Other Teams ** Everyone Else ** [R]

Discussion in 'AS Roma' started by DDR, Feb 19, 2013.

1. Sarcasm Bot

Sarcasm Bot Member+

Nov 4, 2014
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
  2. L'immortale

L'immortale Red Card

Italy
    Nov 13, 2017
    Retired

3. Salmeen10

Salmeen10 Member+

Jan 10, 2014
    Bahrain
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    This is the kid that Barca got suspended over in the market few years ago.

4. Salmeen10

Salmeen10 Member+

Jan 10, 2014
    Bahrain
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain

5. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    #30405 falvo, Jul 15, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2019
    Here is MLS in its infinite wisdom..... supposedly the Quakes & the De Anza Force (a local academy) had an academy player who just scored three goals for Stoke City in preseason....

1150521050964418560 is not a valid tweet id

The goals:

Then I asked in the academy thread, so how much did the parent club or whomever profit off of (selling) him?

No one answered.... so tell me how exactly is MLS ever going to get better if they are developing players for someone else or another league to utilize?

Maybe he will end up being a crap player but still no one knows that for sure but where is the money?

Isn’t the idea to develop youth players for your senior team and shouldn’t they at least profit from the sale of a potential up and coming youngster?

MLS has academies in place, develops young players when they in turn sign for a pro club overseas. The main or parent club doesn’t get to use the guy nor to the profit or even a dime from selling him so how does this make sense?

6. Matrim

Matrim Member+

Feb 10, 2014
    Club:
    AS Roma
    That's not exactly true.
    1. So... 5 or 10% of every players fee goes to the clubs who helped developing them, this is the law in Europe, probably around the world too.

2. Leagues don't get better by selling players on profit, that's solely the concern of the clubs in question. They are organisations aiming at making money, so if they exist, they're earning their bread and butter somehow - mostly by TV deals from their league, and that has nothing to do with the quality of the academies in the league.

3. MLS does poorly compared to EU leagues for the same reason why US women team earns so much less by your men's team. Because no one cares about them, especially in your local turf. Talent = entertainment for the viewers. But viewers = money, and you don't get those by just having talent. If there's little to no demand for a dirt sandwich compared to a chicken sandwich, no matter how tasty your dirt sandwich is, the guy who sells the chicken sandwiches will blow you out of the water 101 out of 100.

No matter how talented EU basketballers get, they won't get a yota richer for it depending on EU crowds, staying in EU, their clubs won't get richer. Because a very limited number of people car about basketball right here, and only a small percentage of them are ready to watch an inferior product when NBA is right there on the TV. NBA beast EU basketball due to local demand that translates into a more appealing product world-wide, same with football in EU - the local demand and ability to bring in over-seas talent kills the over-seas competition for viewers right of the bat. It's not even a competition tbh. Never will be if I've had to be on it.

7. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    As far as I know and everyone I've spoken to close to both the San Jose Earthquakes and the De Anza Force, they received nothing for this player.

From what I recall, a federal US district court judge a few years ago also ruled against transfer fees of players under 18.

8. Matrim

Matrim Member+

Feb 10, 2014
    Club:
    AS Roma
    https://medium.com/@terryblaw/notes...and-solidarity-the-impact-on-mls-f892995da8a6

Solidarity payments - every time a player is sold, 5% of the transfer fee is being divided by the clubs that have registered that player as theirs while this player was 12-23 years old.

Seems like your league isn't participating in the scheme, but it's standard practice for European football, the only down-side for the smaller teams is that they have to pay 5% too when they sell a player, but if you're selling 500k players and you have had Cristiano Ronaldo or Neymar in your team at some point, you're probably getting much more during Cristiano's or Neymar's career than you have to pay for the solidarity fees yourself.

9. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    #30409 falvo, Jul 16, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2019
    Yeah in Europe and the rest of the world , this is the norm but MLS and the United States Soccer Federation isn’t getting these fees. I think they get it from the sale of , older contracted players but not the youth.

Michael Bradley for example, went to Europe or Heerenveen on a free transfer from New York. Toronto FC paid 7,40 Mill. € to AS Roma who in 2012 paid 3,75 Mill. € to Chievo Verona who had paid 1,20 Mill. € got for his services. He is just one example and the one everyone knows about but there are many others just like him.

The PA Classics , another academy on the east coast actually fought hard to get a piece of the transfer fee for the sale of Christian Pulisic from Chelsea. They
    also ended up getting nothing.

10. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    "ok, who do we pay and how much to make this go away?''

Java65 repped this.
  11. Hustle and Flow

Hustle and Flow Member+

Roma
    Feb 19, 2018
    Canada
    Why anyone would defend that club, let alone like them is beyond me.

I'm looking at you, wolf beats bird.

12. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    I am watching the LA derby with the great Zlatan. The pace in this match is incredible. It is incredible stupid. Ball going back and forth from unforced errors.

La Magica, Rossonero23 and calabrese8 repped this.
  13. calabrese8

calabrese8 Member+

Feb 9, 2008
    Vancouver
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Better tactics in Serie D.

LordNelson and La Magica repped this.
  14. Rossonero23

Rossonero23 Member+

Sep 9, 2010
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Date to Zlatan

15. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    #30417 falvo, Jul 20, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2019
    He played horribly in 2 games against San Jose this month but Ibra was impressive last night. I am against these big name overaged , overpriced signings across the league for many reasons but you have to give him credit for last nights game.

He gave an interview this week saying he was a Ferrari playing with Fiats and criticizing the salary cap rules, restrictions and no relegation or promotion. He said all MLS cares about is the playoffs so he is probably saving himself until then and I'm sure they will be tough to beat in the postseason.

Even at 37 years of age, when he wants to or is on his game, there are few forwards in the world who can do what he does. Too bad though that he has to do it for the Galaxy.

16. Rossonero23

Rossonero23 Member+

Sep 9, 2010
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Everything Ibra said about MLS is correct
    Wish they asked him about the various chats. Some gay ass shit.

calabrese8 repped this.
  17. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Interesting on his selection of vehicles to make his analogy.

calabrese8 repped this.
  18. LordNelson

LordNelson Member+

May 29, 2012
    London
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Everyone knows American football is the biggest lump of crap around. Only American fanatics and American lovers think differently.

calabrese8 repped this.
  19. Matrim

Matrim Member+

Feb 10, 2014
    Club:
    AS Roma
    I'd have a hard time guessing what's the least interesting - MSL or women's football? At least the latter has some boobs in it, although that's a small consolation on those man-like bodies and brutish faces.

LordNelson and calabrese8 repped this.
  20. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    #30422 falvo, Jul 20, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2019
    There is at least more enthusiasm , excitement and running in MLS games. Its also fun attending a game as the crowds are usually loud and average attendance numbers are healthy in the smaller stadiums which are all still fairly new.

Women's international soccer is difficult to follow. Its boring, has little skill or tactic , very slow and there is no true league to follow so no one knows who the players are.

Even though I hate both LA teams and despite the "level of the league" (which I still think is overrated), I enjoyed watching Ibra score three goals last night. On TV anyway, it seemed to be an exciting match.

21. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Levi Stadium looked pretty empty for Guadalajara & Benfica.

Shen-O repped this.
  22. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Yeah they should have played it at Avaya. There were a lot of people but the stadium holds 80k so it looks empty.

23. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    It’s a shit stadium.