Other Team news (WPS)

Discussion in 'Boston Breakers' started by Mattymags811, Sep 4, 2008.

1. socfandan

socfandan Member

Jul 30, 2000
    Eastern Mass
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They announced in advance that last week would be her last game, she is returning to school.

2. Blaze20

Blaze20 Moderator
    Staff Member

Seattle Reign FC
    Sep 22, 2009
    Club:
    Philadelphia Independence
    See, I didn't know this cuz I would have gotten her autograph. She was signing right by me and I didn't even bother to go get her autograph because usually when the players are signing for me, I try to make small talk by saying stuff like good game. It would have been weird to say good game to some one who just conceded 4 goals :).

Good luck to her though.

3. REVS FAN 1

REVS FAN 1 Member

Jul 2, 2004
    Weymouth, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Abby Wambach's future

*With the possibility of a Buffalo-Rochester franchise joining Women's Professional Soccer next year, Washington Freedom star and western New York native Abby Wambach would seem to be an obvious target for the club, which currently operates as the Buffalo Flash, the W-League champion. Two sources familiar with the league said that, in initial conversations with the WPS, the New York group hoped Wambach would be part of the deal to join the league. When I asked Wambach about the possibility of playing back home, she said.....

"My family would love it. It's definitely an option I would consider. My contract is up after this season and there are a lot of things going on. I don't want it to be a scenario where I have to play there for the team to come into this league. What happens if I get injured? What happens when I retire? Will the team fold? If that could be part of my future, that would be great, but we [the Freedom] have to take care of business this year, first and foremost, before I make any decisions."

Which begs the question....Who else is "up after this season"

I'd like to see a list of the upcoming free agents....

I'd love to see ALL the contract details and Salary Cap info but I'll settle for a free agent list...

4. pokey55

pokey55 Member

Aug 17, 2008
    Club:
    Washington Freedom
    If you find that list, please post up. I'd love to know that too; I sort of figured the 'big names' would have more than 2 year contracts to be honest.

5. REVS FAN 1

REVS FAN 1 Member

Jul 2, 2004
    Weymouth, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well it looks like our buddy Shawn McGee is outenzie in Atlanta...

BEAT ANNOUNCES ASSISTANT GM

The Atlanta Beat of Women’s Professional Soccer announced General Manager Shawn McGee will be stepping down from his post

Kristin Lettiere, Director of Operations, has been promoted to Assistant General Manager following the departure of McGee. T.Fitz Johnson will assume the title of General Manager

McGee will be moving on to be Vice President of Sales and Marketing at Homestead-Miami Speedway.

Word has it that Shawn has already traded next years final NASCAR Sprint Cup race to Pocono Raceway for 3 USAC races and "future considerations"

Sorry Shawn! That was just too easy!

Still want those tickets though! :D