Other Team News Part III

Discussion in 'Borussia Dortmund' started by MatthausSammer, May 15, 2016.

1. Raumdeuter

Raumdeuter Member+

Jan 14, 2009
    Texas
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Can you explain this post? Flexing muscle and evolution of transfer policy.

Bavarian Juggalo repped this.
  2. thisisthelife

thisisthelife Member

Nov 1, 2015
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Bulgaria

Would be a bargain at that price.

Bavarian Juggalo repped this.
  3. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    *Arroganz Arena

The flexing muscle part should be clear as no other club can afford a transfer like this and that it could also have a considerable impact on widening the gap in the league. I'd assume the transfer policy evolution is referring to the relatively stingy reputation of the Bayern fo even during the beginning of the Hoeness as president years. They loved their 100+ million savings but were reluctant for quite a while to participate in what was then perceived as the crazy development of transfer fees.

Boandlkramer repped this.
  4. Bavarian Juggalo

Mar 10, 2017
    Sydney
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

it is what it is...we be flexin' and ballin' baby....all day every day, ya feel?

5. Bavarian Juggalo

Mar 10, 2017
    Sydney
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    what's the matter!? Ya'll scared of a little healthy competition? Don't be like that b-dawg

6. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Looks like talks are ongoing to end the agreement so 1860 will no longer be playing at Arroganz.

7. Raumdeuter

Raumdeuter Member+

Jan 14, 2009
    Texas
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Thanks for clearing that up, regarding flexing muscle, I doubt we need Alexis to win the league. I think he is a signing to improve our CL winning chances. With the turmoil in Dortmund currently, plus Leipzig European engagement, Odds are on Bayern will win the league again. Alexis Sanchez is one of the elite players not in Barca or Madrid already

The Sanchez deal if it happens, a large part will be because he is from Arsenal and the reluctance to sell to a league rival effectively ruled out 3 potential competitors for his signature who have more, if you also take out Barca his former club That leaves PSG, Juve Bayern and Madrid as the options

If he were to be coming from a non PL club, I am sure Bayern will have less chance of getting him like it was for Griezmann or Pogba

8. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Turmoil at BVB has been dealt with. While most of us are unhappy with the outcome, the future is still bright.

9. adriandragonus

Aug 5, 2015
    indonesia
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Indonesia

so Donnarumma choose not to extend contract and probably force milan to sell him. sounds really similar with Mkhitaryan. ooh how did i forget? Raiola is the agent of Both!

can't wait for Immanuel Pherai to be an excellent player to us and Raiola forces a move for him.

10. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Mino Raiola needs to be weeded out of football.

Donnarumma got offered 80K a week to play for his favourite club and he refused.

On the flip side why aren't the Chinese just upping their salary budget to keep him?

11. naopon

naopon Member+

Jan 2, 2007
    California
    Club:
    Kawasaki Frontale
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Donnarumma likely just wants to play for a better team. Nothing wrong with that.

12. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    What's wrong is that he pledged his allegiance and a lengthy stay at his favourite club just a few months ago. Milan's stock has risen since then.

13. adriandragonus

Aug 5, 2015
    indonesia
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Indonesia
    well,every team linked to him already have their number 1 keeper secured. Madrid with Navas,MU with DDG,PSG with Trapp,Juve with Buffon. so where else he'll goes?

14. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Likely Madrid. They'll sell Navas if they have to. And now if Ronaldo really moves, Madrid will have an enormous amount of cash to play with.

15. Rosebud

Rosebud Member+

Aug 5, 2012
    Chicago, IL, USA
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    #2165 Rosebud, Jun 20, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2017
    I see Lexi as more of a second striker than a winger, like Mueller; and so would set you up like this if I was in charge and he was brought in:

Ribery/Alaba/Gnabry* - Lewandowski - Lexi/Mueller - Robben/Coman/Gnabry*
    Vidal/Tolisso - Thiago/Tolisso
    Thiago/Kimmich
    Martinez/Alaba - Boateng/Sule - Hummels/Kimmich
    Neuer

*if not loaned​

16. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I see a shit ton of fallacies there. 2 CF and 2 wingers? This isn't the 1930s.

Carlo has never started out with 3 at the back. And if he did, he'd never put Thiago before the dreierkette. Alabas game declined while playing in CM, now you see him as a wide fwd? Makes no sense.

Also if German media is to be believed, Lewandowski might force a move out. Small chance but still a chance.

17. Boandlkramer

Boandlkramer Member+

Apr 9, 2009
    Samma Weltmeister!
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Yea...you all warned us about his agent....looks like he's starting his shenanigans with us now

Difference is that he just extended to 2021....whoever wants him...will have to pay a pretty hefty fee...I doubt the FO is going to sell him in the same fashion Gomez was.

18. bumbleBeeVB

bumbleBeeVB Member+

Aug 6, 2014
    NYC
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's interesting, after the last few years with a lack of proven goal scorers on the market there are now people like Auba, Alexis, lacazette, even Ronaldo and Lewa all available if rumors are true.

19. Boandlkramer

Boandlkramer Member+

Apr 9, 2009
    Samma Weltmeister!
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Lewy isn't available though.

or...

1r935b.jpg

20. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Well Atletico have started negotiating with Chelsea for Diego Costa. He's most likely moving back. I'm guessing the terms have to be finalized.

Also Anto wants the best striker possible. They've got a fantastic squad at Chelsea. And they have the money. Lewandowski has spoken to them and to United.

If he's hell bent on moving you can't really force him to stay. Kind of like Donnarumma at Milan.

21. nekkibasara

nekkibasara Member+

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Virginia
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I think this is way more attacking focused than any formation we will see Ancelloti play at Bayern.

I agree that Alexis is more of a second striker than a winger, but Carlo has played wing forwards many times before, and at Bayern he has his wingers playing further inside than Pep did. I can see it work with Alaba taking up the responsibility to add width on the left.

22. nekkibasara

nekkibasara Member+

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Virginia
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I don't see Bayern forcing him to stay, but we would have to line-up a replacement before agree to sell. Plus he would command a huge price tag.

23. Boandlkramer

Boandlkramer Member+

Apr 9, 2009
    Samma Weltmeister!
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I hope this is a summer of new precedents. We're not some bush league team anymore that sells gems for peanuts.

24. Boandlkramer

Boandlkramer Member+

Apr 9, 2009
    Samma Weltmeister!
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Today

"“Bayern waste no thought on a Lewandowski move. There are no talks with other clubs, and there won’t be any.""

http://wp.me/p840Pq-2qG

25. Raumdeuter

Raumdeuter Member+

Jan 14, 2009
    Texas
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Donnaruma contract expires in 1yr Lewandoski in 4yrs.

If someone thought Morata was worth 70M, Maybe 170M will be a good price for Lewy