that damn thing (with almost no money) and gave Spurs credibility of not being pussies anymore, I don't care what anyone says. We'll see what the chosen one can do, I guess.

Serengeti_Boy repped this.
  5. Hustle and Flow

Hustle and Flow Member+

Roma
    Feb 19, 2018
    Canada
    gross, but wise.

6. Hustle and Flow

Hustle and Flow Member+

Roma
    Feb 19, 2018
    Canada
    Rosay repped this.
  7. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Pochettino is Piedmontese. Just saying.

8. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Canada needs another Branko Segota...

[​IMG]

9. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma

Insanely good for a boy.

omaro and Andreas repped this.
  10. Salmeen10

Salmeen10 Member+

Jan 10, 2014
    Bahrain
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
  11. Hustle and Flow

Hustle and Flow Member+

Roma
    Feb 19, 2018
    Canada
    boom, fully agree.

Cheers, PSG. Great lads.

La Magica repped this.
  12. Midfield General

Jun 14, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Salmeen10 repped this.
  13. SaI'

SaI' Red Card

May 26, 2019
    Certaldo
    Ok boomer.

14. wm72

wm72 Member+

Dec 3, 2010
    New York
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

I don't follow EPL that closely, but it would seem the problems with Spurs are the other side of the coin about strong arming stars into staying when they want a transfer.

15. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    #31315 falvo, Nov 24, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2019
    I also can care less about the EPL but just watched the ending of the Mo Salah "The Egyptian King" special on NBCSN. It seems like they absolutely love him in Liverpool but I don't remember all the love for him at Roma. He will never have scored as much or won anything had he stayed with the giallorossi.

Again , I don't really follow the EPL that much but I still question just how difficult it is to play in England as opposed to Italy. Seeing CR7's frustrations at Juve even though they are winning, kind of reinforces my belief.

DOctore13 repped this.
  16. r0adrunner

r0adrunner Member+

Jun 4, 2011
    London, UK
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    But your belief is I'm afraid at odds with CL & EL results which consistently show EPL clubs performing far better than Serie A ones.

17. DOctore13

DOctore13 Member

Jul 19, 2013
    Club:
    AS Roma
    England has strongest economy in Europe and can theoretically afford the top talents (how many years has the best footballer in the world been found in England or a world cup champion been composed of primarily EPL players) but that doesn't mean that the level of play is as good. Salah went from a 20 goal a season player to a 40 goal a season player by moving to a less tactically sound league.

18. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    #31318 falvo, Nov 24, 2019
    Also, the UEFA Champions and Europa leagues are two completely different tournaments than the Serie A is and you can't really compare them...

Looking at how the British players traditionally fail to perform in Italy and Spain, with the exception of Chris Smalling and Aaron Ramsey this year, will tell you how different the competitions are.

The jury is still out on them as well. I mean they are both doing well and Smalling has been exceptional but only 13 games have been played.

19. r0adrunner

r0adrunner Member+

Jun 4, 2011
    London, UK
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Why are they so different?

Clubs which excel in Europe like Juventus, Liverpool, Man City, Bayern, Real Madrid, Barcelona, also excel domestically.

20. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    #31320 falvo, Nov 24, 2019
    Tournament play and Serie A are a completely different competition and the money and depth of each of those teams is also incredible. Atalanta gave Juventus a headache for an hour yesterday and they could have easily won had the ref called another pk. Then Juve came back because of their top roster , utilizing their superstars. Atalanta couldn't compete with that roster. Same with playing in the CL. They don't have either the experience, money or players to compete in the CL but they are doing well and holding their own in the Serie A. Ribery was a world class player and he did well for a few games with Fiorentina and played off a great pass today against Verona but his team still lost to a club who just got promoted from Serie B.

Which brings me back to my initial point, the defenses in the Serie A are incredible. Mohamed Salah scored 14 and 15 goals respectively for Roma from 2015-2017 (which is good) and then went on to score 54 goals in the two following seasons when he went to England. Which Italian or Serie A players can anyone name that scored this many goals in that amount of time in Italy? I remember Luca Toni scored 30 goals in Serie B for Palermo and then another 20 in Serie A the next season but other than him, very few players score that many goals in Italy on a yearly basis. Contrary to the talking points Ronaldo, is being taken off at Juve and is unhappy about it and they claim injury etc but according to reports, he was rarely substituted in England or Spain. He also played well for Portugal in these last few days so I don't believe all the injury talk.

21. DOctore13

DOctore13 Member

Jul 19, 2013
    Club:
    AS Roma
    AC Milan has won 2nd most UCL but have half as many scudetti as Juve who have won only 2x. Liverpool winning EPL this year will be their first but they have multiple UCL since their last league title.

22. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Rio de Janeiro Flamengo fans celebrating their 2-1 Coppa Libertadores victory after 38 years!

[​IMG]

23. r0adrunner

r0adrunner Member+

Jun 4, 2011
    London, UK
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Liverpool only have two CL titles since their last scudetto in 1990.

Milan has still won plenty of scudetti to match their haul of CL titles.

Salah improved after he left Roma which is not suprising given he has been coached by one of the world's leading coaches. If Serie A defences are superior to those elsewhere I am curious why they do not perform well in Europe.

Haakon24 repped this.
  24. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    #31324 falvo, Nov 24, 2019
    He improved but he had a good team which helps you get better. He also plays in the EPL which isn’t as defensive as the Serie A is. That has been the case for as long as I remember but because Serie A’s defenses are strong, they don’t have great forwards. That is why it’s a tough league to play in.

I don’t care whichever way you spell it, had Salah stayed at Roma , he still will not have scored all the goals he did or won anything significant as he has at Liverpool.

You had Luca Toni who scored 31 in 2006 before Italy won a WC and Gonzalo Higuain I’m 2016 who scored 36 for Napoli. I can’t see anyone else scoring more than that since 1960...

.Wikipedia
    Capocannoniere

25. Midgo

Midgo Member

Oct 8, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    You never know what would've happend with the team we had in season 17/18 + Salah. Dzeko was Serie A's topscorer in the previous(16/17) season and that's partly thanks to Salah creating for him .