Other Team News Part III

Discussion in 'Borussia Dortmund' started by MatthausSammer, May 15, 2016.

1. Boandlkramer

Boandlkramer Member+

Apr 9, 2009
    Samma Weltmeister!
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Europe isn’t a realistic goal...

Domestic double....I think everyone is still in the fight here.

2. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    Europe is a long shot, but possible. It depends hugely on Robben staying fit for the key games.

From a Dortmund POV, I would like a repeat of 2012.

Heynckes though has immediately starting picking teams with the right balance. Robben and Koman are both needed to give the team pace or else it becomes to slow.

James Rodriguez is really going to struggle, which is a shame, because he is a quality player, but he was a poor signing. There's no point Bayern buying any 10 as long as Muller is still a top player, because the position is taken.

3. Boandlkramer

Boandlkramer Member+

Apr 9, 2009
    Samma Weltmeister!
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Our check cleared...not that that red wasn’t undeserving

4. Liquid1010

Liquid1010 Member+

Sep 5, 2009
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Bad timing.... but how is that any different than pulling his jersey to get him down. Tactical foul is a tactical foul. Alonso did this on a regular basis!

5. MtnGardener

MtnGardener Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    United States
    Jul 21, 2017
    That seemed like a clear yellow. Not the last defender. Not studs-to-ankle. Not directly behind. Not two footed. Not following through with power. Just a good tactical yellow. I wonder what the ref thought he saw to throw a red?

Liquid1010 repped this.
  6. Liquid1010

Liquid1010 Member+

Sep 5, 2009
    Canada
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    He saw a tier 1 team complain. It happens in most situations when Tier 1 teams play tier 2 teams.

7. Boandlkramer

Boandlkramer Member+

Apr 9, 2009
    Samma Weltmeister!
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Looked like studs to me (reverse angle)

https://instagram.com/p/BaibYShD04o/

8. y-lee-coyote

y-lee-coyote Member+

Dec 4, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Late+studs up+behind the man=reckless and dangerous= str8t red.

9. MtnGardener

MtnGardener Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    United States
    Jul 21, 2017
    I agree the studs are partly up. If his studs like that had hit the ankles I agree on a red. But 45 degrees and doesn't hit the ankle? And look at the pic. He is not "behind". That is a definite yellow and a weak-assed red. Do they happen? Yes. Does every tackle like that get a red? No, not even close. The announcers were never expecting a red. They were not positive it would be a yellow. They are somewhat experienced at watching and playing soccer.

What was truly pathetic was the announcer in the second half going on and on about "Bayern are really showing there quality here, and it has nothing to do with heir being a man up". Really? I wasn't seeing quality. I saw a team struggling and barely beating Hamburg 1-0 while up a man for half the match. Have some dignity.

10. y-lee-coyote

y-lee-coyote Member+

Dec 4, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    No need to get all snippy. I have watched a game or two myself, but I am sure your interweb credentials exceed mine. Nevertheless, that is how I saw it.

The tackle was clearly from behind, he was getting outrun even if he started off beside him. He made a late lunging tackle and caught all player. It was rash and dangerous to me all day.

For your appeal to authority to work, we first have to accept your authority is actually, you know an authority. You even go on to criticize them after attempting to use them as an authority. SMH!

Just because we disagree does not mean you need to be an arse about it.

11. MtnGardener

MtnGardener Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    United States
    Jul 21, 2017
    To be clear, no sarcasm or anything other that complete seriousness follows:

I am very sorry! I really meant no snippiness or disrespect. I don't claim expertise greater than yours or anyone else's. I felt I was just participating one step further in the discussion about whether or not it was a harsh red. I was trying to not be too wordy but communicate one more thing I felt weighed in the "I think it was harsh" direction. If I came across as harsh, snippy, dismissive, or anything else other than maybe a guy who doesn't know when to quit (which I admit to) I sincerely apologize.

y-lee-coyote repped this.
  12. y-lee-coyote

y-lee-coyote Member+

Dec 4, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Hell in concacaf, that isn't even a foul, so I do see your side too. I think if you are going for the tactical foul, it is not necessary to hurt the guy.

On a different note, I know it is early days, but is the Bundesliga down this year beyond just Dortmund and Bayern?

13. MtnGardener

MtnGardener Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    United States
    Jul 21, 2017
    #2588 MtnGardener, Oct 23, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2017
    I have been watching several games per matchday and I haven't been impressed with much I've seen from any team other than BVB on their good days. It is pretty clear that this is an up year for PL and a down year for BL. But if you look at the number of young guys getting starts in BL I think the future is okay:

http://www.football-observatory.com/IMG/sites/atlas/en/

England is red. Germany is green. BVB is not exactly leading the BL pack in age, but with Sancho, Isak, DAZ, CP, Toljan, and Weigl there is certainly youth. RBL are solidly under 24 for average age! There are PL teams that are close to 30. Even if the very best talent goes to England and Spain I think the youth in BL will have another up cycle next year.

y-lee-coyote repped this.
  14. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    Yes and I predicted this from the start. The Bundesliga is in real trouble. With the exception of Bayern, Bundesliga clubs don't have the money of Serie A. The Premier League teams are incredibly rich and are making use of it. Spain is still the most likely destination and easiest place to settle for South American players plus their youngsters don't leave.

The Bundesliga will need an incredibly talented group of youngsters to come through to save it.

The big clubs in the Bundesliga like Schalke, Hamburg etc are run by idiots. If you had someone deliberately trying to destroy these clubs they couldn't have made them worse.

Schalke not so long ago had a better and more promising team than Tottenham as did Leverkusen.

Schalke could boast Kolasinac, Howedes, Goretzka, Sane, Draxler, Matip and Meyer. If they were smart and had bought Werner, they would have had a team capable of winning the Bundesliga.

Leverkusen still have incredible talent, but make no use of it and allow the players to leave cheaply.

15. bvbSlash

bvbSlash Member+

Jan 7, 2014
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I hate to admit it but you were right when you predicted that we would have a hard time in the CL group.

Most of us didn't think PB would be so thoroughly out of his league against Spurs and Madrid. Pound for pound we are better than Spurs and there's plenty of evidence that we can at least tie with Madrid. We haven't achieved either of those.

Of course Watzke goes to the media and says everything is fine since we are top of the table. He's so incredibly reactionary as a CEO.

16. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    I am not sure this is true especially with the injuries we have. If we put both first 11s out then I would say far more Tottenham players would get in than Dortmund. Tottenham also have the intangibles such as a settled squad, with a settled manager. Every player in the team looks like a Tottenham player: they are big, strong, powerful runners with decent technical ability, but not stellar. Wanyama, Dier, Ali, Kane, Sisoko, Son, etc. They are all at least 6ft and physical players. They all fit together as a team. The other underestimated thing about Tottenham is their excellent defence.

Now Dortmund on the other hand has an iron/clay team. Weigl, Raphael, Dahoud, Bartra and Gotze are excellent technical players, but Sokratis, Toljan, LP, Schmelzer, Castro, and even Sahin to a great extent are not. It means that the team will never pass the ball as quickly as needed to get around more physical teams.

17. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    Muller out for all the key games for Bayern. It's a big blow for them. I know over the last year and half he has not been in the best of form, but he was back to his old level under Heynckes and they will miss him.

I am looking forward to seeing how the Leipzig vs Bayern games go.

In other news Brandt has spectacular in the last couple of games. Probably right to question his attitude and professionalism, but he has world class talent. When he puts it together he is going to be something special. He reminds be a bit of a young De Bruyne.

18. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    A scandalous performance from the ref tonight. I am not sure how he can be so bad with VR. It's disgraceful.

Keita deserved his red, but how has Vidal managed to stay on? Leipzig should have had 2 penalties.

19. Quigs

Quigs Member

Feb 14, 2017
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Don't think there is VR in the Pokal

20. Quigs

Quigs Member

Feb 14, 2017
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    The empire strikes back .Cracking game , Hopefully Leipzig win on peno's

21. swit0539

swit0539 Member+

Aug 13, 2008
    Sydney
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    I'm hoping Bayern win. I dislike RB more and plus I take great pleasure in us knocking Bayern out.

Boandlkramer repped this.
  22. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    The first penalty was incorrectly overuled by VR I thought. Or maybe he just consulted with his linesman.

Leipzig deserve to go through this match.

They should make a deal to sell Liverpool Keita in January for a a couple of extra million. He has been a liability at the club.

23. Boandlkramer

Boandlkramer Member+

Apr 9, 2009
    Samma Weltmeister!
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    VAR comes at the semis I think

eaglespark repped this.
  24. Boandlkramer

Boandlkramer Member+

Apr 9, 2009
    Samma Weltmeister!
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    So much for Timo.. [emoji23][emoji23]

25. eaglespark

eaglespark Member+

Apr 9, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    Thanks. It was a terribly refereeing performance. He gave everything to Bayern. Vidal and Kimmich could have easily been sent off. Vidal arguably should have been sent alone for the penalty that was a red card. I fail to see how that was worse than the Hamburg red.

In the end Werner missed. I was sure Werner would miss. A good effort from Leipzig.

Even with Heynckes Bayern have lots of problems.

Boandlkramer repped this.