Other Team News Part III

Discussion in 'Borussia Dortmund' started by MatthausSammer, May 15, 2016.

1. HockeytownHeel

HockeytownHeel Member+

Dortmund
    United States
    Jul 23, 2018
    lol yeah that would be nice. Screw Bayern though we need a couple of years of opening the check book to compete with them for a long run. Not sure that the big spenders will sign off on that.

astrophyz repped this.
  2. Boandlkramer

Boandlkramer Member+

Apr 9, 2009
    Samma Weltmeister!
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    You assume Bayern won’t “open the checkbook” in the next couple years.

Next summer will be unprecedented IMHO.

3. TimBenneth

TimBenneth Member

Borussia Dortmund
    Uruguay
    May 10, 2017
    You know, i'm not sure Dortmund need to open the checkbook to compete with Bayern to be honest. If they are smart in the transfer window they could easily go toe to toe. It would help if they didn't bring in players on loan, or at the very least had a obligatory buy out clause and precontract agreement with any loaned in player.
    Diallo
    Dellaney
    Witsel
    Wolf
    Alcacer
    Hakimi
    Hitz
    Out of those, the only really contentious transfer would be wolf at 5mil euros, and depending on the add ons, Dellaney might have been a bit on the expensive side. Not bad though ...

4. MtnGardener

MtnGardener Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    United States
    Jul 21, 2017
    Nah, we don't assume that. In fact we assume they will load up. We just hope they don't get our guys and whoever they do get will suck =) I also hope particularly that Robben gets re-signed, but then sucks and whines. He has a special place in my heart.

Boandlkramer repped this.
  5. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    Havertz is so good. Leverkusen won 4-2 today. Brandt is a strange one. He is not playing as well as he should be. If he does not focus and step up he could go the way of Draxler. He needs to dedicate himself to becoming the best player he can be.

6. podrinje

podrinje Member+

Borussia Dortmund
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Oct 10, 2013
    Bay Area!
    Club:
    Alemannia Aachen
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Dortmund have to go hard at Havertz this summer and make him the club's record signing but I'm afraid that Bayern will go on a major shopping spree which will include him as well.

7. BVBFNM

BVBFNM Member+

Apr 3, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    I'd like to add that if Alcácer continues to excel with us throughout the season it's back to Barcelona for him, in which case I think we should also go all out for Werner.

8. Raumdeuter

Raumdeuter Member+

Jan 14, 2009
    Texas
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Does Dortmund really need him. At AM you have pulisic JBL Sancho Reus Phillip Wolf most young

9. BVBFNM

BVBFNM Member+

Apr 3, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Wolf has proven useless so far, however his contributions in defence and his stamina suggest he could be retrained as a fullback, thus solving the problem of an aging Pizszcek.

10. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    If we see Havertz as kind of a playmaker between midfield and striker, then of the ones listed, only Reus can be trusted to play that role. The other players only temporarily take that role from time to time when positions are switched during a match but are otherwise different types of players. Larsen/Sancho/Pulisic are still too careless/lose the ball too often for that role and don't have the necessary composure or the finesse (yet?). Havertz is pretty remarkable in that regard for his age.

11. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    given his increasing by the day price tag, plus EPL and Barca scouting him. I feel like Havertz won't play for another German team other than Bayer and that the outside Germany clubs are the ones who would be willing to splash the $$$.

12. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    Quite possibly, but English teams don't really scout the Bundesliga much. It's been a bit of a strange moment with Guardiola, Klopp and Mislintat all having come from Germany recently. I think things will go back to normal with English clubs not willing to take the risk on Bundesliga talents unless they have done something incredible in the CL.

Havertz is unheard of in England and this matters. I don't see him going to Barcelona with Coutinho playing in his position either

I doubt we will get him, but I hope he fulfils his potential he looks like he can become world class.

13. Ger90

Ger90 Member+

May 13, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Bundesliga is not the only way to scout players. Havertz for one had numerous exploits scouted for playing for the Germany youth NT, where he was captain as well. I believe both Liverpool and Arsenal have shown interest for him.

you have to remember that the kid started as a pro as a 17 year old and has been breaking numerous records. 17 year old Havertz and 20 year old Brandt are pretty much the only reason as to why Bayer wasn't relegated in 2016-2017 season. Also Havertz played CL that season and was scouted according to reports at the time as he did well.

I believe there was a recent reports that Havertz current exploits once again for a struggling club have made foreign scouts watching him become a regular thing. 4 goals and 3 assists in the last 5 games. Currently he's the leading scorer in EL.

14. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    You are probably right. I think the team is one attacking player squad. This season is Gotze/Kagawa's last chance. If Pulisic does not sign he will be sold too and then Philipp needs to play more. So we will have to bring in a replacement at some point.

15. Arlo

Arlo Member

Nov 9, 2005
    Dublin, Ireland
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    bayern 0-2 down at 17th min already

16. hava

hava Member+

Apr 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Yeah, it's strange. After quite a good start I was convinced and still think that Kovac isn't a bad coach. They might need to move on from some old players but I don't watch enough of them to judge that. But even if they lose today, it's still only a nice moment at the top for us. Last season, we had a lead of 5 points and lost that in two games. A Bayern fan then mentioned here that Bayern were never out of the title race. Of course they weren't. Even a 10 point lead wouldn't have been enough.

17. Boandlkramer

Boandlkramer Member+

Apr 9, 2009
    Samma Weltmeister!
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Kovac needs to be bold and bench players that need it....if he can’t even do that then Jupp needs to be called yet again.

18. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    Bayern are suffering from past it players having too much power and demanding to play. A bit like Germany.

Robben, Ribery Boateng and Muller should not be playing. I have never been that impressed with Thiago.

Anyway this is good news for Dortmund.

19. Boandlkramer

Boandlkramer Member+

Apr 9, 2009
    Samma Weltmeister!
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    5th place.....

IMG_3586.JPG

20. astrophyz

astrophyz Member

Sep 23, 2016
    Boston, USA
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Egypt
    Great start for the weekend.. Dortmund winning, Bayern losing, Madrid losing, Mourinho's face.. (OK, that's a little mean, but still)

21. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    A couple of our ex players scored in the game today: Schurrle and Auba. Good to see Schurrle starting to play better.

I watched the 2nd half of the Leverkuse game and Brandt is just no playing well enough. He needs to buck up his ideas. He has potential, but you can look at his body and see he is not fit enough, he too complacent.

22. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    So nobody saw the Bayern short notice press conference? Everybody thought it'd be about firing Kovac but he got a vote of confidence. Temporary of course.

So Rumi attacked the media for being harsh on their players, Uli said he should have used less harsh words to attack Ozil and them losing to PSG was solely Bernat's fault.

Unfückingbelievable. This is a club that has an incumbent convicted tax evader, takes annual bribes from the Qatari despots, brutally attacked Ozil for no reason, supports blatant racism amongst its ranks.....and that's just on the pitch.

Meanwhile, on the pitch they have a thug who pays underage girls for sex, a crook convicted of domestic assault, a world class diver and a bunch of traitors.

And all this is current. All this is what's going on now and in the past few years. These hypocrites need to be kicked out and the club relegated two divisions. Juventus got penalized for a lot less. Barcelona are perpetually held accountable. Real Madrid don't even come close.

Not enough of their fans speak out much but then again they do have wannabe taxi driving petty wankers amongst their lot.

chewz and Kargetina_BVB repped this.
  23. HockeytownHeel

HockeytownHeel Member+

Dortmund
    United States
    Jul 23, 2018
    I have no idea about any of those things

24. Boandlkramer

Boandlkramer Member+

Apr 9, 2009
    Samma Weltmeister!
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Hey guys, @bvbSlash really REALLY dislikes FCBayern. [emoji23]

#FCTrump.....it’s embarrassing

#UliRaus

25. MatthausSammer

MatthausSammer Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    It's probably not a coincidence that Bayern started trending downhill once the tax-evader Uli resumed his position.