Other Team News Part III

Discussion in 'Borussia Dortmund' started by MatthausSammer, May 15, 2016.

1. Rosebud

Rosebud Member+

Aug 5, 2012
    Chicago, IL, USA
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    The issues with Citeh are behind KdB & Silva. They have no 6 capable of structuring the midfield, their FBs are washed up, and their CBs are poor. Sure the structure would be stronger if Ilkay were fit enough to play next to KdB; but the fundamental issues behind them would still exist...especially against a team as dangerous as this season's Monaco.

Sarcasm Bot repped this.
  2. Lahmfan

Lahmfan Member+

Jun 3, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Ohhh the premier league ! The best that football have to provide !

Dhajj repped this.
  3. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    Again a lot of nonsense. You haven't watched much of City this year. Yaya is past his best and needs replacing, but he can still do a good job against the likes of Monaco despite his weaknesses.

A Fernandinho and Yaya partnership, with De Bruyne or Silva in the 10 would have won the game.

Guardiola playing sill buggers and trying to prove how tactically smart he is, got City knocked out. He did the same thing with Bayern, but due to the strength of the Bayern team they had to face a team close to their level.

City are no where near Bayern's level so they get exposed easier.

Also why do you call them Citeh?

4. Rosebud

Rosebud Member+

Aug 5, 2012
    Chicago, IL, USA
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Based on this post it's hard not to assume that you are the one who hasn't watched much of Citeh this season. Monaco would've loved to have Yaya out there on the pitch taking away one of the EPL club's attackers. The Manchester midfield would've still gotten just as over-run, only with less bite up front to compensate

5. MatthausSammer

MatthausSammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    We can throw "what if" scenarios back and forth, but the reality is City had more than enough chances to put the game away but they didn't take them.

Dave46 repped this.
  6. Alex C

Alex C Member+

Oct 27, 2015
    Chatham
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    That's the way the Mancs pronounce it.

Dave46 repped this.
  7. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    Why would 2 people in midfield and sitting deep get overrun easier than just one person?

This shows you haven't watched the Liverpool and Tottenham games. The problems are still obvious, but City managed to hold their own despite losing narrowly to Liverpool and blowing a 2-o lead against Tottenham. It's by no means a perfect situation and were they playing Bayern or Madrid, then they would be exposed, but Monaco had far too many weaknesses themselves.
    A bit of a meaningless statement. City only really had the chances to get the 2-1 goal, which they did. Monaco then went right back up and scored.

Not to mention Monaco especially in the first half had lots of chances themselves and blew the first leg. Had Falcao scored the pen and the keeper not chucked one in, then City would not even have been in the game.

Also just, because you can still win a game does not mean your manager was not tactically inept. No matter how stupid the tactics are the better players usually win just like with Dortmund vs Lotte.

8. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    I know that's how it sounds in the Mancunian accent, but what's the point in saying it. It's been used as a dig to Manchester City, but I don't get it. Fans from the south usually say it to make fun of the accent. City fans are proud of their accent. Why would a Union Berlin fan get involved?

9. Rosebud

Rosebud Member+

Aug 5, 2012
    Chicago, IL, USA
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Because I have friends who root for Citeh and we enjoy pronouncing it that way when watching matches at the bar?

Sarcasm Bot repped this.
  10. Sarcasm Bot

Sarcasm Bot Member+

Nov 4, 2014
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    why would a crystal palace fan get involved with dortmund? is this a serious discussion?

Dave46, swit0539, chewz and 3 others repped this.
  11. Alex C

Alex C Member+

Oct 27, 2015
    Chatham
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    People can suppoirt whoever they want. There are quite a large number of english fans who regularly take trips to watch Dortmund. They are very popular.

I personally support the team where half my family are from (Koblenz), although I don't live there anymore. I also support Spurs.

It seems there are a lot of fans on here who don't live in the country of the team they support. Which is fine.

12. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    I was not talking about supporting Manchester City, but the mocking of the Mancunian accent. City fans don't usually care, but Citeh is nearly always used in a derogatory term.

13. Lahmfan

Lahmfan Member+

Jun 3, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Nothing is derogatory when it comes to English trash.. i mean .. "clubs"

y-lee-coyote repped this.
  14. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    Wenger's time is up at Arsenal. A sad end. Just terrible today. Sanchez and Ozil will probably leave, question marks about Koscielny, Chamberlain and Wilshere.

15. thisisthelife

thisisthelife Member

Nov 1, 2015
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Bulgaria
    Arsenal have been in a dire need of an overhaul for the better part of a decade now. Wenger is simply depleted for them. While Wilshere and the Ox are overhyped (and plainly average) English players, the real blow for the team would be losing Sanchez and Ozil - the only world class players they have. Still, if I were in charge there, I would go all in for Sarri or Sampaoli.

Rosebud, Liquid1010 and Dhajj repped this.
  16. Dave46

Dave46 Member+

Nov 30, 2013
    Las Vegas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Armenia
    Well, Wenger needs to leave for sure

17. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    It'd be nice to not have Arsenal in the CL for once. Which means next season it'll be Chelsea, Liverpool, City and Spurs.

18. MatthausSammer

MatthausSammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    In the Bundesliga, Leipzig is losing 2-0 to Werder and Hertha is losing 4-2 to Köln in the 76th or so minute. Fantastic news for our standing if the results hold. We have a better goal diffèrence than Leipzig soif they slip up again we should be ready to overtake them.

bvbSlash repped this.
  19. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    It's going to be tough. We face Schalke and Bayern in the next couple of matches. Darmstadt and Mainz. If we do keep pace by winning then 2nd place is ours. A healthy squad minus Gotze should be able to beat Bayern in Munich.

20. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    I still think the aim at the moment should be the CL and the cup. I have a feeling that beating Bayern is what stands between us and the greatest season in the clubs history. Unfortunately beating even this current Bayern is one of the hardest tasks of the last 25 years of football.

21. Boandlkramer

Boandlkramer Member+

Apr 9, 2009
    Samma Weltmeister!
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    You fail to remember that Bayern (for a week) has zero injuries....dammit Costa! [emoji35]

22. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    I agree with a lot of this, but some things I disagree with.

Arsenal have needed change for about 5 years, Wenger actually did reasonably well the first 5 years after he last won the title. His big mistake was not winning the League Cup more often. Comparatively, building a stadium in London was so much more expensive back then than now. The CL money and the TV money has made it much more affordable for clubs to build a stadium. Arsenal just didn't have the money to spend big and lost star player after star player. Even so Arsenal brought through a few world class players. They just couldn't keep them.

It's the last 5 years when he has had money to spend and has kept his trust in these average British players that have let him down so badly. That new English core with Gibbs, Wilshere, Ramsey, Walcott, Chamberlain and later on Chambers was his downfall. He trusted average players and didn't have the heart to get rid of them when they were clearly not up to it.

Wenger has never been great tactically and now with average players it shows even more. People used to laugh at me when I constantly told Arsenal fans they were no better than Schalke or Leverkusen. Those teams are having terrible seasons, but even now their squads and the Arsenal squad are on the same level.

23. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    We've beaten them. Atletico did as well. So did Rostov. It's not that hard. If you count last season, so did Arsenal.

24. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    I am talking about beating/getting the best of them when it really matters. In the last 5 years only 4 teams have done so. Barcelona, Atletico and Madrid were all better than we are. We are the fourth when we beat them on penalties in the cup. Now they are weaker but have a far better manager for the big games. It will be a momentous task. The plus side is that they will be a lot weaker, unless they make exceptional signings, next season.

25. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    We've stepped up when it matters too, albeit not in the league and against teams we should have definitely beaten. But we manhandled Benfica, kept Madrid at bay and managed to beat Bayern after over a year.